What's new

hiking boots

Xorc420

I can recommend you the hiking boots of Salomon, like an other user did. But then the final decision is in your hands man! :tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I recommenced you buy some trail runners/hiking shoes rather than boots. They will protect you feet, are breathable yet water proof and good on the trail. If boots are absolutely necessary can't go wrong with a pair of lugz.
im loving these tims right now. they feel like a pair of shoes. they are super light and no need to break them in bc they feel like they are already broken in. i may still look into some trail runners after harvest this year though. i need boots for sure bc i go to my spots in the winter to amend the soil and then again in the spring and its sometimes muddy and snowy..thanks for the recommendation
I can recommend you the hiking boots of Salomon, like an other user did. But then the final decision is in your hands man! :tiphat:

AH ya that was the name of the boots that alot of great reviews i read on. Salomon and Asolo got top reviews,but i just dont see how they could get any more comfy then these tims i got for 83$ shipped. ive did 2 hikes in them now and my feet has already thanked me for getting those old heavy ass irish setters off my feet.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
[Old thread.. but...]

I hiked the AT back 02 and started out the day after xmas. I started out with La Sportiva Makalu's as heavy snow would be likely heading into the Smokys.

I had to ditch the Mak's early on and the small outfitters that sits on the trail in North Georgia [Mountain Crossings] had a pair of Salomon Pro Sticky Mids on clearance in my size.

The love I have for these boots cannot be put into words.

The model may be called Endeavor or X now, not really sure but I found another pair on line and replaced them in NOVA/DMV.

I only got about 680 miles on them but at least 80 [in 15 days] of those miles where in 6 feet of snow using a combination of crampons and snowshoes. The lowest temp was -36 f [Ambient] but they never popped a stitch or blew tread.

An average boot would have come apart under those conditions alone...

Attachments

• prostickies.jpg
    prostickies.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 13
G

Ghostdawg

hi there hiking boots is a personal thing what might suit me might not be good fit for you
visit a shop and try them on..i live in the highlands and go walking daily we have ben nevis here glencoe my boots have lasted years meindl burma pro's all the best with your choice

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Socks...
Wool preferably because they're natural, breath well, stay warm when wet...

And take a couple pairs when your out n about so you can change them n keep your feet dry.

Latest posts

Latest posts