What's new

Hortilux PowerVeg

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Havn't seen to many post regarding Hortilux PowerVeg bulbs. Finally decided to give it a while, swapped them in last night. I went with 2 fs+uv, 2 of the 660's, and to of the 633's. I'm like 5 or 6 days into flower.

Not a whole lot of grow logs with them, those that you can find its hard to say how good of a grower they are, but the best review I found compared it like adding c02. If everything is dialed in should notice a dif, if not maybe not so much. So we shall see, I plan to add 2 more fs+uv bulbs, just my fixture is a 6 bulb, so I have to add two single fixtures and then I will add them in as well. I'm dong a mini scrog(8 modular screens, 8 3 gal pots) and really have a high goal as far as yield, so really gonna put these bulbs to the test. All organic.

So far, all I can say is the plants look nice under these lights. See how things look in a couple weeks. Here some before/after shots.

Anybody here have any input on them?

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
well, its been a couple days or so now, plants seem to like the bulbs, growth rate is still good, lets see how it goes

been wanting to try these our for awhile, so far so good. Wish there was some more grow logs with them though.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Seems like they throw off a lil less heat, and growth seems to of sped up, however they also just got some tea.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well so far I think I am liking the powerveg bulbs, can't say if its worth the money yet, but seems like stretch is less than what it would of been with reg bulbs, plant growth is good, they just, happy.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Yeah they seem more happy under these lights. I think I like them. Still plan to add 2 more fs+uv bulbs. Wish I had a light meter, them phone app ones just a waste of time lol?

SICE

awesome thanks for this post on this product. recently ran into these nice to see them in action

Slangheat

*bump*

I’m running 2x 6 bulb t5 fixtures with normal agromax 6400k bulbs for veg. Want to stick with t5s, but want to look into something else. Different spectrum, uv? Any t5 recomendos for bulb options? Would like to keep my fixture but add a bulb, or two, or 6 per fixture to get the best bang for my space with t5.

While I’m here on this subject, I put those plants into a separate room with (2) 1k hps vertically stacked inside an octagon — any light supplement ideas for that are welcome as well. Been running my setup for a decade or so but have been out of the loop on these forums in that time. Considering MH for a 3rd light but maybe there’s better ideas? Would love some input on light improvements if anyone has an opinion?

Thanks in advance ??