What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Homeopathic Cannabis

bikhomes

Nothing does. As a matter of fact, it's strongly suggested that people avoid certain things such as "strong or bitter herbs", "cinnamon", "coffee"...etc. It's recommended that people don't eat or drink anything 30 minutes prior to or 30 minutes after consuming a homeopathic remedy orally. There are MANY things that counteract the effectiveness of homeopathic medicines. There are even SPECIAL toothpastes formulated so that you don't negate the effects.

No, there are SPECIAL toothpastes formulated to dupe idiots into buying more stuff.

Another vote for homeopathy being complete bullshit right here.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
No, there are SPECIAL toothpastes formulated to dupe idiots into buying more stuff.

Sure, because non-homeopathic user don't buy toothpaste. It's not about buying more stuff, it's about buying something different.

I wonder how many of you-morons-who-bring-nothing-to-the-discussion have ever tried homeopathy. Looks like your arguments are more based on BELIEFS than anything else.

Irie !

Sure, because non-homeopathic user don't buy toothpaste. It's not about buying more stuff, it's about buying something different.

I wonder how many of you-morons-who-bring-nothing-to-the-discussion have ever tried homeopathy. Looks like your arguments are more based on BELIEFS than anything else.

Irie !

Where's the evidence to support the dangerous bullshit you're supporting? People like you piss me off. Alternative medicine is alternative because it fails in clinical trials, yet people like you go around telling people it works and can cure all kinds of illnesses. Do you even realise how dangerous it is to spread lies like that? If people substitute conventional medicine for alternative medicine, or swap their children's medicine for this homeopathic rubbish, do you realise what the consequences could be?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
yet people like you go around telling people it works and can cure all kinds of illnesses.

Excuse-me ? Where did I wrote homeopathy can cure all kinds of illnesses ? Please, show me.

If people substitute conventional medicine for alternative medicine, or swap their children's medicine for this homeopathic rubbish, do you realise what the consequences could be?

I haven't claimed anywhere that people should shift their treatments, people are free to choose (well, not allways) the way they want to take care of their health, that's not my problem. But it seems that the way other people than you choose the way they want to take care of themselves is a problem for you. Are you some kind of fascist ?
But since you're asking, indeed the consequences would be a better health for many, and less health expenses (should I say wastings?) for quite a few governments.

You make me think about those French pseudo-experts on tv who laughs with disdain at the MJ medicinal use explosion in the US, saying it's just another reason to get high.

You still bring nothing to the discussion, boooooring !

Irie !

Excuse-me ? Where did I wrote homeopathy can cure all kinds of illnesses ? Please, show me.

I haven't claimed anywhere that people should shift their treatments, people are free to choose (well, not allways) the way they want to take care of their health, that's not my problem. But it seems that the way other people than you choose the way they want to take care of themselves is a problem for you. Are you some kind of fascist ?
But since you're asking, indeed the consequences would be a better health for many, and less health expenses (should I say wastings?) for quite a few governments.

You make me think about those French pseudo-experts on tv who laughs with disdain at the MJ medicinal use explosion in the US, saying it's just another reason to get high.

You still bring nothing to the discussion, boooooring !

Irie !

You're defending this bullshit treatment, saying that the people claiming there is no evidence to say that homeopathy works are adding nothing to the discussion. They are. There is no evidence to suggest that it works. Anyone claiming otherwise needs to provide the evidence and claim their Nobel prize, or shut the hell up. Because promoting medicine that doesn't work is dangerous. Imagine that a member of your family is getting treatment for an illness, and some asshole comes along and says, "Hey. Have you tried homeopathy? It really works! It cured my illness!". So they switch their treatment to homeopathic medicine and end up dead. This kind of thing happens, and it's because of morons like you, who believe this rubbish to actually work, despite evidence to the contrary, and defend this treatment in the face of scientific scrutiny.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
You're defending this bullshit treatment, saying that the people claiming there is no evidence to say that homeopathy works are adding nothing to the discussion.

The discussion is about cannabis homeopathic tincture, not about showing scientific prrofs homeopathy does work or not, so you definitely bring NOTHING to the discussion, and indeed you're only BOOOOOOOOORING !

Irie !

