What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Higher end accomodation

Ganglere

Rookies hotel is pretty good and smoke friendly. Rooms + breakfast, not apartments!.
http://www.rookies.nl/uptown/

Hi y'all!

Took your advice, damn glad I did :tiphat:

Five nights flew by, and I really miss the city. That's why I've decided to return soon, really soon, as in next week :dance013:

I'll be making a thread based on my Dutch experience, but I ate four grams of some beautiful Afghaan dark hash on the plane yesterday, and my mind still isn't quite as it should be...

Peace to y'all :tiphat:

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I can vouch for the Okura Hotel on FerdinandBolstraat......5 star Japanese and just a minute or two from the Mellow Yellow and Coffeshop Little.

zoidb3rg

the funky chickin on spuistraat (SP?) is good, really nice owners and they're smoker friendly they gave us a bong, pipes and papers lol. i've booked another place this time cause we wanted a change and it looks awesome, no idea of the name just that it's on singel. pictures look awesome though, i've done both hotel and apartment and i can tell you an apartment is 100% the way to go.

A

arcticsun

Anyone know of apartments that DO allow smoking?

GreatLakes THC :Joint:

http://www.amsterdamstay.com/

99.9% of our apartments are smoke friendly for all types of smoking.

You must make sure you communicate to them that you want a smoking apartment. We asked for a smoking apartment, but when we got there the landlord said no smoking, we then pointed out that we asked for a smoking apartment and after a short discussion he ok'd it as long as we were careful with the furniture etc etc.

The prices are very reasonable, we have used them two times and both times have the apartments been of good standards. Last time was in April 2009.

Here are some pictures from the place we got last year. I cant remember the price for this place, i think it was like 130 or 140 Euros pr night. Two bedroom.

Small but modern living room/lounging area..

19237.JPG

16327.JPG

Small but modern kitchen corner area

89741.JPG

Hallway, two bedrooms at the end of the hall, one bedroom had a spacious balcony and a TV, new and comfortable beds. Entrance to the right, on the left side a modern marble bathroom and a laundry room with brand new white wares.

76257.JPG

View down the street from out of the living room, this is the Jordaan area of Amsterdam, an area i would recommend as a nice area to live in while in Amsterdam. Its an artsy part of town with great cafe's and restaurants. Best part of living in an apartment is that you get a real feel for what its like living in the Dam, after just a few days you feel right at home. ;)

43128.JPG

This isnt "high end" but it sure as hell beats the 4 star hotels ive stayed at in Amsterdam.

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Thanks Arcticsun!!! That's what I was looking for. Love the pics too. Looks like a nice place to stay. I think my wife and I would be comfortable there.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

A

arcticsun

:)

Its the best site ive found for smoker friendly apartment rentals in the dam. Cant say ive been deterred from using them again.

125E a night will get you a descent apartment, same price as a double room in a downtown Amsterdam hotel. Its a no brainer imho.. Those double rooms in Amsterdam barely fit the beds.

Ive used the site twice, first time we rented a larger place for a group trip. We had a great place first time aswell, that place was much bigger and more luxurious.

mr.haze420

Veteran
I can vouch for the Okura Hotel on FerdinandBolstraat......5 star Japanese and just a minute or two from the Mellow Yellow and Coffeshop Little.

if you can get the those coffeeshops in a minute or two you must be the Flash. :laughing: