What's new

Hollywood Pure Kush (PK)

8Ven1om8

Yes Cory that is the description my friend who runs the 91HPK claims, he swears its the strongest shit he's ever smoked, and this is coming from a guy who runs only the very best, I'm talking triangle kush, loompas headband, etc etc. supposedly it hits harder than most dabs, I will try it sometime soon.

Rolando Mota

The pure kush I used to have was a viney og type small nug plant but lime instead of lemon, super potent. Lost the cut but at least I made one batch of seeds a couple of years ago, crossed it to a nice ogXchemD cut I reversed.
Here's one I have going from seed, day 68. More like the kush pheno with lots of funk.

picture.php

:joint:

Last edited:

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
I grew the OG type Pure Kush cut indoors for a couple seasons . It was a tall lanky floppy stemmed gal that needed lots of support to hold up those beautiful golf ball nugs . Pure kush was my absolute favorite plant i grew during my 10 years as a medical grower in oregon . I lost her in a cloning fail ... she could be difficult to root , lower than average clone success rates in my old school humidity dome and longer than average rooting times . everything else in the dome made it .. I had passed it to a buddy prior to that .. sadly he had lost it aswell .. She still stands out as the one that got away .. And i have been looking to get my hands on a true og kush type plant ever since .

If i am ever so lucky as to aquire this type of plant again .. I will be very carefully keeping a mother backed up

8Ven1om8

I think by now it should be standard knowledge that thc % alone don't mean squat... its like saying a certain food contains 30% protein by weight, so its healthy for you and will make you gain lean mass. Cool, whats the other 70%? Straight up fat? Processed chemicals? You catch my drift.

One of the most exciting areas being explored in depth right now in this industry is how terpenes have antagonistic/synergistic effects on THC/CBD/CBN and cannabinoids in general. It is obviously quite complex, as is anything that relates to how something is metabolizes by a breathing body.

I do not believe there will ever be a day that it will be written in stone: "18% thc, 0.1% CBD, 1% pinene 2% limolene will equate to a couch lock affect", we simply can't even say shit like that about simple foods we eat, heck science cannot even agree on the exact MOA (mechanism of action) of tylenol (acetaminophen).

But soon, a lot of people will drop using terms like sativa/indica for describing a strain, when I hear that from a veteran grower/smoker, man does it piss me off. If by now you don't know that 99.99% of strains are hybrids of some sort and not indigenous to a any land nor 100% sativa or indica, then dunno what to say.

sorry for the rant peeps... 30years you are correct, that shit is a devastating high, and I ain't hyping cuz I got the cut, cuz i don't =).

highsteppa

Veteran
It's a great clone, very potent but also very feel good ime.

30 yrs, do you have any experience growing s1 seed of the PK?

DesertDog

Is the hpk that og kush that would have been in LA clubs around ‘06? I was still in high school, visiting a friend in Venice beach and she bought a gram of og kush for me at a club. That empty canister stank for a solid 5 years of the sweetest kushiest kush and to this day lives on in my memory as the best weed I’ve ever smoked. No og or kush has ever compared. Please someone tell me this kush is still around!

johnnyla

Veteran
Is the hpk that og kush that would have been in LA clubs around ‘06? I was still in high school, visiting a friend in Venice beach and she bought a gram of og kush for me at a club. That empty canister stank for a solid 5 years of the sweetest kushiest kush and to this day lives on in my memory as the best weed I’ve ever smoked. No og or kush has ever compared. Please someone tell me this kush is still around!
Quite possible. That was the heyday.

DesertDog

Quite possible. That was the heyday.
Hopefully this thread comes back to life and someone who’s holding can chime in. Have you smoked HPK or Topanga? I’m about to run Topanga x ogtkm10 by Crickets and Cicada in hopes of finding something reminiscent but I’m kinda shooting in the dark here.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Is the hpk that og kush that would have been in LA clubs around ‘06?
No, never saw it in dispos during prop 215 days, La was full of the original OGK, it might have been in a couple clubs but back when the jars were just labeled OG Kush in LA they were filled with the original.

the HPK is circulating again, I lost it during covid but it's back again. HPK doesn't smell much like the original and the effects are more suited for daytime IMO. I like HPK, TK, SFV, and 92 in the morning

from 2020 season
HPK full 9.24.20.JPG

HPK 9.30.20.JPG

HPK frosty 9.24.20.JPG

JetLife175

Veteran
Here we go.

Hollywood PK aka Topanga OG aka PK ripper.

It's a s1 of the original Josh D cut.

The seed was popped around 99-01 in the Hollywood hills. It's a sport pheno of the OG line. There's not much else to say about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts