What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Times Cannabis Cup - Flint

RespectGreen

Veteran
Booths r cheap 1500$ to 5000$ If u get people throwing together not bad at all. We did it in Denver the last 2 years to have a chill area and vendor passes.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
HT Events command sick money. It's quite a deal for them. The advertising for the cup in the mag is so costly, it can't work out for any but the biggest established companies. I suppose HT has been patient for all these years - so I guess, good-on-em.

Last edited:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Spending that kind of money just to "chill" at this event is crazy. There were more than enough places to chill, people were even bringing in their own lawn furniture. There were not that many booths and a large venue, open area everywhere. And the vendor passes didn't get you anything extra really. Really not worth spending the extra cash. And again it was $1000 per entry, plus 40 grams per entry flower, 20 grams per for concentrate. Not $1000 to enter all. If there are over a 100 entries per category you do the math. Renting out the venue and advertising in your own magazine/website doesn't cost that much. The cats that win these events want my flowers, so the bragging rights are only worth what you want to put into them. Chris won a cup in every category at the first cup in MI, and at the last most people didn't even know about them. His booth was pretty empty. All this is just my opinion.

RespectGreen

Veteran
15 peeps x 160$ ticket price minimum equals 2400$ we saved money homie gotta do math

This year my 3-day vendor pass this weekend actually only costs 80$ even

This is all Denver tho here I just went free probably will again

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Impossible to know how many people you had. You never stated how many people it was split up to. All you said was you threw down with people. That leaves a lot of room for interpretation. And there is a large swing in prices for booths. You also never stated how much you pay for your booth. Cant do math without numbers, plain and simple.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
3 zips per entry and 1k to enter all for what? Let's say I win I get a trophy and a Water down title considering there are multiple cups every year now. I guess it's all for the glory but I don't get it. I'm a caregiver I do this for a living not sure what advantages a trophy has other then bragging rights or marketing?

I entered the IC cup and set aside 3 more zips for high times in MI because I wanted the genetics I found in my OGKB bag seeds to get a name and be spread to patients world wide.

the OGKB GSC is the best pain medication I've ever had and the 2.0 is equal or very close.

It has the advantage of being higher yield and as fast in veg as GG#4.

My Glue was pretty dialed but truly the 2.0 is more dense and heavy in the same space in my garden.

GG #4

picture.php

OGKB 2.0

picture.php

Not putting down the Glue here, I love it and what Josie did and it was the only elite that was easy to get my hands on when I started my garden back up last year.

I wanted to see if OGKB 2.0 was as good as I thought and if it was then winning cups is the only way to show it to everyone else.

You can look at pretty pictures online all day but not all frosty herb has the effects I need when it comes to chronic pain and inflammation.

There are probably millions of cannabis smokers who have heard of cookies and still think that it is hype. Maybe you only tried the forum cut...
This is the only strain that has felt stronger or better than OG Kush to me.
Probably in the beginning that was because I had 5 years of smoking lots of OG's and then OGKB Cookies were new to me.

Yesterday I had a bad kidney stone and I started my day with OGKB 2.0 and still got very high when I fired up some OG Kush later.

It's at the very least on the same level of pain killing ability as OG for me and that makes it quite special in my book.

I grow because I can't work anymore and can't afford to buy meds.
I don't vend and I give away what doesn't work for me to a couple of other sick old folks.

As a caregiver I want to get this clone to sick people everywhere because for most of my life as a medical cannabis patient
I could not access decent meds unless I was in Cali and had plenty of cash to afford top shelf dispensary herb.

I bought the OGKB cookies that yielded the seeds at $60 an eight at that's before you add in the costs of flying there,
car rentals, hotels, doctors rec, etc.
All that was paid for by family members and friends who knew how sick I was and had seen how much I would improve after visits there for meds.

picture.php

The $1000 and 3 of the best ounces I've ever grown is a steep price to entry for me but I will try to pull it off and bring as many clones
and seeds as I can manage to try make the world a better place and bring a little relief to others.

When the strongest herb is easy to access it might also help to get prices
somewhere a poor person like myself can afford when they get too sick to grow.

and bragging is fun too.:biggrin: :moon:

PS- I'm going to whore out the GlueBreath and my newly re-named pre-forum cut, Stink Panties. ( I think it sounds much nicer than C*ntBreath )

MIMedHead

You the man Chunky I personally can't wait to try your selections, I know a few patients of mine that feel the same way as well.