What's new

Homemade designer extracts - adding terpenoids

ozza

Veteran
So through adding heat or just sniffing there was no difference in the effects?

Joe mixed it with THC? and vaped it? and you just smelt it? and they was no difference in effect of??? Sorry I'm not quite getting you.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So through adding heat or just sniffing there was no difference in the effects?

Joe mixed it with THC? and vaped it? and you just smelt it? and they was no difference in effect of??? Sorry I'm not quite getting you.

Joe mixed it with the shatter we were dabbing and then vaped it, after I did several deep inhales and drew his attention to my anecdotal results.

The result was ostensibly exactly the same, but with two observers, we are of course but inferring so.

My point is, that regardless of where you find the monoterpenes, by themselves or in a mixture, they have individual medicinal properties that may or may not be related to the purpose you are using the cannabis mixture for.

ozza

Veteran
Yeah agree with the last statement. I use many other herbs which have terpenes and effects themselves. I can relate terpenes to effects from other herbs with similiar terpenes. I would think though that added with cannabis or heated/ burnt would cause a completely different or slightly at least effect. With smell triggering effects as you said it seemed to, we could sit around smoking herb with burners of limonene going around so we can also sniff up added effects? Do you think that just smelling the volatile terpenes actually did something? Just asking questions to clarify mate.

whats ocimene? i made a cross and it has quite a bit of this terp in it was curious it also tested at around 1%thcv didnt know if there was any correlation between the two alot of b-myrcene also . what does 18.949 ng/mg equate to for a percentage of terps? tahts what the samples total was ,flower sample

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah agree with the last statement. I use many other herbs which have terpenes and effects themselves. I can relate terpenes to effects from other herbs with similiar terpenes. I would think though that added with cannabis or heated/ burnt would cause a completely different or slightly at least effect. With smell triggering effects as you said it seemed to, we could sit around smoking herb with burners of limonene going around so we can also sniff up added effects? Do you think that just smelling the volatile terpenes actually did something? Just asking questions to clarify mate.

One of the fundamentals of ingesting is the standard paths. Our lungs, orally, dermally, and rectally

It doesn't matter how we get the aromatic hydrocarbon monoterpenes in our lungs, they do what they do, once there.

Heat will decarboxylate some terpenes and degrade others, but not much of the later at the vaporization temperatures we are talking about.

It would be a different story if we were incinerating the material, where the terpenes are not only destroyed, but can be partially burned into something else pernicious.

It is not subtle, so if you doubt my observation, by all means do it yourself and report back.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

HG23

Bumping this up as I see a couple threads about making pens.

I just got off the phone with Max from Extract Consultants and will be giving their terpenes a try as a solvent to achieve proper consistency for my carts.

I'm not super excited about changing the flavor of the extracts I'm starting with because they're pretty good already and I pride myself on that. However, I'm currently using PEG and do not like the fact that there aren't any long term studies about its inhalation by humans.

I will experiment and see if any of the terpenes will get me to the proper consistency but have minimal effect on taste.

A6 Grower

Veteran
hey im also about to do this lol. was just about to order their sample pack or just go all out and order everything in normal sized bottles. Im sure eventually ill use it all.

Chonkski

Me 3, I actually just got my sample pack in the mail. Looking forward to screwing around with a few flavors

Hey guys any new info on this subject?
I bought an ounce of each of 7 terpenes. Buying more as money allows.
Hoping some one has ideas how to add to buds directly or into erl or other safe to make at home extract that can be dabbed.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i have tried a few different diet/ smoking blend additives over the years.

sage (salvia officinalis) was quite marked in its effect, although i dont remember exactly how it felt (years ago). my buddy was highly impressed. eating it on its own, fresh, in high amounts, definitely gives a strange but subtle head feeling that is hard to place.

i particularly find wormwood (artemisia absinthium) to be a wonderful additive; its quite dreamy.

that is for dry herb, but recently i have come to favor thc distillate orally. on its own, its an unremarkable but good, standard thc high, as far as i can discern. but i, say, drink a lavender kombucha, i will feel marvelous. goofy and relaxed, iirc.

eating mangos with it doesnt do a whole lot, but there is a feeling that seems to pull toward deep relaxation and drifting off.

i want to explore more, but i need a tolerance break (distillate syringes are expensive!)

Grow shitty bud and perfume it. Nice.

If you think adding anything to your bud can ever be an improvement.. Real, authentic natural soil grown high brix weed cannot be duplicated, matched or improved on throughartificial adulteration. Keep pretending.