What's new

Homebox Vs Bud box

SaintBebo

Where in China are these made?

Where in China are these made?

RuralRoute420 said:
BTW - the homebox and hydrohut are invented by the same company, in geremany, and manufactured in china, and both sold in US.

What is the company name and do they have a website? I'd be curious to find the China company that manufacturers them.

jcsmooth

Gotta love retail mark-up. Or is that hate?

I believe most clothes are marked up about 50% (just a generalization), but I would have thought that these tents would not have been marked up this much.

The dimensions of the tent from the link make it about on par with the smallest tents from homebox/hydrohut, etc., but I suppose the $40 bulk price isn't too far fetched. Add freight to the country you want it shipped, importation taxes, and then any and all overhead you have for your store...you're up to $100/unit probably. That's not too far fetched.

If the going rate for these is about $180 retail, that's an 80% markup.

Kinda crazy when you whittle it all down and do the math.
I'd still pay $180 instead of making one of these on my own :)

JC

clowntown

Veteran
If you consider the raw material costs from places like China plus the ultra-cheap sweatshop labor, I'll bet they're thinking that they're getting a good deal by selling 'em for $40. :pointlaug

Depending on the market, most clothing is marked up at minimum 100%.

jcsmooth said:
I'd still pay $180 instead of making one of these on my own :)
Me too.

ELMO9191

i bought a bud box used it once it sucks and it does let in light through the zips and the air vents complete waste of money, i built a grow room out of wood and fireproof plaster boards bigger stronger and better and half the price i payed for that no good tent

jcsmooth

I agree you could probably make something more lightproof by building it from scratch yourself. However, in the name of security, having something that doesn't look so out of place helps me to stay afloat (out of jail).

I just received my hydrohut in the mail today. So far so good. I'll be posting my review once everything is up and running in the tent thread.

JC

N

Nostromo

I own the Hydrohut and, til now, I cannot say anything bad about it. It is sturdy, really lightproof, and the ceiling supports the lighting, carbon filter and centrifugal fan without trouble.

James666

Hi guys,
Went for the homebox in the end. It's great!!!! I finished a few white widow in there under a 400w and they ended really well. I've got some chronic and kali mist in there now and have just put them into flower today.
I got rid of the light I had as it was a little heave and opted for the cool tube. Good light but the light spread ain't the best. I also upgraded to 600w. Working really well.

My old set up.

Cheers guys
james

ELMO9191

love that quote james :)
Fat birds are like mopeds.....there both fun to ride until your mates see you with one
lmao very true statement though

darthvapor

the only thing that sucks about them is the zippers. i check my plants daily and after a while the zippers just break.

jcsmooth

What part of the zipper supposedly fails?

I do plan on visiting my grow often, so I can always leave it half unzipped :joint:

JC

nUt_jOb

had a system flood in the homebox and it seeped through both of the catches on the bottom to soak my carpet. Diddnt even think that was possible but yea.. they are not totally water tight. It wasnt pouring out but it definatly leaked at a steady pace.. at least a gallon or three of water.. I would reccomend putting a sheet of 6mil plastic between the two catches.