What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High price seeds over $20 each good genetics wrapped in golden paper mean

graser

I think you mean Raspberry Cough
My fault!

IMG_20240213_113601.jpg

Were purchased last year.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The average prices are becoming ridiculous and it won't go down, so many people believe spending a lot means you get the better genetics it won't change. In the cannabis seeds business there is a lot of scam artists and a lot of money can be made by selling ultra hyped average genetics.
Some expensive seeds can deliver some good buds but it's not the best criteria to know if it's worth growing, today some cheap seeds can deliver as good buds as 20€ ones, it's a mess and it's not easy to know what to buy.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Sure.

But now, after the decriminalization of cannabis in Germany I assume there will be a lot more seeds and cuttings available in the future...
So at least uere pieces will probably drop.
We"ll see how it evolves but the legalization in the states make the seeds prices go up not down. In Europe I hope the hype culture won't drive the prices too high.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Sure.

But now, after the decriminalization of cannabis in Germany I assume there will be a lot more seeds and cuttings available in the future...
So at least uere pieces will probably drop.
if you can count.. how much % retailer get from final price(for example DJ Short is selling 5USD per seed, if it is known to me). if you can count expenses for electricity, water, fertilizers, keeping mothers/fathers, storage, packages, transport, all that time and work... if you can count it, then you know it will not drop.

I would let it on market, if you dont like price, you dont buy it, then if the most customers will not buy it, then yes the price will drop, let it on people :D

kro-magnon

Veteran
it would cost a few dollars to do a Sog from seed , maybe make your own seeds.
Speaking of seeds ok you have your $$$ Seed and it is a a good genetic prospect. I would assume that this seed has been developed by months to years of breeding .
Even regular seeds are expensive .
If all seeds makers were really working their seeds lines I'd pay the asked without problem but today most of the seeds sold are just pollen chuck of famous names without real breeding work. Of course there is a few exceptions in the business who sell decently worked lines at decent prices and I'm happy to support them.
I do my own seeds because it's fun and allow me to explore some genetics at low cost and making your own crosses is very rewarding when all goes well.

kro-magnon

Veteran
if you can count.. how much % retailer get from final price(for example DJ Short is selling 5USD per seed, if it is known to me). if you can count expenses for electricity, water, fertilizers, keeping mothers/fathers, storage, packages, transport, all that time and work... if you can count it, then you know it will not drop.

I would let it on market, if you dont like price, you dont buy it, then if the most customers will not buy it, then yes the price will drop, let it on people :D
Production costs for seeds is still pretty low as you can make a very high number of seeds on a single plant. It's the seed banks and retailer % who drive the prices so high and there is so many different situations in the business that's why prices can be so different. Some seed banks don't produce a single seeds and only buy them from their real breeders, some are doing the job themself, some have home-made seeds and also buy from others to sell with their brand name. There is too much happening behind the curtain to have a standardized pricing for the seeds and too much shady scam artists as well.

Hmong

Veteran
I've made and packed 32000 seeds over the last 2 years, 20$ a piece sounds great

who offers 10?
I send you white label, so you can write whatever you want on them. :ROFLMAO:

There is too much happening behind the curtain to have a standardized pricing for the seeds and too much shady scam artists as well.

:biggrin:

That's easy for me. I collect regular varieties that I've always wanted to try.
The question of what to grow next is much more difficult.

Just do the oldest first and then work forwards until you have no more original packs left.
which of course never happens, as you can't stop buying.

But it's been working for me to get a lot more done lately, as mentioned above

Last edited:

revegeta666

if you can count expenses for electricity, water, fertilizers, keeping mothers/fathers, storage, packages, transport, all that time and work... if you can count it, then you know it will not drop
If anything they will go up in price lol. Legal weed means more hype and marketing, more controls, more inspections, more intermediaries that want their cut, more brand deals with dumb rappers, etc. The cannabis "industry" always works against the interests of the growers and legalization is just another excuse that allows them to keep pushing prices up.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've made and packed 32000 seeds over the last 2 years, 20$ a piece sounds great

who offers 10?
I send you white lable, so you can write whatever you want on them. :ROFLMAO:

:biggrin:
That's how operate many seed banks today, they buy seeds from growers like you and slap the name who will sell on the packaging. In this kind of deal the grower get around 0,10/0,20€ a seeds at minimum, some people proposed me this type of deal but I declined. I'd have accepted if the seed was paid between 50 cents and 1€.

Hmong

Veteran
that's how it works and why I like to joke about it

n this kind of deal the grower get around 0,10/0,20€ a seeds at minimum, some people proposed me this type of deal but I declined. I'd have accepted if the seed was paid between 50 cents and 1€.

my local stores buy the Spain bulk packs of fem seeds at 1-1,2€ a seed from RQS, Blimburn, etc. selling the seedlings for 12€ (13% tax included)

those seedlings have all the elite names, so your shop menu looks fire on paper.
I've been testing some of those, to get an idea.
All knockoffs somewhat near the original, which is decent, but stability always an issue.
It's a fast food approach and the average customer is not educated enough for this to change.

If they had bad experiences with hermies, then in their mind it's always the stores fault.
So they simply keep switching stores and nothing ever gets discussed.
Also big industry now at this point in time, so nobody will ever talk.

jobbing in that industry was fun, I saw a lot
They all have the same practices (like pesticides etc.) and market themselves like they are the only ones "doing it right".

love studying all the marketing bs that goes into this game, it's become ridiculous
something good shouldn't need a pitch, but that's where we at

Latest posts

Latest posts