What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

what does everyone think about this= the idea of sprinkling some fert granules on the mud thats right around the the foot of the tube, with the hope that it will release som nutes into this wet mud and the plants roots which should be in the mud a little, will be able to get some

dufous

Mostly ignorance, I think. The bagseed was never going to finish on time. The spots were terrible because I just rushed in and dropped the buckets. Lots of shade, too much water. I don't think I ever fertilized or understood much about soil fertility. Also lack of maintenance. I would just plant and come back much later to see if it grew.

I've learned a lot since then. I am always exploring for spots every year. I have hip waders. I'm using new materials, sunnier spots and it's starting to look like my technique is getting dialed in.

in your opinion what do you think was preventing you from getting good yields

dufous

I always assumed the roots would be growing down through the tube into the mud for water. When I disassemble tubes, I don't find this and it was surprising to me. I am now of the opinion that the self-watering nature of the swamp tube is from wicking the water out of the mud.

the idea of sprinkling some fert granules on the mud thats right around the the foot of the tube, with the hope that it will release som nutes into this wet mud and the plants roots which should be in the mud a little

Last edited:

dufous

The first two pictures show a tube from the swamp where I grew Satori in a clearing. The yield on those strong vigorous Satori made up for my tragic failures and heartbreaking losses elsewhere. I abandoned this swamp because the beavers have flooded it. The water is over the tubes at planting time in June. It was the loss of this swamp that led to the construction of the new swamp garden where I did so well with Zamaldelica and Malawi last year. It's Bangi Haze this year.

On the other side of the swamp I show one of the tubes where I was testing strains for swamp grows. Most were failures, and were often simply the freebies that came with seed orders. I don't grow freebies or bagseed anymore. It's too much work for no return.

I might have recycled the fencing but I would need to haul in new compost, relocate the tubes and make new paths. It's a sunny swamp, but what a mess to get around from trees falling and beavers digging channels.

There's too many people on the trails, anyway, so I'm out. The tubes have been removed.

Attachments

• 001 Satori tube Abandoned Swamp.JPG
    001 Satori tube Abandoned Swamp.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 002 Satori tube Abandoned Swamp.JPG
    002 Satori tube Abandoned Swamp.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 003 Abandoned swamp tube.JPG
    003 Abandoned swamp tube.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The first two pictures show a tube from the swamp where I grew Satori in a clearing. The yield on those strong vigorous Satori made up for my tragic failures and heartbreaking losses elsewhere. I abandoned this swamp because the beavers have flooded it. The water is over the tubes at planting time in June. It was the loss of this swamp that led to the construction of the new swamp garden where I did so well with Zamaldelica and Malawi last year. It's Bangi Haze this year.

On the other side of the swamp I show one of the tubes where I was testing strains for swamp grows. Most were failures, and were often simply the freebies that came with seed orders. I don't grow freebies or bagseed anymore. It's too much work for no return.

I might have recycled the fencing but I would need to haul in new compost, relocate the tubes and make new paths. It's a sunny swamp, but what a mess to get around from trees falling and beavers digging channels.

There's too many people on the trails, anyway, so I'm out. The tubes have been removed.

so you have been doing the swamp thing for a long time. yep if thres people roaming near your spot that can ba a little nerve wrecking. my spot is also just a few hundred feet away from the road and a bike trail thats quite travelled. in the some of my pics one can evern see the tree line that marks the end of the swamp and the beginning of the path. the only thing that keeps me safe is the reeds, they are soooo dang dense that its only possible to get in if u now the entrance, which is also decieving since its a tunnel through the reeds at ground level . i have to crawl over the mud for about twenty feet then i can stand up and walk the rest. trying to walk 'through' the reeds is almost impossible, and very unpleasant. haha so now that i think of it its the grass thats protecting 'my' grass

last year too i had hunters roaming real close to my patch just got lucky. that patch had two entrances, one day the hunters were entering the area by one of the paths while at the saame time i was exiting silently, down another path just feet away from them

Last edited:
hello two heads

well i know this grow is now official, with veterans like u stopping by. thanks for taking interest and i hope this grow proves entertaining

i have noticed a trend. seems to me that more and more smokers are turning to sativas. and it makes sense for a person that smokes many times every day, they dont want a brain scrambling strain but a motivational energetic specimen that takes one on a ride rather than knock you off your horse. the more i read about it and see the passion that some people have for them, the more i want to get some good sativas some day

cuz some indca dom strains can actually be quite un pleasant to me, i hate being un able to function but at the same time i luv feeling stone,

hey two heads

i cant help but ask, did you go back to your swamp this year or are you enjoying some sort of legalization like you were hoping for?

two heads

Veteran
hey two heads

i cant help but ask, did you go back to your swamp this year or are you enjoying some sort of legalization like you were hoping for?

Legalization begins October 17 (can't wait) so it was back to the swamp for me again this year: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355314

And I'm one of those leaning toward sativas, which can be tricky outdoors in Canada but Critical + 2.0 worked well for me last year and I'm also trying Bangi Haze outdoors this year. I like high-energy weed anytime and use edibles every evening for the combination of a good high followed by a knock-out soporific effect - better than turkey!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hey two heads, you still running that one strain with the pink pistols? I think I remember you calling it babies breath or something like that in your threads. You are one lucky son of a gun to live in a country where it will soon be legal. Congrats to you Canadians on your historical achievement! :good:

I myself am a big Indica man but deal with major insomnia so having some broad leafs to settle me down is a high in itself.

11 of august the swamp plans got some top dressing since some of them are a little yellow. there is rain coming in a few days which will hopefully wash the nutes into the coco a bit. most of them are full green and healthy so the original mix of coco and manure compost seems fine to me. one batch o soil that i mixed got less ferts in the beginning, and now those are the ones that seem a little hungry.

next year i plan to make my mix of 75 percent coco 25percent composted manure ( non composted manure must be applied in a smaller proportion).that will be the base and to that i will add any other good organic ingredients available to me.

here are some pics from the 11th august

dufous

I have 7 Bangi Haze in the new swamp, from 12 tubes planted with regular seed. The tallest is 8 feet. Most are 6 or 7.

Attachments

• 001 New Swamp.jpg
    001 New Swamp.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 002 Bangi Haze 8 Footer.jpg
    002 Bangi Haze 8 Footer.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 003 Bangi Haze 8 Footer.jpg
    003 Bangi Haze 8 Footer.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 18

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't be scared to remove small amounts of grasses to allow more light to reach the plants.
Maybe cut down a tree or two for the same reason. If you do cut a tree down. Weave it the
other trees so it looks natural. The best time to increase size of a clearing is just after harvest
so things look very natural the next grow season.

But removing a little vegetation to allow the plants more sun now is fine as well.

Good Luck