What's new

high school kid runs million dollar grow opps...

cincy1017

heres a little crazy read from around my way..i dont really beleive this kid ran the whole thing i just feel he wasnt youngest so he had the lest to loose..if you click the link there is some pics...
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...-led-by-17-year-old-mason-high-school-student

LEBANON, Ohio - A 17-year-old Mason High School student has been charged with several counts of drug trafficking after allegedly spearheading a local pot ring, and employing several other Mason High School students in the process.
The 17-year-old turned himself in to Warren County Juvenile Detention personnel Tuesday morning. He was released and has a court date scheduled for July 31 at 4 p.m.
Police said the 17-year-old, whose identity 9 News will not disclose because of his age, led them to a $3 million marijuana growing operation involving seven adults.
"If you were a Mason High School student and you were purchasing marijuana, there was a huge chance that it was based from him," said John Burke of the Warren County Drug Task Force.
Authorities emphasize that none of the pot appeared to have been sold on school property.
Gerald Peele, Michael Lopez, Stacy Lampe, Cody Lampe, Justin Baker, William Sparks and Allen Honeycutt were indicted Friday on a total of 46 separate felony charges ranging from trafficking and cultivation to endangering children and possession of criminal tools.
Deputies arrested the majority of the suspects on Monday with the exception of Lopez and Baker. Officials on Tuesday said Baker was in police custody and that Lopez remains on the run.
Those in custody will be arraigned in Warren County Common Pleas Court at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Hundreds of marijuana plants were discovered in hydroponic grow-houses in Norwood and Blue Ash.
For about a year, the Warren County Drug Task Force had been investigating the trafficking of high-grade marijuana being sold to students at Mason and King Mills high schools, which they say they traced to the 17-year-old. When officials searched the boy's house, they found more than $6,000 in cash in his bedroom at his parents' house.
As part of the investigation, task force members searched locations in Blue Ash, Norwood and Hamilton where they seized more than 600 hydroponic high grade marijuana plants .
Officials with the Warren County Drug Task Force say the street value from the pot was $5,000 a pound.
They seized thousands of dollars in grow equipment as well.
Authorities valued the drug operation at more than $3 million and say they believe the 17-year-old was grossing more than $20,000 a month.
Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell says the teen appeared to be a the typical boy-next-door, and the arrests should send a signal to parents everywhere.
"It should encourage parents to... understand what exactly [their] kids are involved in," he said.
ABC News obtained home video that shows the teen skateboarding, an activity they said he enjoyed doing along with keeping up with friends on Facebook.
"Clearly he is a very intelligent individual and he was somebody who was operating a major drug organization as a 15-, 16-year-old student," said Fornshell. "He clearly has some intelligence but certainly misguided."

TB Gardens

Veteran
Lol they found 6gs at his place, believe me his closet woulda been stuffed with dough if he was in charge, a 17 yr old has no idea how to get it clean & put away...

Sounds like he was logistics side of operation, someone else was paying for the gear & homes.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^seriously. Too bad he got caught though. I started growing at 16 so it is possible that he played a major part, but run it....no way.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
Just the media trying to stir up some negative shit about cannabis again.

"17 year old run million dollar op" Media translation- What about the kids??????!!!!!!!!!
Just a dumb kid that F'ed it up for everyone involved

Chronic_dreams

It seems like he ratted out his mates unfortunately.. not a bright future in growing with others if that is the case. I'm just assuming that though cause it says "he led them to a 3 million marijuana growing operation involving seven adults"

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Yeah he snitched out the growers. He was just a dealer, one of many. He wasn't the man moving everything. They want to make it look like that so they can get a good headline. Teen caught in 3 million dollar marijuana operation.

He was a teenager and wasn't gonna be in serious trouble. He should have kept his mouth shut and the growers would still be fine. Instead the whole operation is shut down and people facing cases. Fucked up how one individual can bring down the walls on the whole operation.

You live and you learn!!!

Chronic_dreams

Haha! Yeah good point man. The news was definitely twisting things by saying "He allegedly spearheaded the pot ring, and employed other students in the process" The cops probably used some kind of scare tactics on him and he spilled the beans on EVERYTHING. If I was that kid I would get out of town before the others come looking for him.

Drift13

This punk is just another rat/snitch. The world is full of folks that can't hold their own when the shit hits the fan. Like the old saying goes.....Snitch end up in ditchs!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
that kid wasnt running shit except his local high school circle...the growers were independent and made the mistake of selling it to high school students...when kids are that young they dont fully understand their right to silence and are easy to flip..

maxibiogreen

Veteran

This would be a 3 million dollar operation??? Seems media and police love to make things look bigger everywhere in the world.
Or else I need to know what variety they worked with. lol.

At least one thing will work well, most of the people unaware of what MJ produce will believe all this crap and they re gonna be able to add one more subject to their hatred concerning this mighty plant.