What's new

Hole size for OD grow

ghost of sage

I understand what you are saying nomaad of course if you are going in now because most plants are already starting to flower,yes you won't need as much dirt but I was assuming that we were talking about a full season not coming in on the end.Man I only wish I could grow like you do in your backyard,I am quite certain i could get some of those monsters cause pulling 2 pounds off of a plant in the bush with no drip system or irrigation only mother nature watering them is a feat in itself.I have learned that the fruit is definately worth every penny the grower wants for it because it is the hardest job I have ever done.If I could grow in smart pots in my backyard of course i wouldn't put a clone in 300 gallons of soil in august,unless it was already there but if not i would just throw that baby in a 1o or 15 gallon pot as that will be more than enuff room to do all that plant is gonna do before it is ripe anyhow.Man nomaad how bout sending me a few of those seeds or a clone from that monster in the planter and let me see what i can get it to do on teh other side of the river and through the briar patch!

ghost of sage

YES

YES

this was the only point i was trying to make.

At this point in the season of course that is perfect.Throw about 3 of those aqua globes in it and water it in good to start with it will probably make before you have to water it again unless it is a haze or dominant sativa.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I know this is an old thread but:

I live at the 36N latitude, a few hours from the Mississippi River.
I have found that holes 3 feet or 3 1/2 feet in diameter and 16 to 18 inches deep will grow plants from around 1 lb to just about 2 lbs. (my biggest was 33 oz.)

These sizes holes are about 60 to 80 gallons each..
I build up the native soil by adding my compost and other organic material..