The discussion is about cannabis homeopathic tincture, not about showing scientific prrofs homeopathy does work or not, so you definitely bring NOTHING to the discussion, and indeed you're only BOOOOOOOOORING !

What's so bad about asking for evidence that homeopathy actually works? Or are you only avoiding the burden of presenting us with evidence because you know you there is none? You're full of crap, and you know it.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
What's so bad about asking for evidence that homeopathy actually works? Or are you only avoiding the burden of presenting us with evidence because you know you there is none? You're full of crap, and you know it.

There is evidence to support one side of the argument, but not the other. Evidence has already been presented that shows homeopathy is a joke, but I've only seen a single shred of evidence that says anything positive about homeopathy.

bobdog555555

all u damn pathetic childish arrogant fools, give me "evidence" that shows u are real that is stronger than evidence that shows that homeopathic medicine is real and well talk, arrogance is the downfall of mankind also, its sad if you think that your reality is the reality or that your human experience is what is real.

all u damn pathetic childish arrogant fools, give me "evidence" that shows u are real that is stronger than evidence that shows that homeopathic medicine is real and well talk, arrogance is the downfall of mankind also, its sad if you think that your reality is the reality or that your human experience is what is real.

...What?

Nickog

I believe that the term "Natural", and "Homeopathic" have been used interchangably for many years, where as they are different in every way. If you walked into most health food stores and asked what the difference is, the staff would not know the answer.

I read this thread with interest but there is so much garbage/pseudoscience that I had to reply!
The Royal Family uses only homeopathic medicine.
Well that can be disregarded as an obvious fallacy in logic.
Who cares? They are certainly NO authority on medicine!
In fact, if anything, the royal family have a history of madness hehe! Yet I wouldn't use that fact to try to prop up this weak argument, their use of something in NO WAY makes it good or bad. It is an irrelevant fact.

There's a lot of things in the the brief descriptions I've read that jive with other 'effects' that are ignored in other fields of science. Enough to warrant interest, in my book.
Talking of books, have you actually read any on the many MANY studies on homeopathy? the actual scientific data?
Instead of reading little bits of crap information without any basis in reality, try reading something that really picks through all available data - GOOD AND BAD - and you will arrive at the only sound conclusion: Homeopathy is a fantasy. It does NOTHING, placebo effect not withstanding.
The present chemical alternatives (Rx medications) are known for death and destruction of the human body and mind. Not well known enough, apparently, since people still consume them in mass quantities.
Oh come on! What kind of debating school have you been to my friend?
Irrelevant information just distracts from the facts of the argument! It is not even related to homeopathy, whether people take chemical drugs or not! they take them usually because they work! In most cases they actually work. Right away we have a fact that makes homeopathy look like what it is, water. It doesn't work in the majority of cases. why is that I wonder?
People DO KNOW the dangers of drugs you know. Stop patronising them. They take them and weigh up the balance of bad effects and good. If they are desperate enough then they will even take highly toxic substances like chemotherapy. you telling me they have no clue? You telling me homeopathy would be better suited to them?
Do yourself a favour, stop talking nonsense (without backing your nonsense up)!

Don't be so quick to Poo-poo something you A) Haven't any personal research experience with
OK. I HAVE got a lot of experience of this crap. I was very very ill and stupidly I went to a damned homeopath and ... let's just say they tried everything in their armory.
Not a single thing worked.
If you want to tell me you must believe it or have an open mind, etc. for it to work then that alone tells me it is BS. by the way, I DID have such a mind at the time.
It just DID NOT WORK.
and B) Haven't read enough literature to understand where the writers are coming from.
aaah. It is funny you state how little you have read on the subject yet, here you are saying others should.
Well I have that covered, personally. If you were interested in REALLY finding out the FACTS then I would recommend a few great books but I really don't thnk you would bother to read them.
If you are interested I'll post them for you. I digitised one, the one already mentioned here 'Trick or Treatment' and it is written by a guy who spent many years as a homeopathic practitioner! Now as a scientist who investigates and tests homeopathy as well as many other silly CAM's, I would say he is a great person to listen to on this. He only turned from believing in homeopathy because it presented to him that it just did not work!

