What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hornet's 250W Insulated Attic Cab (First Grow!)

responses

responses

Lord Fatwa said:
Good job man. Its seeing a thread like yours that inspires me to get my first grow started

Thanks...Get Growing!

Jerry Maine said:
Nice grow, love your setup, very thorough, well thought out and well built. Fully insulated too, one of the cleanest boxes I've ever seen, newb or otherwise. And your plants are showing their appreciation too.

I'll be following how you keep those ladies tied down. Your box in metric is roughly 80x40x110 cm. I'm guessing you give up 20 cm height for the light, then another 10cm between the buds and the glass shield, plus up to 20cm for the pots and soil. If so you'd be aiming for plants about 60cm tall, or 2 foot, perhaps a tad taller.

I have a bit less width to work with, but about the same height. I'll probably only have 2 or 3 plants though, depends if 1 or both of the skush turn out to be female. Also, I bought grapefruit on the recommendation of the seedshop owner, was told it was a good indoor plant, not too stretchy, when in fact the complete opposite is true, lol, so I have to tame the beast. I've already started LST'ing and will probably scrog too, at least the GF. Might be able to garner a few tricks off your grow, even if the strains are different.

I'm also using 1.6 gallon pots and am wondering whether to repot or not. Right now I'm probably leaning towards not, but if both skush are male the decision will be difficult not to revisit, lol.

A couple of questions, has the stretch since you flipped to 12:12 stopped or slowed yet? And how many good sized side shoots are there on the plants, compared to smaller ones you might trim?

Jerry

Sorry it took me so long to respond, thanks for your encouragement. I'll do my best to answer your questions...

60 cm or 24 inchess is about right. I could go as high as 75 cm or 30 inches if need be.

I think 4 plants is pushing it for my cab, but they are all doing fine. 3 plants would be easier to deal with and allow me to repot. I'm slightly worried about not repotting, but I don't think its going to fuck me much..if at all.

The stretch has stopped. I got maybe 10" of stretch? Not much...and I continued LST'ing.

I've left about 10 tops per plant, The are all relatively at the same height. I didn't do much trimming, just the smallest and spindliest of the shoots.

30 days of 12/12

30 days of 12/12

Time for my weekly update.

I've got four plants in flower, and everyone seems to be doing well. Space is short, but the girls are being polite to each other. Plants are now about 20" above soil level. I should have plenty of cab height through flower.

They are really starting to smell delicious...something like candied ginger perhaps.

Buds are starting to fill in, and I've got lots of trichs on the upper bud leaves. Right now, the worst thing waiting...

Cab is working flawlessly. Temps in cab 70 - 85. Attic temps have been as high as 120. So far so good

Thanks for looking in. Your comments are appreciated (and often very helpful).

Y

YwouldntI

theyre shapin up now bro,the sretch should be over with all bud growth now yo.peace-Y-

Where that hornets head at, where it at? Oh yeah, right up in with the garden. Looking good. If I were a bee I'd try to get some sugar from them flowers. Thought I'd let you know I've been enjoying the show. Don't mind me I'll just be buzzing round your thread from time to time.

HAPPYTREE

Just awesome for a noob/or a pro. You did a great job on research.
first time here but im in time for the fireworks.

be safe
HT

YwouldntI said:
theyre shapin up now bro,the sretch should be over with all bud growth now yo.peace-Y-
Thanks man, peace to you too.

-ShutterBug- said:
Where that hornets head at, where it at? Oh yeah, right up in with the garden. Looking good. If I were a bee I'd try to get some sugar from them flowers. Thought I'd let you know I've been enjoying the show. Don't mind me I'll just be buzzing round your thread from time to time.
Thanks for flyin' in shutterbug. I appreciate the kind words. I've been checking out your garden too...inspiring. We insects luv the buz!

HAPPYTREE said:
Just awesome for a noob/or a pro. You did a great job on research.
first time here but im in time for the fireworks.

be safe
HT
Thanks happytree. I'm definitely all about research...it pays dividends.
I'm glad my grow is worth watching...and trust me...with a state trooper across the street...I'm all about safety :angrymod:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Headless Hornet said:
Cab is working flawlessly. Temps in cab 70 - 85. Attic temps have been as high as 120.

You da' man! A bug-fuck crazy man but, da' man.

Hornet-
Boy things are sure getting good in your neighborhood!!
I've been loveing lights on, now that i finally have somthing other than leaves!
Well it won't be long and you'll be smoke'n that fine looking bud.
I'm all about the pursuit of free smoke.
I too hope to be going that road after this harvest, its about time!
good luck:) JS

Jerry Maine

ljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

ljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Looking fantastic dude, I hope next month my plants are turning out like yours. Those ladies are really starting to get fat and hairy, which is good only for the garden variety, haha. And thanks for replying to my post, I'll probably have a couple more questions later on.

J

Big Props & Mad Ups

Big Props & Mad Ups

Big Ups & Mad Props (is that what you kids say? :wink:) to my fellow growers.

Freezerboy, Inpot, Joch, and Jerry...thanks for your compliments...you've all got great grows :canabis:

Not much excitement going on in the Hornet's Nest these day...(and that is a good thing). Things are waaay crowded, but I'm dealing with the density.

The stretch is over (i expected much more), and the girls are quietly putting on bud weight.

I've trimmed some small immature bottom buds to sample in my vape.......I think it's going to be a potent crop...

Pics:

* last pic is of a nice mutant double-top bud *

Jerry Maine

That third pic is a gem, makes me realize how totally pissweak my training is, haha, you really put your foot down and told those ladies exactly where to grow. They seem to like it though, hehe. Colours coming out, guess you're getting closer to harvest.

Jerry

Y

YwouldntI

nice hornet,great job on the training!im still here lurkin in ur cab.
ur grow is lookin the bomb.ur planning is payin off bigtime.
how long till you pull?peace-Y-

Jerry Maine

Yeah, dude was only a couple of weeks or so from cutting by my reckoning, hopefully he'll be along for a smoke report once he's done drying and curing the proceeds.

Where iz ya Hornet, all is good?

J

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
no reponse...

no reponse...

:nono: in a very long time...it prolly got way to hot up there in the attic or he told someone... :spank:

Latest posts

Latest posts