What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hooray!....My new hybrids!!

G

No clones on this grow......well, not yet anyway.:wink:
For this grow, I'm trying out a couple of my own crosses that I made last year.....a Sour Diesel 2.5 x Deep Chunk cross I call "Sour Chunk", and a Mothers Finest/Haze x LSD cross I call "Flashback".:D I have 2 fems of each, just shy of 4 wks flowering.
1st up, the Flashback's.....This pheno is shorter and sweeter than her sister. From the moment this plant sprouted it had purple stems and irregular, discolored/blotchy leaves. It also has those stubby pistils like I've seen in the LSD and Bogglegum I've grown before. It does have that grape/candy smell......

This Flashback also shows alot of LSD, but with more of a sativa look due to the MFH. It smells weird, but good.....like sweet, musty leather. :yummy:

This pheno of Sour Chunk shows a little more of the Deep Chunk as far as leaf-style and low odor. Both phenos are low odor so far....definitly a trait picked up from the DC, not the SD! When rubbed, this plant smells very similar to DC, only with a little sourness.

Now this is my favorite of the 2 Sour Chunks. It towers over the other 3 plants in the garden, and looks the best. This pheno shows more of the Sour Diesel than her sister....like above, in both leaf style and odor. It has the Sour smell, just not strong. She's looking to be a frosty gal too!!:D

G

Right on Jimmy. Like that Sour D cross. There certainly will be no shotage of chunk crosses this year.

ES

G

Elkslayer....thanks for stopping by. :smile: Plenty of DC x's huh?.....Who's doing them? :confused:

pseudochile.....that idea of the Sour Diesel x Sharon came up the same time the Schromy Deez was thought up by Rez....so he's the one to talk to. :wink:

Here are a couple buds out of my 5.5 oz of Sour Diesel, curing as we speak. :yummy: 5.5 oz between 3 plants sounds low, but considering they were in only 1.5 gallon pots is not too bad.......avg. 1.8 oz per plant. The next time I grow SD, it will be in 3 gal. pots.....so I'll be looking at yielding around 3.5-4 oz per plant. :canabis:
Sour Diesel's comming to town! :whip:

O

OHenry

nice work jimmy! those sd buds look greeeeaaatttt. mine are almost there....cant wait! later oh

G

I love the name Flashback & it sounds like a very cool cross

The Sour Chunk - well.....,.the name says it all & would be must have & high on my list

great stuff Jimmy / ur a very good photgrapher as well /

Keep up the growing & may u always be blessed

SD pict;#1 = I got the whole world in my hands

G

Jimmynitz said:
Elkslayer....thanks for stopping by. :smile: Plenty of DC x's huh?.....Who's doing them? :confused:
QUOTE]

Hey Jimmy, there are a bunch of folks at OG & CW doing multiple crosses. I myself will pollenate SAGE, SSH, Lifesaver, Arcata Wreck, Jack Herer, and teskanti too name a few. I am most interested in working with DC as well as Rezdogs Williams Wonder BX, once in my hands. Looks like I may play with purple Uerkle as well. PM me and we can talk more, maybe even swap down the line.

ES

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW JIMMY! Nice pics and nice weed.

I still have a damned month before I'll have a handful of that! We've got 3 ECSD in 5 gallon buckets :smile: Gonna be stinky fun!

G

Sleepy.....Thank you, they are starting to look very enjoyable:D

OHenry...Thanks man, enjoy your SD harvest!:wink:

Fredster....Thanks for the kind words.:smile: I thought that the name Flashback was fitting for this cross for 2 reasons....
1. BOG's LSD was the mother, so, LSD.....Acid.....Flashbacks.....that was an easy one:wink:
2. The Mother's Finest/Haze from the Dampkring was one of my favorite smokes I had in A-dam last 420.(and TrichomeFarmer, so thats saying something) The look, smell/taste, high, all reminded me of good "70's weed". I found a seed in the bag I bought, so I brought it home, and crossed it to LSD, Frostbite, and HighLand.:yes:

Elkslayer.....Those crosses sound sweet! :yummy: Do it up!

CC....Thanks bro, I just LOVE stinky fun!! :biglaugh: lol

LG....:wave: Thanks Lou!

dylan....Thanks man:smile:

I have an update tonight........
The Sour Chunks are starting to fill out, and gaining a little more of a stronger, "sour" smell. They were slow to flower at 1st, but now at 5 wks they looking like the name fits well.......Sour Chunks! haha. I like these plants more and more everytime I see them. I have about 15 SC seeds left, which I'll grow out in search of a possible keeper mom. I plan on doing the cross again, but a little different. The current Sour Chunk's I'm growing are a Sour Diesel 2.5 male I crossed to my Deep Chunk mom. My next SC cross will be a DC male, crossed to the ECSD clone. The ECSD has been around for a while.....when I saw Tom Hill's pic's of DC, his info on it, and when he sent me seeds of DC.....I KNEW I wanted to make this hybrid. An old-school Cali afgani/hashplant thats been around for like 20 yrs, crossed to the "newer" rocket-fuel sativa that is Sour Diesel, sounded like a winner to me. Plus.......I imagine that those two combined should make for some great smelling/tasting stuff! :canabis:
The Deep Chunk pheno.......

The Sour D pheno......

The Flashback's are filling out pretty nice too. The mutant pheno has developed a really nice grape/blueberry smell, and looks to have some dense buds forming.

The more sativa pheno is getting frosty, and has a spicy, musty leather smell. I like her. :D Only 1 pic came out good...... :confused: :wink:

G

Damm nice Jimmy! I don't see where you have the time to grow your own crosses. I can't fine the time or space.

G

Thanks Smokey. I find the time and the space when I can. :wink: This is the 1st time I'm growing hybrids that I made. Others have grown out my stuff, but not me until these 4 plants......I couldn't wait any longer with these 2 hybrids! :yummy:

G

Flashback, thats a sweet lookin plant, very nice color. fine corinthian leather:yes:

Sour chunk sounds like a good one as well. like Elk had said DC crosses all over the place, I believe your the first with the Sour Chunk, nice parents, is the DC pheno thumb sized bud or did the bud size get a bump.

CBF

G

Hey there CBF, thanks for stopping by :wave: So far, I'm very happy how my crosses are turning out. The real test will be when they are smoked......I think I'll get a good grade!:D

I got some new pics. :canabis: The FlashBacks and Sour Chunks are at 6 wks of flowering tomorrow. Only 2 pics came out good of the "more sour", SC.

But I got some good one's of the Deep Chunk pheno......this one is starting to look sexy!! :yummy:

G

The FlashBacks
Here is the blueberry/grape smelling FlashBack.......starting to show some blue and purples! :yes::D

My other FB is responding to the lack of ferts very well, getting good and yellow. :smile: How about that frost too! :canabis: :yummy:

I also have some new additions to the flower room that I'll do a thread on in a few weeks......1 Space Queen and 1 Killer Queen, both at 1 week of flowering. And new to the flower room last night.....a Sour Bubble clone I got off a buddy here. :wave: :wink: Pics to come, they're nothing special to look at now................

G

U got it going on Bro. - I am enamored with "Flashback"

Good blessings on all Ur grows & a strong finish

G

Thanks Fredster:D If these prove to be something special, maybe I'll do a backcross and put some up on Seedbay. I'm DEFINITLY re-doing the Sour Chunk in the future, but a male DC x the ECSD.....instead of a male SourD 2.5 x fem Deep Chunk which this current cross is.

Latest posts

Latest posts