What's new

High Life's Hiltop Hootenanny

fatherearth2011

ICMag Donor
mold resistant

mold resistant

the purple kush is my pink elephant.
:peacock:

mold resistant though is not #moldnevereverevergonnagetit. anywhere with high humidity it's going to be problem.
i'm just sayin.
:wave:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
i think i got pnw, but i'm in the island tropics.

That makes sense because Purple Kush is a strain that I would say is more PRONE to PM...

Just to clarify
PNW = Pacific North West = oregon washington and british colombia some say parts of NorCal and Idaho etc...

Hey now High life 45! Everything looks great! Quiz question: what are your top 3 picks for mold resistant strains here in the PNW? I'm up a bit further north in BC & would like to try something different...

Thx,
G

the purple kush is my pink elephant.
:peacock:

mold resistant though is not #moldnevereverevergonnagetit. anywhere with high humidity it's going to be problem.
i'm just sayin.
:wave:

I knew you werent in the PNW when ya said PK lol..

Greeseyder

Thanks for the reply HL! I'm looking ahead to the indoors & prepping for next summer...I'd love to try the Wonder...any clue on where to find it? PM me if needed ;)

Here's to a great finish!
G

B

buddymate

Stunning scenery,awesome grow,you sir are living the dream,always be lucky.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Stunning scenery,awesome grow,you sir are living the dream,always be lucky.

Thanks, lots a hard work brought me to this part of my dream.

Putting in alot of work all over the place... I have a bunch of trellis netting that I need to put up, I built a few tea brewers that I need to tweak, and simultaneously pray that water will be delivered....

Im worried about mold and as soon as the wallet allows I will be putting up some hoop houses over the plants and make tunnels over the beds. Already seen some pm on a few leaves...not suprised seeing that the trees around this area have it as well.

fatherearth2011

ICMag Donor
mold resistant

mold resistant

That makes sense because Purple Kush is a strain that I would say is more PRONE to PM...

Just to clarify
PNW = Pacific North West = oregon washington and british colombia some say parts of NorCal and Idaho etc...

I knew you werent in the PNW when ya said PK lol..

glad we both got on the same page. but i didn't see anybody give you mold resistant strains. i'd be interested to know what they say. it's high humidity out here all the time. and that would be a prime elephant.
:dance013:

not much pm out here that i come across but that's definitely have something to do with where you at out here.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

I still need 2x as many hoops and a couple spines ziptied to hold them all together..then some more green house plastic..

The Bluetooths, are already frosty!!

talktosamson

Veteran
Hows it looking up there HL? Its been nice and sunny down here, plumping the buds for sure, and not wet enough to fear any mold yet....hopefully it holds for another month or so. Farmers almanac says that its going to be a cold/wet winter.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Its been great these past few days. My prayers have been answered and we have had completely clear skies, after the monsoon thunderstorm of course. It was nuts, I could barely see on the roads. Had to drive really slow, suprisingly we didn't loose one branch.

Branches have been filling up for sure. My bluetooths are right there with your boosts as far as maturity goes. I have an afghooey thats close as well. Really interested in the Cherry Pie, I have some friends in the Santa Cruz mountains who rock CP hard, and they might owe me some favors..

Im happy to see these drizellas showing some nugs. The garden is over half drizellas, I honestly never ran her before. She is a yielder according to her source, whos opinion I respect. She looks like shes about to show the rest of the girls whats up.

The star/monster is the Casey Jones that is getting close to 12' tall....excited to run her again next year.

I do catch alot of humidity/fog/clouds because of the location.
However the other day it was clear at the hootenanny and the whole valley was over cast. It was just above the weather..:biggrin:

Was thinking its time to start covering them at night to prevent the dew from falling on them.

I also hope that the sun sticks around for a while longer. Its looking promising...

This has been my first decent sized outdoor grow, I have grown big plants outside before but never this scale. I have had so much help from so many friends along the way. I have fallen in love.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Heres a couple pics from a couple weeks ago...

picture.php
picture.php

I have had to raise the hoops since then..

The plant in the back is casey jones (thanks stagger!!), shes a beast..grew right past the 20' hoops three days after we put them up. She was stretching into mid september...Im praying for the sunny weather in october that will give her the proper finish...

soil margin

Veteran
I wish you lots of sunshine and very few caterpillars. Good stuff man, casey jones will be amazing if she finishes properly.

talktosamson

Veteran
Yea man, watch those pillers this year. They are out in full force eating headie colas all over the place in Oregon and California this year. Must be a population boom of those fucking white moths this year or something. Spinosad been keeping them at bay, the ones I do find are stunted and a little retarded.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Luckily I havent seen many pillars, there were some weird larvae earlier but they didn't seem to do any damage..

Well the bortyitis popped up over the last couple days... I should have taken my blutooths a few days ago...The drizellas are showing bud rot as well...
A good % lost, thats the problem with growin outdoors in this area...

Today is the first day the sun has come out in a while.. its suppose to hang around tomorrow as well.

Thanks sun..feel free to stick around..

mapinguari

Veteran
good luck finishing. May the botrytis hyphae be unable to penetrate your plants' waxy cuticle, and may the cats all get picked out by birds.

talktosamson

Veteran
And then it froze again last night. Plants are pissed as fuck, as the sun came up this morning. I hope you are getting going on cutting down those blue tooth, frost can penetrate the buds and make the mold problem much worse.