What's new

Hoping for frosty buds.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
magiccannabus, thanks for dropping in and for the nice comments. The plants are vegging under CLF's(?) (LowEnergy lamps) right now, I am not using any mercury lamps yet. I wanted to use them for foliarpenetration later in the veg. Do you have a good reason why I should'nt use it?

It just doesn't have a good growing spectrum. I think you might actually be able to put a metal halide bulb in that same fixture. I know with 400W M59 ballasts, they run either type. Not sure with your ballast, but it's likely. If you could put a metal halide bulb in there instead, you'd get better results. Even a single CFL in there might out perform that mercury lamp.

andyboy

Thanks MC, I've been reading up a bit on lamps and spectums but since english isn't my first language it's been kinda hard to understand the more technical things. After your advice I did however find some info in Swedish and it seems like I should go shopping for a bulb anyday soon. :D

andyboy

Ok, killed two of them, the ones showing promise offcourse...! What way do you guys suggest to lower Ph in soil? Seeing that this was the thing that killed them of, I tried in a not so smart way.:pointlaug

Another one wasn't feeling to well so it was put outside, hoping that it will manage on it's own.

Have one left that has started growing somewhat but with the soil I'm using I doubt it will be any good until I get it dialed in.

Anyway, popped three more seeds in some new better soil and hoping that it will make a difference.

sero!

Ok, killed two of them, the ones showing promise offcourse...! What way do you guys suggest to lower Ph in soil? Seeing that this was the thing that killed them of, I tried in a not so smart way.
you can use dolomite lime to stabilize the ph of your soil, there´s a great thread about it here http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123087

regarding to the bulb issue i guess a metal halide is the best if you dont have heat issues, if you do, then i´ll think about using fluorescents for vegging.

that´s a real nice spot for growing, keep the good work!

andyboy

Well, the survivor seems to be thriving, although he is really, really short and bushy. Don't know if it's because of temps or the light beeing so close but I like it nonetheless.

had to pop some more seeds, another feminized Powerplant and one more Doublegum, hoping for a female each. I think the short one is male since he doesnt smell anything but the one that got killed of stunk to high heaven even at 3 weeks(?).

picture.php
picture.php

andyboy

Long time no update but here it is:

I started LST on the plant a while ago and today I cut of the biggest fan-leaves so that the light would reach the lower branches, it's looking good but I still don't know if it's a male or a female.

Whatever way it goes I have learned pretty much from this humble survivor, but since there is still more to learn I popped some more seeds, another Double gum, another power-plant and 5 Ingemars punch. Really exited about this. All the vegging is taking place under 3 x 36 watts.

First pic is of the Double-gum from the previous post LST:ed and topped measuring in at 8 cm over soil:

picture.php
picture.php

Next is the veggingspot with 1 Doublegum, 1 powerplant and 5 Ingemars punch (that you probably cant see:

picture.php