What's new

HIP HOP HEADS, JOIN US!!!

everyone around here was listening to the nwa crew back in the day.... brings back alot of memories as a kid. i remember hearing alot of that g-funk shit after the chronic hit so big, i was only like 12 when straight outta compton hit but i remember people freaking out about it. eazy e was gangsta

later i got turned on to some beastie boys and wu-tang... paul's boutique and 36 chambers are still two of my favorite albums.... i've been listening to alot of the beastie boys lately, my cd changer has ill communication and hello nasty in it right now.

great thread, lots of stuff i remember, lots of stuff i never heard of, but still interesting to read about the current state of hip-hop. as far as southern rap, well, i live "down here" and really can't stand it... but then again, pretty much EVERYTHING mainstream nowadays just seems to suck... i really. really. really. despise the "country pop" crap, it makes me want to stab people.

as far as people "selling out," seems like some do more than others i guess. everyone's gotta make a living but alot of em are just greedy and don't really give a shit about being creative.

billbob

Wurd up Oyster Magnet! Ill Bill is the illest and all the Necro crew. oldskool LL CoolJ - like yo evette. E-40 is alright - he's down with the purple kush and raps a lot about weed. KMK have some good shit also. NWA mad props. opened up doors and brought it gangster style

Wurd to your mum, got sour g in da bong -

Laxpunker

Question guys, do you like Cypress Hill? It seems if you smoke in the North East you automatically listen to CH, I was wondering if the same held true elsewhere. Personally I find their voices can get annoying, but some of their stuff is damn good.

Laxpunker said:
Question guys, do you like Cypress Hill? It seems if you smoke in the North East you automatically listen to CH, I was wondering if the same held true elsewhere. Personally I find their voices can get annoying, but some of their stuff is damn good.

black sunday is in my changer too :joint:

Like Louie Armstrong
Played the trumpet
I'll hit dat bong and break ya off something soon
I got to get my props
Cops
Come and try to snatch my crops
These pigs wanna blow my house down
Head underground
To the next town
They get mad
When they come to raid my pad
And I'm out in the nine duece cad
Yes I'm the pirate pilot
Of this ship if I get
Wit' the ultraviolet dream
Hide from the red light beam
Now do you believe in the unseen
Look, but don't make your eyes strain
A nigga like me is goin' insane

G

Capone and Noriega 'War Report' ~ this one has been caned to death lately.

G

What up all, I'm just listening to the CPI ~ Poetry Is For Faeries mixtape, and I'm blown out of my mind.

Here's to hallucinogens and introspective hip hop. :yes: :yes:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

billbob

Cypress Hill is dope. I saw them in 1990-91 at a show in san diego with about 50 people there in a small old bar/club. They had it back then. Their shit was a bit unique back then. They are still cool now giving the shout to the weed, but they are not what they were. But who is. Money and time change all. They still do a lot for the weed.

Laxpunker

billbob said:
Cypress Hill is dope. I saw them in 1990-91 at a show in san diego with about 50 people there in a small old bar/club. They had it back then. Their shit was a bit unique back then. They are still cool now giving the shout to the weed, but they are not what they were. But who is. Money and time change all. They still do a lot for the weed.

Oh most deffinently, they surely have changed since I first started listening to them. However their older stuff I find has staying power, I can still put in their first albums-smoke a bowl, and have a fine day.

BabyHughie

Cypress Hill, my homie and I were just talking about that shit. I wish I would have seen them live back in the day. I have NO Cypress Hill right now, NADA. Need to do something about that.

some of this maybe

B0000027RY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V53800585_.jpg

and some of this

B00000295Y.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51630553_.jpg

shit maybe some of this for good measure :joint:

B000000HIY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

JEAH, all I gotta say is Im gonna wreck you with my

sawed off shotgun hand on the pump
puffin on a 40 smokin on a blunt
pumped my shotgun niggaz didn't jump
LALA LA LA LALA LA LA

:D

G

man lately I have just been in 1 horrible mood after another. sean price and vinnie paz are good for when you want to vent the anger without getting violent.

motherfuckers actin like my gat don't work, till they collapse in the dirt screamin that shit hurt, motherfuckin right that shit hurt..

buckin em down, thats how wrong my life is

G

I saw cypress hill around 2000 and it was a pretty good show. They brought out a 4 ft bong called the road warrior. lol and b real hit that shit on stage and he apologized and said he was a pussy for coughing hah

G

haha thats awesome. Cypress hill is badass.. I def fuck w/ em..I have no cypress hill too hughie, I lost both of my CDs over the years. would love to see them live i bet their shows are nuts

G

ok, sage francis, del, casual, outkast, frayser boy, eric b and rakim, project pat, saigon, immortal techique, natural, tribe, alkaholiks, fam lay, clipse, raekwon, gza,,,,just some of my favorites, i love all hip hop culture, blackbooks, rhyming, graffiti, and social consciousness,,,,its where my 3rd eye flourishes, hip hop that is....bd

G

living legends is badass, thanks for turning me onto them, IC hip hop heads! :joint:

G

helllll ya i got tons of LL stuff

do any of you guys use soulseek? im DEEZ_NUTS if ya wanna hook up and trade some stuff.