What's new

HMK Rosin Press Tutorial

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Oh man this got painful real quick lemme tell ya. I squished out 10 grams last night of A5 haze bx1. Need a shop press for the next harvest for sure.

Let's start with the filter which I like to use 25u for buds.
picture.php

Get your nugs broken into pieces no bigger then a dime but no need to bread apart past that point.
picture.php

Now pretend like your starting to roll a joint an press together. Clean off your fingers one by one maintaining a squeeze on the filter.
picture.php

I smash down into a rectangle shape as flat as possible, then wrap the filter over like so.
picture.php

Fold over end like so keeping tight.
picture.php

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Fold over other flap to look like this.
picture.php

Keep tight an slip into the parchment like so holding in place.
picture.php

Press for your desired time an temp.
picture.php

Repeat on other side an that's it.
picture.php

LouDog420

Work smarter, not harder... Sounds like you're on the right track with the little lady's present ;)

Do ya mind a pic from the squish sesh?? Your little technique here, just without taking apart the heat source... Just clamp right around the straightener...

Had a little issue with coffee filter bag, soaks up too much of the good stuff... I had the most success squishin' straight, no filter. Lovely toke, just need to make it yield, although no doubt better than before when I tried... 300 lb press... Straightener set at 310F (lowest it goes)... Squishing for ~8 seconds/run, with two runs per nuglet...

Flower was stickier, I did squish some dry sift which came out much more shatter like in consistency... Just one more thing to play with now!

Good vibes

picture.php

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This is amazing. For $40 it will be a nice place to start.
A lot cheaper than butane, tube an a vac oven for sure lol. An no solvents used is the biggest plus in my book.

My pads on the Irwin are melting away lil by lil so I need to rig up something else, an real soon cause I'm hooked :biggrin:

Sooooooo much cleaner then smoking I swear. Low temp dabs for the win

:dance013:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Recent Dabbles

Recent Dabbles

This lil press I am proud of right here. Finally got that color I've been trying to hit. And the consistency is almost of "Clear" concentrate but holding so much terps its insane.

picture.php

Charity squish an bake off
picture.php

Random dabbage
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:jawdrop: DAMN
A_S you have been busy, looking proper 100%
what's the tastiest strain you have tasted yet via the squish?

Vape-pro

what did you do differently to get the color and consistency of the sample at the top of post 32 ? Thanks for sharing your rosin experiences . I will try to replicate soon .

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
what did you do differently to get the color and consistency of the sample at the top of post 32 ? Thanks for sharing your rosin experiences . I will try to replicate soon .

Every strain reacts different but with this strain I hit it around 170-180 for 5 seconds each press cooling between each press. :tiphat: Good luck on your squish, feel free to report back here with pics if ya like.

I want this thread for anyone wanting to learn this tech an make their lives a lil safer from home extraction. ANYONE is free to post up their runs an ALWAYS feel free to ask anything. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
squished up more cookies kief
6g gave me 2.2 rosin not to shabby
picture.php

notice the lighter corner. faster squish time on a couple squeezes. kept it to the side for me to compare color wise.

some shatter from the same material used for the rosin
picture.php

ill be dabbing ova here later bro

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
squished up more cookies kief
6g gave me 2.2 rosin not to shabby
View Image

notice the lighter corner. faster squish time on a couple squeezes. kept it to the side for me to compare color wise.

some shatter from the same material used for the rosin
View Image

ill be dabbing ova here later bro

Eeeesh I need a fat dab right about now, Faster lower temp will pull some killer color for sure. I need to break mine out soon but life has been happening to often it seems.

Shatter looks redankulous!!:tiphat: