What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highgrow 4.20 on Linux without VM?

Stoichio

Mmhm. I wanna play this game. Wine doesn't want to open it and as usual I'm assuming there's some little piece I need to DL first. I'm not a linux nerd by any means. Wondering if anybody's figured it out? I'm on Ubuntu 10.04

Nicoli

Veteran
I'll tell you, the game sucks , really really bad.

Maybe that will just save you the trouble. Lol :)

WeedWizard

Tweaking games to run under Wine is common, this can go from play, download a patch, to needing extensive computer knowledge. I would try to google "<name of game> on linux" and see if anyone has it up and running. As far as i know, some games will run, some just wont. Also, if you get it to run, be very weary about updating the game, even if it says it needs a critical update. Or it could leave you back at square one. Good luck finding out mate.

slackx

Veteran
look up your xine permissions a lot of the time it refuses to play things simply off the fact it cannot read. If your not familiar with going through permissions and all that i'd recommend you just upgrade your xine package that should fix the issue as well. Also make sure your not running firefox while your trying to use xine.

apt-get.

Stoichio

I would try to google "<name of game> on linux" and see if anyone has it up and running.

Believe me. The term [xxx on ubuntu "or" linux] is my most common google search not pertaining to growing.

look up your xine permissions a lot of the time it refuses to play things simply off the fact it cannot read. If your not familiar with going through permissions and all that i'd recommend you just upgrade your xine package that should fix the issue as well. Also make sure your not running firefox while your trying to use xine.

apt-get.

Are you referring the properties/permissions tab when right clicking the program file and selecting "allow executing as program"? Yup, did that. Isn't xine just a media player?

shafty420

yeh as mentioned that game really is poor wish trhere was an updated version that actually looked/acted realistic

Stoichio

Just tried the game on a windows machine. WTF? I have to wait 2-3 months to harvest? Thats a load of BS. I wanted to play the game to keep my mind of having to wait for my real harvest. Forget it. lol

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Latest posts