What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy Grail 1.x an introduction

T

TREE KING

verite, i cant wait untill you grow those new mikado seeds out. im dying to see if there the same as the old ones. are you going to post the grow on the forums? i was about to make a bulk order of the mikado but i dont want to unless there as good as the old ones.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the reply Verite - upon rubbing the resin of these, only one seems to show any spicy-menthol hints - the two are raspberry and sweet grapefruit (approximately!). Just for your interest, one of my other plants hermied briefly, and managed to spurt out a little before I got it - consequently there's a few seeds visible on each Mikado, and they definitely don't look that small, though not huge either - I would say 'average' size. So maybe these are f2s from the more recent batches.

I'm thinking I maybe should try some Holy Grail actually and see how the compare. I was going to hit the best one of these with some pollen next time - maybe Flo or Goldfinger to see what happens.

G

Verite said:
As the progress continues we find the ladies around day 18 into flower out of an expected 55-60 days on plants around 32-36" tall so far with a wee bit of height left to go.

Hey Verite, could you answer a question?

You estimate a 55-60 day flowering time. Some people exclude a pre-flowering time from their flowering time calculation.
Around 55-60 days from the start of 12/12?

Out of my 4 Holy Grails I had 3 males. Not a worry really, the 4th is looking very nice (and feminine) and growing quickly...

Here she is at 16 days into 12/12....

HG_1.jpg

I'll grab some better pics in the coming days :wave:

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Yep, its always from the start of 12/12. Shes looking nice. If you think she smells nice now wait until shes a few more weeks in.

Turducken

Verite I am greatly envious of this plant! Could you please tell me when if you know the next batch of beans will be up on the bay? I just don't want to miss it.

The Vermonster

Turducken said:
Verite I am greatly envious of this plant! Could you please tell me when if you know the next batch of beans will be up on the bay? I just don't want to miss it.

Me too V~....im getting sick of cuts and would love to start a seed collection.......

Verite

Veteran
Sorry about that guys, I really thought by now they would have had my section setup. Ive seen sections go up for HTC and CH9 since the time I presented my info so all I can imagine is I must be next in the queue while they are on vacation. I will get some items up in the private section in the meantime. Thanks.

The Vermonster

Im in!!!!!!

V i just checked at the bay under the Private Breeders and dont see them.......im very interested in this strain so if you have time could you PM me w/ the link.....i must be doing something wrong..........

Last edited:

Verite

Veteran
I would like to be the first to give you a heads up but the process doesnt quite work like that. I place the auction then it sits in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved it goes to auction and shows up for bidding. That process can take anywhere from same day to three days later. I usually dont know I have auctions up until I check my e-mail and I have a reply someone has bought a pack. I dont check my e-mails everyday either.

Best I can suggest is to setup the seedbay auto alert feature to send you an e-mail when an auction pops up with your search terms. I dont have a clue as to how it works so Im the last one you should ask on that subject, I even searched the forums here and couldnt find anything either.

All I can tell you is I placed the auctions today, hopefully they will list early this morning. [7/11]

D

Darkstarlive

I just snagged a pack of Holy Grail and I can't wait to get'em going, I've always want to try the original Mikado and even in a cross with such a legend as C99 I'm stoked.
Thanks.
Peace...

Verite

Veteran
Verite said:
Supacool NC.

E-man, the Mikado I used was the original stuff from 2000-2001[ lots of piney and menthol smelling plants with some of the smallest seeds Ive ever seen.] From everything else I have read the current Mikado is different, some say due to the split between Federation and Next Generation. I have a pack of their newer seeds but just havent had a chance to run them yet but Ive looked at the seeds and they look to be about 2-3 times bigger than my originals. In my experience seeds should be one of the more uniform aspects of any long time stable strain.

Well I thought I would also post a pic of what Im talking about. The seeds on the left are the first cross [ winter 2001 ] I did of the original Mikado seeds which turned out much like the seeds I first got that same year. Incredibly small but surprisingly viable. I ran a batch of these same seeds recently thinking they were going to be at least 40-50% duds and was amazed they sprouted 38 of 40.

The seeds on the right are the new pack of Mikado seeds I just got this year.

Verite

Veteran
Darkstarlive said:
I just snagged a pack of Holy Grail and I can't wait to get'em going, I've always want to try the original Mikado and even in a cross with such a legend as C99 I'm stoked.
Thanks.
Peace...

You early bird you .. sorry bout that to the rest. If I knew they were going to go in two hours I would have posted more. I did list more than twice the auctions today so they should be up in a couple days. Thanks.

The Vermonster

Thanks V~................just got 2 packs!!!!!!!! Get em while you can guys......there are a couple more up there plus the orange diesel too!!!!!!

Verite

Veteran
Its not as heavy as the OD but its no slouch. I would say avg to above avg indoors and if you till the soil deep outdoors I would expect some pretty heavy yields from the resulting trees.

D

Darkstarlive

Verite,
Did you ever think of doing F2's of the original Mikado?? Hint, Hint..lol

Peace...

Verite

Veteran
Darkstarlive said:
Verite,
Did you ever think of doing F2's of the original Mikado?? Hint, Hint..lol

Peace...

Lots of stuff 'crosses' my mind but that would seem like taking advantage of somone elses misfortune. Bummer that the split between Federation and Next Generation seemed to have lost the original stuff but I wouldnt feel right selling f2's of Mikado when they still sell it too. I know I wouldnt like it if they did f2's of Holy Grail and sold them .. I'll give them the same respect.

In the good spirit of correcting their misfortune I would be willing to send Fed or NG a few packs of my original Mikado f2's. Im going to try the new pack I have before determining how much its different.

Latest posts

Latest posts