What's new

Home grown tobacco UK

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Tobacco is a holy and beautiful plant just like Ganjah.. Every seasoned smoker should at least once in their lives enjoy a fully cured blunt made with their home-grown tobacco leaf, home-grown sticky bud and stuck together with home-made BHO instead of vegetable gum.. Ahh the finer things in life :) I also collect tobacco seed along with most other seed. I don't really make an effort to grow it,

that sounds delicious maryjane!

just needs one thing adding,, home grown hash! :rasta:

then its the ultimate :smoke out:

the big tobacco corporations wash their tobacco of nicotine and then spray it back on at the end so they can say their cigs have ex amount of nicotine in them,, and nicotine is the main cause of heart disease and sclerosis of blood vessels in bacci so it could be argued they are spraying poison onto their product..

sso

Veteran
it takes a long time to cure tobacco in the same way as cannabis.

i have some year old thats still harsh.

you guys might want to build a kiln (just google homemade tobacco kiln.)

izzybud

farm hero would be good to ask. hes cured some virginia light/gold wraps for rolling. said it takes a few months. not sure the actual process. his page was closed so im sure this one wont be long to follow unfortunately.

glad to see this is still up for now.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Thanks for the missing piece SSO ;)
A kiln! aha, love ur work! More things to add the the list to build... My golden virginia is coming up in the cracks in the paving at home again, last year we had one at the front door, Green and 6ft tall growing from a paving crack with no soil, so happy that we called him 'Terence the tobacco'.
I've saved seed from past virginia crops, maybe half a million or so hahahaha they are really tiny! If anyone wants I can send them to clarence for giving away to server fund donors and other interested parties? Its the variety for big blunts :)

izzybud

i doubt that would work. although im very interestd maryjane. sounds like a winner, cant wait to get some myself.

babbabud SUGGESTED i go to a different site. a "homegrown tobacco" site. i graciously declined. so im sure this will be closed if it gets around to being seen. sad shit. VERY SAD!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the interest in a hopefully not doomed thread , would be a shame as they are starting to look good.

Flowers start off looking like they will be yellow for sure , the changeing pastel shades and structure makes a change from canna , and the smells are just as intoxicateing.

Tried to infect one deliberately with mites , they have not touched them by choice despite being in contact with other species that have them , under a loupe they are stuck fast to the surface of tiny adhesive hairs , plants are becoming a potential graveyard of unwary aphids.

Ants are thankfully able to walk all over them without hindrance , and are doing a good clean up so far.

picture.php

Looks like a tiny green heart in there , going to cross the two for the hell of it so better look up the mechanics of Nicotiana sex.

picture.php

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Beautiful pics! It is a pretty girl, tobacco ey.. :)

The ants will only last so long, that plant gets so sticky as it flowers, the leaves get huge resinous trichomes that catch everything. I use them as insect screens in my garden, nothing makes it past the tobacco. The flowers make HUGE amount of seed so you must just be vigilant in pulling out seedlings next season so they don't take over. They tend to not let other plants grow around them, to a degree..

MildeStoner

Veteran
Awesome flower shots, really is a surprisingly beautiful plant hey. Don't smoke any tobacco myself, but have a few going atm never the less, will post a pic or two if the thread hangs around for a while.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The old optics give a soft matte pastel effect , works well on some subjects .

These blunts the local lads make such a show of are a bit of a con , assumed it was real tobacco leaf but its actually just a paper type product.

Steaming and rolling a partially dried oblong of leaf around a chopstick former , sticks to itself with three overlaps for stability , turn a pale khaki colour in a few days and hold their shape , not too bad with sweet bud and will be better with older airdried leaves.

picture.php

Have an ounce of dried alpine strawberries , an alcohol extract might make a good flavouring , really intense.

the leaves get huge resinous trichomes that catch everything

Saved several large moths who seem to like the smell , will have them around the outdoor toms next year to scare the greenfly.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
this is such a cool thread i wont smoke tobacco anymore i gave up but definately a facinating plant!