What's new

History of Cannabis and Its Preparations in Saga, Science, and Sobriquet

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://dcsafeaccess.org/wp-content/...istory-of-Cannabis-Chem-Biodiversity-2007.pdf

[FONT=AdvPS_TTI][FONT=AdvPS_TTI]
Cannabis sativa
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=AdvPS_TTR][FONT=AdvPS_TTR]L. is possibly one of the oldest plants cultivated by man, but has remained a source of
controversy throughout its history.Whether pariah or panacea, this most versatile botanical has provided
a mirror to medicine and has pointed the way in the last two decades toward a host of medical challenges
from analgesia to weight loss through the discovery of its myriad biochemical attributes and the
endocannabinoid system wherein many of its components operate.
This study surveys the history of cannabis, its genetics and preparations. A review of cannabis usage
in Ancient Egypt will serve as an archetype, while examining first mentions from various Old World
cultures and their pertinence for contemporary scientific investigation. Cannabis historians of the past
have provided promising clues to potential treatments for a wide array of currently puzzling medical
syndromes including chronic pain, spasticity, cancer, seizure disorders, nausea, anorexia, and infectious
disease that remain challenges for 21st century medicine. Information gleaned from the history of
cannabis administration in its various forms may provide useful points of departure for research into
novel delivery techniques and standardization of cannabis-based medicines that will allow their

prescription for treatment of these intractable medical conditions.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
That was interesting. Learned things I did not know, things a few years ago I would not have understood. Things I'm still not sure about.
The older strains of medicinal without any THC whatsoever are intriguing, partly as the strains seem to have died out and are only now being bred back to stable crops.

Thanks