What's new

High CBG strains for PTSD?

X15

I have tried every medication under the sun for ptsd and what ptsd can bring with it. I’ve never found a strain from a dispo that helped like the strains I’ve grown myself, or from friends grows. i Personally feel that super high thc strains tend to stress me out, too many Highs and Lows with it. Weed that helps me is weed that Doesn’t blow my socks off, but instead helps me think, and think methodically… like good ol truth weed.
Don’t get me wrong I love to get super baked too, but modern strains such as Cookies… suppresses my thought pattern in a way that ultimately leaves me feeling not so good. It’s like a…. A strong High but one that comes with baggage.

Its become a major goal in my Life, to figure out what really is making those things happen and if it’s the ingredients, the genetics, or the intent. Or hell maybe it’s my genetics plus a synergistic effect of all the shit that’s lingering in my body from the years of abuse. I’d like to think CBD/CBG/ THC plays a big role why I feel The highs like I do but I got this feeling it’s much more than that. a Different approach. I’m not sure if isolation is a good start.

Id like to think the herb isn’t just getting me high or altering my state of mind… but instead going to work to repair the holes in me that have formed over the years.
There is weed that can do that for me, it’s just doesnt come in a fancy container.

X15

sorry Back to CBG, are these ”higher levels of CBG” cultivars going full term or cut early? And at what ratios of CBGA to CBDA are being told to us are effective ?

Reactions: xet

RobFromTX

I have tried every medication under the sun for ptsd and what ptsd can bring with it. I’ve never found a strain from a dispo that helped like the strains I’ve grown myself, or from friends grows. i Personally feel that super high thc strains tend to stress me out, too many Highs and Lows with it. Weed that helps me is weed that Doesn’t blow my socks off, but instead helps me think, and think methodically… like good ol truth weed.
Don’t get me wrong I love to get super baked too, but modern strains such as Cookies… suppresses my thought pattern in a way that ultimately leaves me feeling not so good. It’s like a…. A strong High but one that comes with baggage.

Its become a major goal in my Life, to figure out what really is making those things happen and if it’s the ingredients, the genetics, or the intent. Or hell maybe it’s my genetics plus a synergistic effect of all the shit that’s lingering in my body from the years of abuse. I’d like to think CBD/CBG/ THC plays a big role why I feel The highs like I do but I got this feeling it’s much more than that. a Different approach. I’m not sure if isolation is a good start.

Id like to think the herb isn’t just getting me high or altering my state of mind… but instead going to work to repair the holes in me that have formed over the years.
There is weed that can do that for me, it’s just doesnt come in a fancy container.
Not to take things off topic again but that good ole truth weed was 5-15% thc at most. Thats what made it so enjoyable in my eyes. You should give some of these ace strains a go if you havent already. Tikal and Honduras have pretty low thc levels. Smoking thai or african sativas are a whole different matter but these strains are gentle and euphoric. No hangover either. Just thought id bring it up since i get pretty sensitive to mainstream pot as well. I have a lot of friends that love to "go to the moon". I just like to take a "walk in the woods" and central american sativas are great for that

revegeta666

Not to take things off topic again but that good ole truth weed was 5-15% thc at most. Thats what made it so enjoyable in my eyes. You should give some of these ace strains a go if you havent already. Tikal and Honduras have pretty low thc levels. Smoking thai or african sativas are a whole different matter but these strains are gentle and euphoric. No hangover either. Just thought id bring it up since i get pretty sensitive to mainstream pot as well. I have a lot of friends that love to "go to the moon". I just like to take a "walk in the woods" and central american sativas are great for that
Yes. I agree with everything. I also enjoyed weed much better when I was a teenager and we bought ugly looking Ghana weed. When dutch strains became common here, everyone switched over to those, and getting blasted like that is not as enjoyable for me either. I don't have ptsd but have had anxiety issues quite often in the past, and high thc weed doesn't help at all. People used to recommend a strong indica to calm anxiety, but the strongest strains just made it worse. Some of us are more "lightweight" I guess.

