What's new

Hold out ? Or call it a good run ? What the plan for Icmag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankwolf

I am hanging in there and will continue too . The day insta gram has took over is just sad . How do we help !!!?
or should I just give up on icmag?

H G Griffin

IG and other social media crap attracts a lot of the kids and the hustlers and the scammers. As a result, our archaic old forums may have less traffic, but are still vital sources of information and fellowship and, IMO, are as valuable as ever..

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
IG and other social media crap attracts a lot of the kids and the hustlers and the scammers. As a result, our archaic old forums may have less traffic, but are still vital sources of information and fellowship and, IMO, are as valuable as ever..

Totally agree with this. :good:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I was just looking at the forum change dates. It's past the long haul estimate now, and I have not heard any beta testing talk.

I don't want to see what IG is. I have heard enough. I'm starting to need another plan though. I'm fully invested here, and need some hedging as the software throttles our number further. Truth is.. all the other forums I have seen are crap. Except one very busy one, who limit page views to get your details. Which I don't like.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just looking at the forum change dates. It's past the long haul estimate now, and I have not heard any beta testing talk.
Is there still a plan to improve IC after the change earlier this year? ive not been following as i find it too depressing, there was talk of moving to new software a few weeks/months ago but i haven't seen any changes.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
......... and in addition the sharks can smell blood in the water, they have arrived and they're circling around. :shark:

BobChronic6505

I think there is better information here. Ppl here arent looking for clout and phony internet points. Ppl here actually know how to grow and most of them have been here long mf time. Most importantly, ppl here have been very helpful to me, more so than reddit or other new age social media bs. I left those platforms to come here!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...... was wondering if donations or a possible fundraiser would help to move the software migration forward, it's certainly more palatable than the alternative. :shucks:

I'd hate to wake up one day and see a unique and valuable resource such as IC just disappear.

Mithridate

IG eh? From what Ive seen from it, its far from a forum. No threads or journals .. more of a digital slide projector than anything. You can comment on individual pictures but, looking at comments from various places 90% are " Yo ShItZ FiYa !!!" Followed by "10 fire emoji", pretty depressing if you ask me, lol.
Also most people on there have a phd in photoshop:biglaugh: (doctored photos, get it lol)
I guess it can be a nice tool to advertise... w/e

​​I love this place and its members, plus the wealth of information on here is amazing!

I just hope the new new icmag wows us;)

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
............​​I love this place and its members, plus the wealth of information on here is amazing!

.......... forget the social aspect, It's the preservation of the body of knowledge that you won't find anywhere else, If ICMag were to go down it would be the equivalent of the Library at Alexandria burning to the ground!

I'd be happy to part with the bucks, in fact, I PLEDGE $500 RIGHT NOW!

Let's go! :groupwave:

negative37dBA

Veteran
I really like it here but the lack of traffic is sure a bummer for me. Getting like 6 or 7 people to comment on 2 back to back detailed grow journals is really sad. I will be taking a break from doing any detailed grow logs and such. Pop in now and again to see if anything interesting has popped up, which lately for me it has not. As far as money, you would have no idea where it went or how it was spent.....just saying. People do weird things with money.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I think it is up to the Grand Poobah to give us some direction and his intentions before we just throw money.

H G Griffin

I really like it here but the lack of traffic is sure a bummer for me. Getting like 6 or 7 people to comment on 2 back to back detailed grow journals is really sad. I will be taking a break from doing any detailed grow logs and such. Pop in now and again to see if anything interesting has popped up, which lately for me it has not. As far as money, you would have no idea where it went or how it was spent.....just saying. People do weird things with money.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

Unless it's a "hype" strain, nobody seems to care about journals. Experienced growers are mostly settled into their growing style so not looking for tips/secrets, and most inexperienced ones are not yet capable of appreciating what they see.

I stopped doing online journals a while back. I have my own notes and photos for personal reference and it seemed like nobody else gave a damn. :) I have no ill will, I rarely read the journals of others myself. ✌

B.T. Herb

i've came across tons of trouble before deciding getting back to IC,that i'v considered for a certain amount of time my OG fella second home.
seems time has change almost everything.
many have grew up:biggrin: others are gone.
some... died
then... as Giggle says
:shark:
fxxk dem.. never die:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.