That goes for any field of expertise. There was a time you would have been called mad.... if you didn't believe that tying a pregnant woman up for a week during labor was a 'good medical practice'.
Wow. Not that old tactic.
Yes...we used to believe the world was flat.
What the hell has that got to do with homeopathy?
Nothing.
Another distraction from the PRESENT, CURRENT
FACTS.

No offence meant by the way. I just spend LOTS of time researching this and have personal experience too. There is no effect gained from homeopathy apart from placebo.
Do not underestimate or 'poo-poo' the power of a placebo - it is the least understood and sometimes most powerful effect in medicine. That is what needs to be more researched and understood, NOT the silly pseudosciences that seem to have built up around it.
Remember, homeopathy was completely made up in a time when people were very much more susceptible to listen to anyone who seemed to have an authority on their topic of choice.
Yes. Times have changed but in this context, certainly not for the better. Scientific method has brought us so far and now people are intent on spreading half truths (that they never even bother to research even for their own knowledge!) and disinformation about science being some kind of demon or bad thing...vaccines, etc.
Yes times have changed and it worries me.

Mentor

thinking your ailment might go away with this might relieve the stress that made the symtoms worse for some
Some people are so stressed because they cant live a normal life with their diseases
I think for some its just a new hope
for some hope works
for others there is herb
herb can help with hope too
im not dissin homeopathy(i dont know anything to it, it could work)
but I am way sure that the stress relief from something that would work like homeopathy is more than enough to get some peoples health back on track

Hey Mentor, there is absolutely NO SHAME in 'dissing' Homeopathy. It has repeatedly been shown to NOT WORK. It has been repeatedly shown that scientifically, there cannot be even a single atom or molecule of the supposed 'active ingredient' and that it contains nothing more than water.
Therefore, yes I agree that it can definitely be enough to help some people get better but it is entirely placebo effect that is doing it. those people are also likely to find other 'alternative therapies' that would make them better too but it doesn't mean any of them have any actual medical effect.
The placebo is very misunderstood and repeatedly can give great results in this way!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
hmmm, ignorance is flowing at millions of cusecs !

they take them usually because they work! In most cases they actually work.

In most cases ? Then why are so many people dying from illnesses even though taking allopathic medicine supposed to cure them ? Maybe because allopathic medicine most of the time focus on the symptoms, and not the cause of illnesses ?

People DO KNOW the dangers of drugs you know. Stop patronising them. They take them and weigh up the balance of bad effects and good. If they are desperate enough then they will even take highly toxic substances like chemotherapy. you telling me they have no clue? You telling me homeopathy would be better suited to them?

Most don't know actually. They don't read the user notice joined with medicine and rather choose to rely exclusively on the authority incarnated by the white-clothed doctor.
In France there are every year around 140 000 cases of hospiitalization due to chemical medicine, and out of these 10 000 don't make it out of the hospital alive.
yesterday I was watching some broadcast about self-medication. A woman was interviewed for she had overdosed on paracetamol. She had had a fulminating hepatitis and needed a quick liver transplant, the paracetamol having eaten hers. Few people know that paracetamol can kill you, it's so common, easy to buy & use.
Same with ibuprofen or ketoprofen. Few people know that it can make you loose your hairs, nails and even the whole of your skin to fall down (and you don't even need to overdose). Here again it's a very common stuff which millions use when they have headache or some little pain somewhere.

OK. I HAVE got a lot of experience of this crap. I was very very ill and stupidly I went to a damned homeopath and ... let's just say they tried everything in their armory.
Not a single thing worked.
If you want to tell me you must believe it or have an open mind, etc. for it to work then that alone tells me it is BS. by the way, I DID have such a mind at the time.
It just DID NOT WORK.

Well, by reading you, you obviously don't have a lot of experience about homeopathy. Seems that you just gave a try once, for one ailment, and it turned out inconclusive. To try once doesn't make one to have lot of experience.

It has been repeatedly shown that scientifically, there cannot be even a single atom or molecule of the supposed 'active ingredient' and that it contains nothing more than water.

haaaaa, I love that one, when people call for science to legitimize their blatant ignorance about homeopathy.

This stuff about nothing being left and being only water is about high dilutions, like 30D and indeed, the process through which works the thing has yet to be understood.

Except that there not only high dilutions in homeopathy. Some extract are diluted only ONCE, or twice, or thrice. In this case there are loads of active compounds remaining in the solution. the liquid has a light amber color, you can smell the plant extract perfumes and even the taste. It's a plant extract with all the qualitites & properties of the plant and there's no placebo in there.