For the last few years I've been growing different stuff that's lower in thc than the more commercial strains, and they work better for me. A low thc sativa hybrid like tikal or nepal jam will actually help me feel truly relaxed, instead of knocked out and anxious at the same time.

I also like selecting moms for fun and anxiolitic purposes, and I have found I am often keeping plants that don't hit as hard, and give away the most potent plants to my friends. They like those plants better, and the plant I kept for me they don't really like as much.

It really is a journey to find what strains work better for you I think, for those of us who juggle with anxiety or worse conditions like ptsd. In my case anxiety is not incapacitating, just a nuissance, but it is a relief in a way to read threads like this one and feel I'm not alone lol. It has taken me a very long time to realise I am looking for different stuff than most people I know as well. And still have a lot of searching to do. It is pretty clear the answer lies away from the commercial strains, at least in my case.

Yes. I agree with everything. I also enjoyed weed much better when I was a teenager and we bought ugly looking Ghana weed. When dutch strains became common here, everyone switched over to those, and getting blasted like that is not as enjoyable for me either. I don't have ptsd but have had anxiety issues quite often in the past, and high thc weed doesn't help at all. People used to recommend a strong indica to calm anxiety, but the strongest strains just made it worse. Some of us are more "lightweight" I guess.

For the last few years I've been growing different stuff that's lower in thc than the more commercial strains, and they work better for me. A low thc sativa hybrid like tikal or nepal jam will actually help me feel truly relaxed, instead of knocked out and anxious at the same time.

I also like selecting moms for fun and anxiolitic purposes, and I have found I am often keeping plants that don't hit as hard, and give away the most potent plants to my friends. They like those plants better, and the plant I kept for me they don't really like as much.

It really is a journey to find what strains work better for you I think, for those of us who juggle with anxiety or worse conditions like ptsd. In my case anxiety is not incapacitating, just a nuissance, but it is a relief in a way to read threads like this one and feel I'm not alone lol. It has taken me a very long time to realise I am looking for different stuff than most people I know as well. And still have a lot of searching to do. It is pretty clear the answer lies away from the commercial strains, at least in my case.
I feel the same way. I do like indicas for sure tho. I'm just not a fan of all the thc in the world compacted in one tiny flower. I deal with anxiety as well. If I went to a doctor I'm sure they would say I have ptsd. I grew caramelo from delicious seeds and kept it going to a few years. It was an excellent daytime smoke for me that didn't give me anxiety. I say was because I lost the mother and the other seeds I sprout don't seem to compare to the one I had. I wish I know the canabinoid profile of that plant. Still searching for something that helps. I did take a cutting of the caramelo but it was already in flower so we shall see if I can bring it back.

xet

Ok this question was made for me. Full discloser I own a wellness brand called The Raw Botanics Co. I have severe PTSD from a near death experience i have from being stabbed in the chest multiple times. I could not sleep, had night terrors all the time and have very bad anxiety. I could not find anything that worked for me other than a little more bourbon before bed - no joke i stared to drink way more than i should to try to solve the PTSD. I was started using CBN with CBD and this helped with my sleep, then started using CBC for anxiety this did help. Finally CBG + CBD and this became my one stop tool for everything PTSD. I have tried every flower and vape on the planet. If you want good CBG flower look for John Snow CBG strain. If you want a product that is a vape I would suggest Beboe "Inspired" 65% THC, ~12% CBG, ~7% CBD.. I don't use flower or vape anymore and the options were limited in Tinctures so I started making my own. What i figured out over many years of study and product testing was this. If you take very high quality CBG mix with CBD and pair it with select terpenes and other adaptogens like Functional Mushrooms you get an incredible result of these things working together for the same result, i think of it as an enhanced entourage effect. So my product has been doing really well and people like it. If you want to check it out you can do so here https://rawbotanics.com/collections/restore. If you have any questions contact me through the site or here i would be happy to discuss it. My PTSD is 20 years in and I was in a really bad place before i figured this out. - Hope this helps .
🙏

Latest posts

Latest posts