What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home tent grow

insomniac_AU

Yep it's that time again. :wave:

Every time I do this it reminds me I'm not as young as I once was.

picture.php

insomniac_AU

Thanks for the kind comments guys and Merry Christmas all! :xmastree:
Thought I'd give a quick update of where I'm at. This is the first run of the new strain. It's called Mixed Mutts by Classic Seeds. It's lineage is:
(Superstardog x Chemdog) x (Chemdog x Superskunk)
and... it's a girl! :) I was fairly confident looking at it but being regular seed I couldn't be certain.
picture.php

This plant isn't a proper representation as it's been vegging for months and cut back numerous times to the point it has frankly too many tops. I'm going to flower her out anyway and see what happens. May have to cull a few here and there. I've taken quite a few cuts so I'll be growing lots more of this if it turns out to be good.
Big plant on right is Mixed Mutts. Back left Jean Guy and front left Black Russian. Merry Christmas all!

picture.php

Mixed Mutts

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind comments guys and Merry Christmas all! :xmastree:
Thought I'd give a quick update of where I'm at. This is the first run of the new strain. It's called Mixed Mutts by Classic Seeds. It's lineage is:
(Superstardog x Chemdog) x (Chemdog x Superskunk)
and... it's a girl! :) I was fairly confident looking at it but being regular seed I couldn't be certain.
View Image

This plant isn't a proper representation as it's been vegging for months and cut back numerous times to the point it has frankly too many tops. I'm going to flower her out anyway and see what happens. May have to cull a few here and there. I've taken quite a few cuts so I'll be growing lots more of this if it turns out to be good.
Big plant on right is Mixed Mutts. Back left Jean Guy and front left Black Russian. Merry Christmas all!

View Image

Mixed Mutts

View Image

Best of luck my friend looking good :tiphat:

insomniac_AU

Day 14

Day 14

Mixed Mutts beast mode. This thing has crazy growth rate. It's completely choking out the other 2. I'm just going to let nature take it's course. :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

insomniac_AU

Day 21

Day 21

Gday all!

Fark! is all I can say. This thing is out of control. It's filling at least 2/3 of the tent now. I really hope the stretch is finished. I've already had to employ countermeasures. I don't have any height left. The shade is cable tied directly to the pole at the top with no chain. Looking forward to trying this. :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php

BR struggling for light and losing.

picture.php

insomniac_AU

Gday CV yeah that's the MM that's taking over. It's always difficult when you grow a new strain for the first time in a confined space. I had no idea how it was going to develop. It's all a learning experience this first run. The idea was I had another 10 week strain to grow alongside the JG. First problem with that is my JG clone may not make it. I only took 1 cut when I should have done more. Never mind I have more seeds. The other one is the huge difference in size and growth rates.

I forgot to mention, she's a greedy pig too. I am going through 30-35lts of nutes every 3 days ATM. Normally I would go nearly twice that long on that much. I'd say the MM is drinking the lions share too probably 70% of that because the others are so small in comparison. :tiphat:

Last edited:

insomniac_AU

Has anyone tried supercropping in flower before? I was thinking of maybe bending a few branches. Problem with that is there are so many in there they will shade others. Might have to just cut a couple in the middle. :thinking:

soil margin

Veteran
Yeah sure. One thing I like to make sure you do is is to lower your lights to account for the further distance when you bend the highest tops, otherwise you can lower your light intensity pretty significantly without even thinking about it. My favorite style is to try and make one even level canopy and get as many tops at the same height as possible which is usually pretty low down on the plant. Anything that's shaded or too low to reach the canopy I'll just cut off.

insomniac_AU

Yeah sure. One thing I like to make sure you do is is to lower your lights to account for the further distance when you bend the highest tops, otherwise you can lower your light intensity pretty significantly without even thinking about it. My favorite style is to try and make one even level canopy and get as many tops at the same height as possible which is usually pretty low down on the plant. Anything that's shaded or too low to reach the canopy I'll just cut off.
Hi SM
Thanks that's what I thought. Normally I'm more organised than this and I know how big my plants will get and I can usually get a pretty even canopy even with multiple strains. Believe it or not all 3 plants were close to the same height when they went in. I just miscalculated how much it would grow. I'll make adjustments next time.
I ended up bending one branch over right under the light just before. I might see what happens with that over the next few days. I can't do too many it's so tight in there. It won't hurt if I have to remove a couple of branches. It's going to be a compromise whatever I do this time. :tiphat:

insomniac_AU

Day 28

Day 28

Hi everyone
They've had a bit of a tough week. I gave the MM a trim this week and bent over at least half a dozen tops to try and get some clearance from the light and I've been battling really hot weather lately which has slowed growth a bit. The good news is my JG clone is going to pull through. I'd already taken another cut I was going to reveg but glad I don't have to do that now.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

insomniac_AU

That first picture is really cool. I like it when people show what the bottom of a SCROGed out plant looks like :good:
Thanks mate I'll try and take a few more from time to time. :)
How many times have you topped your JG? At what weak of veg do you introduce the screen?

Gday CV
The under photo is of the Mixed Mutts that one was topped numerous times because it wasn't quite big enough for me to take cuttings before last cycle so it sat in the veg chamber for the whole last flower cycle. The poor JG is at the back left and has been squashed into the corner by the MM. Front left is BR.
All my plants get at least one topping though because I generally take the main top as my best cutting. The screen goes in at flip. I train the growth under it as much as I can for the first week or 2. This time was never going to work for an even canopy because the MM was so much bigger, more mature and as I've found out gets much bigger after flip. I'll have to take that into account next time. I'm always learning. :tiphat: