What's new

hippys flower palace. (2x2's)

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
its 90% done. i was going to get a 4x8 HH but i need more room then that. this is 5x12.

(yea thats poly over the window) is that bad? suspicouse? (sp?)
i thought it was better then a blue moving blanket.

mylar fantasy.

pile of ffof bags.
im putting a door on it.

lock got a few inches of poly stapled down. hehe.

door stop

ive got to get some more wood, i thought 8 of the 8' 2x2's would bem more then enough, ive got plenty of 2x2 scraps about... made good filler.
should have pics tommorow.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
DH, do you paint or varnish your wood ? I found it stops moulds getting any hold in there so always dash around with the brush.

Extreme personal stupidity taught me that plants do not like the fumes BTW....in case it is not bleedin' obvious to everybody else... :redface:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
ChaosCatalunya said:
DH, do you paint or varnish your wood ? I found it stops moulds getting any hold in there so always dash around with the brush.

Extreme personal stupidity taught me that plants do not like the fumes BTW....in case it is not bleedin' obvious to everybody else... :redface:

i was hoping to avoid that, i dotn ewant to drip on the carpet more then anything, and thats alot of prep work.

as much of a waste as this sound but i was hoping to 'upgrade' this into a 4x8 HH erm, 2 rather for a 3k flip flop in the huts....

i think i might hit up some of the inside timers with a can of krylon before i get some plants going. im not a fan of mold. especialy after my last crop with PM...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
DIGITALHIPPY said:
i was hoping to avoid that, i dotn ewant to drip on the carpet more then anything, and thats alot of prep work.

as much of a waste as this sound but i was hoping to 'upgrade' this into a 4x8 HH erm, 2 rather for a 3k flip flop in the huts....

i think i might hit up some of the inside timers with a can of krylon before i get some plants going. im not a fan of mold. especialy after my last crop with PM...

LOL, yes, I saw the carpet .... I have ruined too many of them, ceilings etc with my "adventures" in NFT I would probably have been better off buying shares in Carpet manufacturers...... now I just make a "swimming pool" of builders Visqueen membrane [super tough plastic sheeting for concreting foundations] just in case....

Never seen Krylon before, that looks like really nice gear to work with.

DIGITALHIPPY said:

When growing in a bedroom or other room with windows, I like to hang dark curtains first then panda...that way from the outside it just looks like a bedroom with curtains...nothing unusual there
:rasta:

albert

GroworDie

Looks rewarding and very similar to what I hope to do in the *hopefully* near future.

Moving to another place soon and I'm doing the tour to find a perfect spot to let me roots grow, so to speak...

Can't wait to see this baby full of goodness. Great work!

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
GroworDie said:
Looks rewarding and very similar to what I hope to do in the *hopefully* near future.

Moving to another place soon and I'm doing the tour to find a perfect spot to let me roots grow, so to speak...

Can't wait to see this baby full of goodness. Great work!
your wish is my command!

i wraped the 10' wide poly up the sides to the bottom of the mylar to act like a 'TUB' to hold in any leeks if any.

i was going to take pics of it without plants but my battery was dead.
seams to be working out great, ive got 19 in here now and another 3 to come so 22...? just need to buy soil. ive got one more im holding, it might be girl but its probably a boy.
22/30 girls. nice ratio

G

:headbange

Very nice & clean, DH!

Albert Hofmann said:
DIGITALHIPPY said:

When growing in a bedroom or other room with windows, I like to hang dark curtains first then panda...that way from the outside it just looks like a bedroom with curtains...nothing unusual there
:rasta:
albert

I do similar.
:joint:

DH,
Do your 5 gal buckets have drain holes?
Do you use drain pans of any sort?

:wave:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'd be tempted to build a shallow window box with a timed light so the neighbors see lights going on and off. No light, movement or opening could draw attention over time.

Nice work.

FreezerBoy said:
I'd be tempted to build a shallow window box with a timed light so the neighbors see lights going on and off. No light, movement or opening could draw attention over time.

Nice work.

Yeah.. that would be my biggest concern for sure. Hang dark drapes in front of the poly at least.

.. Or you could just put some drywall up on the outside of the grow room. Paint it, and throw some pictures up on the walls.

Last edited:
What up Digi!

Looking good... hope all is well! Im doing better here and the garden is doing well.... The OG's are the bomb, nuff' said yo!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
lol whats up ya lazy bastid :D FFOF? what the fuck kind of hippie are u anyway? do digital hppys not know how to mix dank soil themselves? :confused: kidding of course. that shits a waste of money tho imhfo! :) www.planetnatural.com has some pricy but quality stealthy shipped wide range of dry ammendments + get cheap soiless mix n shit locally , perlite too, hydro store has it cheap enough. always get chunky. i do at least.
then an order to wiggle worm soil builder ( vermicomposting.com or osomething. google 'unco industries' its the best quality on earth and cheapest with bulk discounts and FRE stealth delivery.
grab that bulk order of castings and yer set boss. if u are gonna splurge buy some hydroton or reuse old stuff and some coir and mix that in also. i use promix castings coir chunky perlite n dry ammendments. sometimes other shit if its on hand but not too often. local lightweight horse compost i like..(pasteurize for indoor use, please) and the 1 Foxfarm product i use religiously and love is never left out Peace Of Mind[/i] dry food with beneficial microorganisms/mycorrhizzae + humic n fulvic acids. they make many varieties. i use bulb food or fruit n flower. 11 bucks a box. fuclem. works amazing! like nite n day. you will see the difference it makes after 1 use,

or just be a lazy prick n buy that ffof shit and perlite(lol buying perlite anyway....that sucks, for the price of ocean forest or the light warrior they should include ample aggregate the bastids. maybe they plan on selling perlte in the future lol thatd be a nice profit margin scam for em...or maybe the treehugging society will eventualy buy enough 'organic' omri certified BULLSHIT that FF can buyout hydrofarm and sell perlite like nobodies business (and everything else in the industry)

woot! drugs! :)

edit: grow looks great nonetheless. pretty pimp job here man. keep the strongarm heavy (keep up the good dank work) and keep learning. and get yer nails dirty by mixin yer own soil if ya know whats good for ya (n yer babies)

lovely grow, and cant wait to see the trichs glistenin in here soon dude.

shake it ez

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
FreezerBoy said:

Nice work.
bullshit.
panda or better over the windows sealed well and yer fine man. (whiteside IN, stoners ;) :rasta:)

rooms in houses are often unlit and/or never turned on (lights) b/c theyre bein used for storage, or hey maybe some weirdo lives in there that only comes out at night, who has the windows covered/shaded/curtained up all the time anyway. perhaps he's a drug addict n doesnt get along with mr. sun? perhaps i live there? :confused:

:bongsmi:
if longterm then i can see expending the time energy and money on such shit. if not, try it out and lets see how it comes out! i bet itd be cool as shit!!!! but he's too lazy to mix his own soil u think he's gonna design a james bond-esque window display mock-up like a display at IKEA or somethin? lol kinda unrealistic my man ;) good concept tho. not one thats not crossed my mind once or twice, before i even started realize what growing WELL entails, before even having the extra said will energy time money etc to do what u describe. it just aint happenin. not 'less yer maybe some freay OCD type with $ to blow and way too much free time on his hands ;) :biglaugh: do u know the type im talking about? :crazy:

be good guys and gals

just my :2cents: btw...fwiw... sorry to hijack, kinda with my wordy posts. hope it enlightens somebody tho somewhere :) :) be well

Last edited:
DigitalHippy,

Not so sure B&W Poly over the window is such a good idea. I have to do something similar because I have a HUGE window in my room. To make matters worse my electric meter is right next to it. Meter readers know what to look for and turn in people on a regular basis here. Plain B&W Poly would have gave me away so I put up a sheet so it looked like the rest of the house and polyed over that. :D

Otherwise that is a very nice set-up you got going on over there!!!

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
MaryUWannaPixie said:
DigitalHippy,

Not so sure B&W Poly over the window is such a good idea. I have to do something similar because I have a HUGE window in my room. To make matters worse my electric meter is right next to it. Meter readers know what to look for and turn in people on a regular basis here. Plain B&W Poly would have gave me away so I put up a sheet so it looked like the rest of the house and polyed over that. :D

i made a set of 'foux blinds' ill poost pics on it later now that its been brought up again.

eathereal.
whats up man? how u doin?
nice to drop a line to me and let me know how to make some bomb soil!
i actualy like how much perlite is in the ffof, i dont like too much, i know how my plants like there world. i dont have much time to mix soils and such, but ive been thinking of adding some more things like ur talking about into the soil when i recycle it between runs... ill probably get some dolamite lime, for the magnesium whores, some guano, and more worms, the girls seam to enjoy having worms in there buckets...i do use TEA's all the time, recently ive been playing with verma-t.
why dont u like ffof? i dont pay much more then 10 or 12 a bag. i get big discounts on supplies. markup is a bitch.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
uhhhh

uhhhh

MaryUWannaPixie said:
DigitalHippy,

lol the poly is BEHIND the closed shades, sweetheart

:muahaha:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
DIGITALHIPPY said:
i made a set of 'foux blinds' ill poost pics on it later now that its been brought up again.

eathereal.
whats up man? how u doin?
nice to drop a line to me and let me know how to make some bomb soil!
i actualy like how much perlite is in the ffof, i dont like too much, i know how my plants like there world. i dont have much time to mix soils and such, but ive been thinking of adding some more things like ur talking about into the soil when i recycle it between runs... ill probably get some dolamite lime, for the magnesium whores, some guano, and more worms, the girls seam to enjoy having worms in there buckets...i do use TEA's all the time, recently ive been playing with verma-t.
why dont u like ffof? i dont pay much more then 10 or 12 a bag. i get big discounts on supplies. markup is a bitch.
cuz for the price of a bag i get a BALE of promix ;)
and stay away from dolomite lime, pelletized kind at least...its made for 6mth release OUTDOORS, not in the growroom in cans. it needs to break down.
se hydrated. calmag+ r magi-cal from technaflora are excellent liquids to keep around for mag whores :)

ps- i know u sayu dont like that much perlite but u know why they like worms? CUZ THE WORMS ARE AERATING THE OSIL SINCE THERES NOT ENOUGH PERLITEE IN IT AS-IS :biglaugh: :) just tellin it like it is!

much love n light yer way! :) be well