What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honey QWISO Forum (lets show them why qwiso is the best)

KonradZuse

1-Look between platform and the case for obstruction(s). This area needs to be open space to allow the platform to move freely.
2-Try new batteries
3-Do a calibration
4-There may be a software setting for AZT (auto-zero width). If your scale allows, set this value for 3. The scale will automatically rezero itself for up to a value of .03 grams.
5-Scrap it

Will do... Deff wont scrap it or buy another one... 30 year warranty ftw :) I just got it like 2 years ago.....

jump /injack

Veteran
A question on Isopropyl

A question on Isopropyl

Isopropyl is usually made from petroleum, but it is still the same chemical formula as simple alkane propyl alcohol, which it is an isomer of. The same atoms are just arranged differently.

Why should it matter where the atoms came from, as they are just atoms of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.

The word rubbing alcohol was coined to cover alcohol used for rubbing, which may or may not be isopropyl. If they use ethanol, it will be denatured with something like Iso or methanol.

99.9% purity is the good stuff and will work fine.

Ask the master and get the answer. Thanks again Gray Wolf

Kushed_

GDP QWISO

GDP QWISO

This is some GDP QWISO. I had the flowers from this tested, and is was 22.29% THC and the CBD was high too. I have made alot of different extracts from this strain. It makes excellent hash!

Attachments

• DSC_0571.jpg
    DSC_0571.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0577.jpg
    DSC_0577.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18

EzExtractions

Alright picked up an oz of what i was told is Sour Diesel. Im not 100% convinced thats what it is, because it doesnt look or smell like any SD i have had before. The smell is that of liquorice . Looked at it under a 60x scope and the Buds are coated in trichs. The appearance is very dark green with dark some times almost purple orange hairs.

Froze 4.1g in the extractor tube along with 8 Fl. oz of 99% ISO for about 30 hours.

Did 8 short washes, 15-30 seconds. The last wash i shook the extractor tube up a bit to get everything out.

The plates had a pretty even amount of oil on them. The oil is pretty dark but so was the bud so oh well.

The return was crazy though got back 0.9g thats 22%!!!

Damn ill take some pics of the bud on my scale and the oil on my scale on the next wash just to prove to the haters im actually getting 22%.

After the plates were scrapped

1000623j.jpg

Combined them all and started to low heat purge.

1000624t.jpg

In the light

1000625us.jpg

Sticky icky icky

1000626e.jpg

Final product

1000628hu.jpg

Peace out peeps!

the ringmasta

This thread is filled with great info. Definitely going to have to put the bubble bags back in storage and start making the QWISO again.

tis a good guide but i would clarify on a few points.

• i would attempt to explain that you are purging before that last 15-20 min griddle step
  • explain that 99% iso is the best to use
    for fast evaporation/purge times
  • also i would refrain against telling people to mix together oil that isnt "purged" yet, as it has never helped me in the past.

i dont touch/scrape my oils till i know they are ready to be consumed.

therefore no solvent is getting "more" trapped into the oil mixture

but after being critical the points you did cover in the video were great, and i truly think it's a mint guide In my opinion

:wave:

no hate just some criticism from one friend to another :D

hempyftw

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Never done qwiso before....

I'll giver ago after this harvest.

Thanks for the pics guys, they convinced me!

Those oil slick pads are cool man!

EzExtractions

Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the kind remarks, and your more than welcome, any other ISO based videos ill be sure to post them here

Never done qwiso before....

I'll giver ago after this harvest.

Thanks for the pics guys, they convinced me!

Those oil slick pads are cool man!

Glad we could convinece you and yes the mats are very cool u can get the pack of them with an oil slick ball for 50$ shipped ebay style

HymroD

Queso thanks for all the help.

Now, I am on like my 10th try. Pretty pleased with the results.

Question on decarbing-

Ok - I am currently freezing plant matter, freezing alcohol, and cooking it off on a plate with double boiler in the well ventilated bathroom.

Do I cook my trim etc in the oven first? Before the freeze?

help me figure out how to apply the decarb if I need too.

Thanks,

Roage:thank you: