What's new

Hightimes

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
had some fool come by once and brought some alleged hash...used my wooden bowl and it tasted funny... turn out he bought it from an add in hightimes...I couldn't get the nasty taste out of my wooden bowl no matter what I tried...I tossed the bowl in the trash....fuck hightimes...yeehaw

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
had some fool come by once and brought some alleged hash...used my wooden bowl and it tasted funny... turn out he bought it from an add in hightimes...I couldn't get the nasty taste out of my wooden bowl no matter what I tried...I tossed the bowl in the trash....fuck hightimes...yeehaw

Oh yeah, I remember seeing the ads for that, if I remember correctly it was extracted from lettuce.

SocalNugz

High times is so lame it takes them over 6 months to cover their own event!
They are way behind the times too, its good for a laugh these days I guess, but not much more.
The htcc sucks big time too, truely one of the worst organized events ive ever been too.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Most magazines, and newspapers have been failing in the recent 15 years because of the internet. One day people will say the same about some web sites.

Homegro

High Times got me interested in growing over 25 years ago, seeing all those great pictures of wonderful bud that I'd never see in my shitty little town that only has mex brickweed.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55949&pictureid=1479129&thumb=1]View Image[/url] First off I want to show my repect for Hightimes . I be damn if some one talk bad about this magaizine . When cannabis was first hit the hippy era , these guys made the first cannabis magazine in the late 70s. Cannabis cup comes from the idea of a private harvest festival they had in california at the time . Where people from the usa would grow buds and share . Hightimes publish alot of knowledge about cannabis , from laws, to grows and so much more . I really dig this magazine. If you could see when sensi first hit the market it was a big wave , seen beautiful phenos of full sativa and indicas hybrids as well. Sativas where big back than , thats for sure. Just want to show my respect for Hightimes .

that rag is a piece of shit, I gave up on it when it became nothing more than an advertiser for 1-900 fuck number phone sex calls and also for those fake weed and bogus hash products, little fake speed pills, and isobutyl nitrate products like 'Locker Room'.

You can tell a lot by what the owners of a magazine thinks of their readers by what they accept & publish as advertising.

I'll be damned if someone tells me who/what to respect. :cool:

and btw, the summer of '74 (1st HT issue) is not the late '70s.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
I been in the High Times office - and storage room ... just for a peek

They have industrial metal racks that hold at least one copy of every issue High Times has ever published ... the rest of the room over-flows with all the products they have put out thru their many years in business

Without question or doubt ... stoner's of all ages - everywhere in the world ... including those who are critical - that if they had a few free minutes ... and if there was a copy of High Times laying around ... for sure they would pick it up ... and start flipping thru the pages with interest

Can High Times make a more appealing publication ?

What changes would you like to see ? ... what more ... or better can they do ?

Sundance

* No - I am not Danny Danko ... I dont / have never worked for High Times

True statement about the racs....but isnt this like fight club?lol
danny is a good dude to many....never had a personal issue w/him or anyone at HT but the direction they have been going is not a positive one...
we have a decent connection with them....
weird has seen/heard allot as well...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I don't begrudge high times for their content I am just not stimulated by it, so I have no need to critique it since, to be honest, not much stimulates me.

The negative stuff I heard was more about individuals and human nature (kinds of like when you hear about bad marriages, happens alot and to many people), no one constant thing.

This weekend I was in Maine and there were a few older heads that I have seen in the region before and at other events. Someone mentioned this weekend that one was/is affiliated with high times, made me wish I said nothing at all about the organization itself, because I know these are some very cool cats that put their life into legalization, live it and breath it.

Won't name drop but I figured if I was going to say something negative based on what I have seen or heard that I would set the record straight since the opposite happened this weekend.

Funny how that happens.

St. Phatty

someone has to sell the artificial herb and bath salts.

PARADOX - High Times helped many of us learn to grow in the pre-Internet days.

I still remember an article about a basement SOG grow in Amsterdam, growing Skunk #1 in a sand/ perlite/ peat mix. The article mentioned how the grower increased his yield using CO2.