What's new

Higher end accomodation

Ganglere

Hi there :)

In a couple of weeks I'm off to the Dam :)

I'm too old to be slumming it, I want some quality lair to retreat to. I'll be spending 5 nights and have a budget for housing around 3k euro. It doesn't have to be this much, but that's what's available.

Does anybody know some serious companies/whatever that rents out quality appartments? Obviously smoke-friendlyness is paramount ;)

I know you're not all broke-ass street-urchins, please help me make this work :)

Help me and I'll toke one for ya ;)

:thank you: in advance

Peace, G

biteme

my last stay was at the crown plaza in old adam which will run you about $250 usd per day but there were several in the old part of town that were of interest. hotel kapolosky(sp) comes to mind which is a fine old institution but there are others close to the action. google hotels in amsterdam but i think you want to stay in the old part of town. i think most of the major upscale chains are there too?

one caveat: i have been told the hotels in adam are also nonsmoking these days? make sure you check on this first and foremost cause you may want to spend as needbe to get an outdoor balcony? i would hate to spend big bucks on a room and not be able to enjoy it as i see fit. peace-biteme

G

Guest 18340

I was there beginning of July. While I can't give you specifics I will say that a budget of 3k Euro is more than enough for a 5 days at a 5 star hotel.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Green House were doing some "luxury apartments" but their site seems to be down...

anyways 200-350 a night will get you in at the six continents, crowne plaza or holiday inn in a top end room :)

I have stayed in a few of the 5* suites around Amsterdam, The Crowne Plaza was nice. But I now rent apartments since the no smoking law has come in (most 5* hotels will fine you for smoking tabacco and claim to throw you out for smoking weed/drugs), I go for apartments with private roof terraces or balconies as the nicer ones usually state no smoking.

I have used http://www.shortstay-apartment.com/amsterdam/ for the last few visits.

cheebs318

To me there's no better place than the Krasnapolsky. Perfectly located right on Dam square, at least in my experience customer service has been superb, and their breakfast buffet is famous for its ginormous size and variety.
AmsterdamnesiA, thanks for the link, maybe I'll try to arrange an apartment for my weeklong stay in oct.

biteme

yes cheebs318, that place always looked upscale to me but the pool/spa area of the crown plaza as well as their security always appealed to my travel partner. however, the crown plaza in spite of 8 stories and many rooms, i think only a half dozen or so have the outdoor balconies?

and i guess i am correct that the no smoking ban extends to all hotel rooms? if this is the case and the budget will stand it then one needs to shop for a room with a balcony, especially this time of the year. as i posted earlier, it would be a shame to spend that kind of dough on a room and not be able to enjoy it as you wish and in my case that would include the pleasure of smoking. and btw, do not try to smoke in these "no smoking" institutions as most have hidden smoke alarms that will go off as soon as you light up.

peace-biteme

C

cannagirl

You can also use easytobook.com I have found great hotels and deals on their site.

H

Hazyfontazy

To me there's no better place than the Krasnapolsky. Perfectly located right on Dam square, at least in my experience customer service has been superb, and their breakfast buffet is famous for its ginormous size and variety.
AmsterdamnesiA, thanks for the link, maybe I'll try to arrange an apartment for my weeklong stay in oct.

kraspo also do apartments ,very nice too

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Green House were doing some "luxury apartments" but their site seems to be down...

anyways 200-350 a night will get you in at the six continents, crowne plaza or holiday inn in a top end room :)

Do NOT stay at crowne plaza. They are fucking pricks. I passed out smoking a joint of hash and got my door kicked in by two huge hotel thugs. I grabbed a knife thinking I was getting robbed. The fucking pricks charged me $150 euro cleaning fee and $20 euro for the lock they had to break to gain entry. I refused to pay, made a huge scene while checking out and they wound up charging me the cost on my CC without my consent.

Rent an apartment. Much cheaper, nicer, and none of that hotel bulkshit. Krasnapolsky apartments I WILL vouch for... Lots if stairs, but it was nice and peaceful stay...

JamieShoes

Veteran
lol

I've stayed at most of the six conti group hotels in A'dam and surrounding area (Haarlem, Ijmuiden, Zaandam) and I smoked weed in all of them, I never had any thug kicking in my door :)

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
lol

I've stayed at most of the six conti group hotels in A'dam and surrounding area (Haarlem, Ijmuiden, Zaandam) and I smoked weed in all of them, I never had any thug kicking in my door :)

Just my experience. Dont stay crowne plaza if you want to smoke in your room...

biteme

it is my understanding that no one is allowed to smoke in any hotel room in adam according to recent laws. please correct me if this is not true as balcony rooms are not that common in this city.

further, as mr. big herb tree pointed out, rooms are now wired with silent smoke alarms so if you light up management will soon be knocking on your door. i've been told you can trick these smoke alarms by smoking in the bathroom and keeping that door closed but too much of a pita for me. i want to kick back in a soft chair, light up and stare at cnn on the tube which never ceases running in any room i am in. i am interested to learn how others deal with this smoking ban. are these apartments available on a weekly basis? and those units affiliated with hotel kraponolsky (sp again) can be smoked in, or not? peace-biteme

JamieShoes

Veteran
*shrug*... it's all good... I don't mind where he stays... :)

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Just google apartment rentals Amsterdam. 600 euro a night should score you some pretty sweet digs...

Gastro

Screw the crowne plaza. Go to Amstel Hotel, Okura Hotel, or Krasnapolsky instead. But if you want more "privacy" just google holiday appartements amsterdam. Just make sure that its smokerfriendly, otherwise the owners might freak (your avg non smoking dutchie, doesnt really appreciate cannabis that much).

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
lol

Thats because yal are such lightweights they can hardly smell it. They kicked our door in thinking there was a fire there was so much damned smoke!!!!

hanuman

I'm quite surprised they bother their customers in those high-end hotels. Usually money allows --nearly-- everything.

For one, I prefer the smaller smoker-friendly ones anyway even though I can afford the 4 stars and even though I'm an "older" guy. I remember joking with the receptionist of a ganja-friendly hotel on haarlemstraat, saying that their place, with leaking washbasins, dirty bedrooms and shared shower rooms, was really shabby compared to the krasna & likes, to which he answered yeah, but you don't get that at the krasna, showing me the hotel bar full of people toking ("privately", that is after the entrance door had been closed for the night).

h :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts