What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hop Stunt Viroid in Cannabis

Principante8

So whats the general consensus on treating/ curing the hplv???

Bleach scissors or cutting tools with fresh 10% bleach solution to sanitize before using on each plant. 2-3 minutes. I bought a pound of pool shock for $7.50 which makes 200 gallons of bleach. This way I know it's always fresh. I only found out a few years ago that bleach loses potency and is roughly half strength after a year. Old bleach would require much more to accomplish the same. Having 200 gallons means I never run out at a key moment. Pool shock keeps for about 10 years supposedly.
IMG_20220222_235000679.jpg

This is new for me but my system is 6 pairs of numbered scissors in a large cup of bleach. I'll prune one plant, put the scissors in the bleach, grab pair number two, and repeat.
​​​The guys at dark heart said the leaves rubbing together doesn't seem to spread it very easily but blades will because they cut deeper into the plants. Anything like gnats or root aphids will carry it to multiple plants and chewing bugs like thrips or mites will do the same. Once it's in the plant you're looking at 5 grand and a 6-12 wait to get it cleaned. Heat and bleach the grow area between rounds to sanitize. No rubbing alcohol it just thins and spreads the viroid further.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I know its not cost effective....but for me Scissors are one and done every time bro....a couple brand new $10 fiskars for cloning couple times a month and be toss them afterwards...

Principante8

I know its not cost effective....but for me Scissors are one and done every time bro....a couple brand new $10 fiskars for cloning couple times a month and be toss them afterwards...

Shit man, Fiskars? Sounds like you've been hitting some crops! I just picked up 6 pairs of cheapies from amazon for $17. Definitely a good idea to replace them every time. I'm soaking between plants but it makes sense to start a new crop with fresh new tools for sure. I was like five seconds away from using an old pair of scissors when I topped this round but I remembered just in time to grab a new pair. This time the old pairs will hit the trash at harvest with the stems and rockwool.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Only ignorant fucker I see here is you.

So I call someone an ignorant fucker for coming into a knowledge sharing thread and make believing that this isn't a real void.. And you get butt hurt haha.. I know this viroid very well. Anyone who wants to come at me or others and talk shit can get called out. This is why I don't waste time with retards on the forums anymore 🤣🤣🤣

beta

Veteran
Published last week, some really incredible info in here:

Hop Latent Viroid: A Hidden Threat to the Cannabis Industry

beta

Veteran
So if one Parent plant had Vroid(say the Mom) and the other didnt,would all the seeds bred from that also be contaminated?Wonder what are the %'tages of offspring that carry the virus. Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed.
🍀🍻✌🏻🌈
According to the paper I just posted, infection via seed or pollen is either very uncommon or not possible.

beta

Veteran