What's new

high grow tent temperatures

Jnugg

Veteran
I'm not sure I quite follow you? I'm planning on transferring these vegging plants into my basement and upgrading to four lights and ducting the air from the lights outside as opposed to just in my room like I do now. I think I'm probably going to need bigger fans pumping air out though since all I have now is two 8" 720 cfm fans. I may set those up on the lights and get another fan that 12" or 14" fan to dump air out of the room when it gets to hot. I may just nut up though and buy a 3 ton mini-split. The problem with that is I'm renting the home and I don't want to do irreparable damage.

To be fair,you didn't mention that in your OP.

Good point about the reflectivity of the tent.If it was me i would still ditch the tent my 2 cent.I would invest in a green light so you can go down there at lights off.Jnugg brings up some good points.I would love to have a basement im running out of room so i guess im thinking out loud.Being that you rent the home security is number one the tent may help things.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
One thing that's easy to overlook is where your lamp cord is hanging. HID lamps shining on their own lamp cord will setup a runaway condition that will increase heat dramatically.

The IR heats up the cord, which increases the electrical resistance, which pushes the ballast harder, which heats up the cord more, which increases the electrical resistance even more and.... well, you get the picture. :)

Had that happen once and it puzzled me for a while till I figured it out. Not saying that's your issue but it might be for others looking into this thread.

Keep it Clean! :D

seebobski

One thing that's easy to overlook is where your lamp cord is hanging. HID lamps shining on their own lamp cord will setup a runaway condition that will increase heat dramatically.

The IR heats up the cord, which increases the electrical resistance, which pushes the ballast harder, which heats up the cord more, which increases the electrical resistance even more and.... well, you get the picture. :)

Had that happen once and it puzzled me for a while till I figured it out. Not saying that's your issue but it might be for others looking into this thread.

Keep it Clean! :D

Wow that is insightful.
I helped someone fix a condensation problems . Ducting was sagging in direct path of ac on output of lights. Moved ducting and no more water dripping on plants.