Or maybe plant extracts are just plain water and work through placebo too...

Irie !

Sorry friend but you are the one here talking UNSUBSTANTIATED CRAP.
Why do you patronise with your response to me mentioning science?
Come on!
Show me some scientific studies then!
show us all the evidence that homeopathy is nothing ore than a tired out old hocus pocus-turned-scam, that has absolutely NOTHING of any medicinal value in it!
Please, be my guest.
Don't tell me I'm the idiot here when you are obviously suckered into mumbo-jumbo ...

You see, you claim that folk like me always say the old dilution stuff well erm...do you want me to look it up or can you do that yourself?
Every homeopathic site, worth it's salt at least in their world, PROUDLY proclaims the dilutions...
If you are now saying 'oh oh that is only part of it and actually there are remedies that don't do it that way' then what you are doing is going AGAINST the whole ideology of the practice.
so which is it?
dilution or not?
It CANNOT be both you see. I actually DO know a LOT about it FYI and I can tell you, most homeopaths would be appalled to hear someone dumbing down the old dilution or succussion part of the process which they hold in very high regard!
As for the process needing to be understood...
WHAT? Are you trying to say that there just might be something in their claim that 'water holds a memory' of the substance that was in it?
As has been said so often already,. but never enough times (it seems): If that were true then every time we had a sip of tap water we would also be getting some homeopathic remedy from when some else had taken some, then their waste gone into the national system and then we drink it fro the tap. Also we would be getting homeopathic doses of faeces, drugs etc ... everything that water has ever been mixed with since the dawn of time.
Do yourself a favour and stop believing such nonsense.
Or, don't attempt to say it's factual and scientifically sound - it's certainly is very far from being that!
If you want to believe then fine, at least accept that that is what you are doing - 'believing' . You are NOT going by fact.
pah...

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Doesn't homeopathy also include living a lifestyle that is proactive against disease, unlike the treat what comes up approach. Holistic and homeopathy often go hand in hand....I think that there is much evidence for that...

Doesn't homoeopathy also include living a lifestyle that is proactive against disease, unlike the treat what comes up approach. Holistic and homoeopathy often go hand in hand....I think that there is much evidence for that...
Please, you are being a bit flippant with your terms here and it's important.
'Holistic and homoeopathy often go hand in hand', ... and?
I can just as easily say that a drink and a smoke often are taken together...what exactly is the point being made?
That they are both good, better together, more effective, healthier, worse,?
You aren't really making a point when you look at what you said.
Every 'Alternative' therapy 'goes hand in hand' with that term they love to use: Holistic.
The word itself isn't bad or wrong but the way it is (ab)used is in my opinion.
Also it's known as a strawman argument you are making.
Why does it have to be either
a) modern medicine/scientifically proven medicine AND an attitude of recklessly ONLY treating the symptoms and not caring about the lifestyle?
Or
b) Using Homoeopathy and treating the whole person, or 'holistically'.
Those two situations aren't absolutes! They aren't that rigid!!
Are you not able to see that people can use modern scientifically proven medicine, AND treat their illness holistically, their lifestyle accordingly?

Let us not forget, or step too far away from the facts here:
homoeopathy has REPEATEDLY been shown, that is: PROVEN to contain absolutely nothing. nothing!
Water or sugar if it is in a pill but anything that can treat you?
Nope.
Also, if we were to forget all the mumbo jumbo of silly science and believe in the powers of the memory of water...
then it STILL has REPEATEDLY been shown to have no effect!
No effect OR any effect is no more than a placebo, which you can get from just drinking water.
Why oh why are people determined to make a truth out of a very obvious untruth?
Beats me but I'm tiring here already.
Think I'll go overdose on homoeopathic arsenic...

Some recommended books for you, if you REALLY want to understand this topic:
Irrationality by Stuart Sutherland.
Bad Science by Ben Goldacre.
Trick or Treatment by Edvard Ernst & Simon Singh
Anyone who wants to know about this should at least take the time to read one of those, especially the last one. (Conspiracies about the autrhors or attempt to discredit them etc will be ignored...stick to the facts if you want debate):blowbubbles: