What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highly Dutch Organic - 6-Month Oak Barrel Hash – Legal Smoke Report

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
6-Month Oak Barrel Hash

Genetics: Not specified but rumoured to be bolstered with hash oil
Grower/Producer: Highly Dutch Organic

Overall Rating: Very good . . . for a fake?

Smell: loud orangey chocolate smell
Taste: the incense version of orangey chocolate
Consistency: a spongy ball of soft brown
Duration: medium - long
Potency: Tested @ 40% THC with <1.0% CBD

highlydutch-6-mo-oak-barrel.jpg

This is hash that I have very mixed feelings about.

My first impression was good with a big BUT. It was nice, soft and not sticky, making it easy to work with but at the same time, it has an odd fluffy almost whipped texture that makes it feel puffed up. The smell is a loud bright aroma reminiscent of orange chocolate and even with flame, the smoke starts off with the same taste. But then as I was hitting my 3rd or 4th toke, it dawned on me . . . it smells synthetic. It was too ripe, too orange chocolatey and not natural at all. Hmmm. As I dipped into the cube, I did some Google research and it didn’t take long before I found a post by reddit user BDM710Reviews with this: “before the product was released, the description on the OCS showcasing it described it as “It starts out as indica bud that’s ground, mixed with cannabis oil and then pressed and blended repeatedly producing consistent dark brown bricks.””. They claim that their cannabis is organically grown in living soil.

OK, I know that all hash is produced. The resin has to get off the plant and into a cube somehow. But a whipped combo of bud parts and oil with - suspected - artificial flavouring might be pushing the limits of something you can actually call hash. Maybe it should be called V-Hash or frankenhash or something.

Anyways, this shit gets you high. And it is not a heavy curl-up-on-the-couch high but a very nice medium balanced fun zip with pretty decent duration, letting your mind wander creatively and your body to do its hashy feel good thing. I have to admit that I like the high.

About that name . . . 6-Month Barrel Hash . . . yes, they claim to stick their whipped hash batter in an American oak barrel for 6 months “a process that transforms flavour and enriches terpenes. The barrel’s aroma and flavour lend themselves to the hash, emitting pungent scents of bourbon, oak, and orange peel”. Well, it works with wine and single malts and it enhances the marketing story but I have no idea whether the oak barrel added anything to this or not.

So what is my conclusion? It will go on my Buy Once In A While When There Is Nothing Else List. Like a bacon cheeseburger from that greasy Greek joint on the corner, you want one once in a while just to remind yourself why you don’t want another one again for another long while.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $34.99/2 grams

A close up view . . .

highlydutch-6-mo-oak-barrel-mag.jpg

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
6-Month Oak Barrel Hash

Genetics: Not specified but rumoured to be bolstered with hash oil
Grower/Producer: Highly Dutch Organic

Overall Rating: Very good . . . for a fake?

Smell: loud orangey chocolate smell
Taste: the incense version of orangey chocolate
Consistency: a spongy ball of soft brown
Duration: medium - long
Potency: Tested @ 40% THC with <1.0% CBD

View attachment 18793193

This is hash that I have very mixed feelings about.

My first impression was good with a big BUT. It was nice, soft and not sticky, making it easy to work with but at the same time, it has an odd fluffy almost whipped texture that makes it feel puffed up. The smell is a loud bright aroma reminiscent of orange chocolate and even with flame, the smoke starts off with the same taste. But then as I was hitting my 3rd or 4th toke, it dawned on me . . . it smells synthetic. It was too ripe, too orange chocolatey and not natural at all. Hmmm. As I dipped into the cube, I did some Google research and it didn’t take long before I found a post by reddit user BDM710Reviews with this: “before the product was released, the description on the OCS showcasing it described it as “It starts out as indica bud that’s ground, mixed with cannabis oil and then pressed and blended repeatedly producing consistent dark brown bricks.””. They claim that their cannabis is organically grown in living soil.

OK, I know that all hash is produced. The resin has to get off the plant and into a cube somehow. But a whipped combo of bud parts and oil with - suspected - artificial flavouring might be pushing the limits of something you can actually call hash. Maybe it should be called V-Hash or frankenhash or something.

Anyways, this shit gets you high. And it is not a heavy curl-up-on-the-couch high but a very nice medium balanced fun zip with pretty decent duration, letting your mind wander creatively and your body to do its hashy feel good thing. I have to admit that I like the high.

About that name . . . 6-Month Barrel Hash . . . yes, they claim to stick their whipped hash batter in an American oak barrel for 6 months “a process that transforms flavour and enriches terpenes. The barrel’s aroma and flavour lend themselves to the hash, emitting pungent scents of bourbon, oak, and orange peel”. Well, it works with wine and single malts and it enhances the marketing story but I have no idea whether the oak barrel added anything to this or not.

So what is my conclusion? It will go on my Buy Once In A While When There Is Nothing Else List. Like a bacon cheeseburger from that greasy Greek joint on the corner, you want one once in a while just to remind yourself why you don’t want another one again for another long while.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $34.99/2 grams

A close up view . . .

View attachment 18793194
WTF is that?

Latest posts

Latest posts