What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High cbd low thc clone only available in norcal?

C

CaliGabe

I hear there is a good cannatonic cut floating around. I see ads for it in OR. I don't know if it is low enough in thc for your uses though.
I think a friend in WA might have that same cut. I'm getting a sample of some shatter soon to try.

I've seen growers pluck plants early to lower the THC concentration and verifying this with lab tests.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
it really blows my mind that these cannabis clubs in cali say they are for medical purposes yet out of about 13 clubs I checked not a single one keeps cuts of high cbd strains.

C

CaliGabe

If you get a supposed high CBD cut I'd send finished flowers to a lab to verify legitimacy unless you are absolutely positive it's the real deal. For me I'd still have flowers tested cause not that expensive and see where it really ends up.

theJointedOne

Veteran
thats true, and a lot of times, you may be told a clone is a certain percentage of this or that cbd thc ect but when u get flowers tested u may find the numbers to be higher or lower than your expectations

OzzBozz

they had cuts of the acdc at peace in medicine in sebastopol, but since there gone :( also looking for the strain

i just dabbed some sour-tsunami shatter, very CBD Rich

C

CaliGabe

they had cuts of the acdc at peace in medicine in sebastopol, but since there gone :(
I remember a friend getting some clones of Master Kush from Harborside years back. I saw him grow them out and 3 different phenotypes of something not even close to MK.

Dankstang

I'm also looking for cbd rich strains
Anybody try these outdoor?

Love to know which ones are 1:1 and yield huge outside

Cannavore

Veteran
Sin City Seeds is coming out with AC/DC S1's called Thunderstruck, along with other fem CBD lines using reversed CBD clones.

C

CaliGabe

I just moved to CO from Cali and there's a cut here, can't remember the varietal, that has a 34:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Pretty sure it's being made available to the community freely in the state. I'm sure it will find it's way to Cali fairly soon.

theJointedOne

Veteran
After 45 days of cannabis high cbd treatment, so far the dog is doing great, considering. I have been giving her raw high cbd flowers, ground up, around 500-750mg a day of raw flower. I started with ac/dc flowers (which i am thinking is a cannatonic cut), but now she is on harlequin. I found (under no scientific means) she better responds to the harlequin, more than the ac/dc. The reason may be b/c the harlequin tested 6% higher on the cbd, than the ac/dc.

CaliGabe- I hope some growers in norcal can get their hands on a 34 to 1, that would bring much releaf to many folks, and animals too :)

I have no doubt that, sooner than later, we will have some amazing specimens which will provide some amazing healing properties. Access is the next step

C

CaliGabe

CaliGabe- I hope some growers in norcal can get their hands on a 34 to 1, that would bring much releaf to many folks, and animals too :)
I have a few friends in NorCal fiddling with a CBD project and currently using Harlequin. I'm helping them out a bit. I left Cali at the drop of a hat and need to get back at least once later this year to visit friends :biggrin:

Cannavore

Veteran
After 45 days of cannabis high cbd treatment, so far the dog is doing great, considering. I have been giving her raw high cbd flowers, ground up, around 500-750mg a day of raw flower. I started with ac/dc flowers (which i am thinking is a cannatonic cut), but now she is on harlequin. I found (under no scientific means) she better responds to the harlequin, more than the ac/dc. The reason may be b/c the harlequin tested 6% higher on the cbd, than the ac/dc.

I have no doubt that, sooner than later, we will have some amazing specimens which will provide some amazing healing properties. Access is the next step

Nice dude that's exactly what I'm doing with my pooch but with Bodhi's harlequin bx. Gonna put the males outside so they grow big so I can harvest the fan leaves.

GrowingHigher

Humboldt County Patient Resource Center in Arcata has the AC/DC cut. $10/clone.

I was happy to get my hands on it, though they were infested with mites. WTF, dropping the ball.

I bought some Harle-Tsu seed from grass, but it has varying chemotypes in the offspring, like cannatonic, so I need to test them when I grow them out. It seems its at least a second generation (F2) Harle-Tsu (listed as Harle-Tsu x Harle-Tsu). I believe they have tried to up the likelihood of high CBD offspring.

dustparticle

I just moved to CO from Cali and there's a cut here, can't remember the varietal, that has a 34:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Pretty sure it's being made available to the community freely in the state. I'm sure it will find it's way to Cali fairly soon.
wtffff where is this around the state?? have not seen or heard of this around at all. very interested tho.... LMK

theJointedOne

Veteran
its my understanding that you can test veg matter (i.e seedlings and clones ect) for signs of high cbd content, the benefit of which is faster selection for high cbd specimens

what those numbers end up translating into flower %'s i am not sure

GrowingHigher

its my understanding that you can test veg matter (i.e seedlings and clones ect) for signs of high cbd content, the benefit of which is faster selection for high cbd specimens

what those numbers end up translating into flower %'s i am not sure

Yes you can. The Percentages will be much lower than finished product, but the relative ratios should be about the same. So you can identify high CBD:THC ratio plants using vegetative material, rather quickly. It would be a lot less useful (useless perhaps) if you are trying to I.D. plants with high potency in the final product though (regardless of the cannabinoid desired)

30years

the only problem with predicative testing in veg for cbd expression is ratios like 1:2, 1:3, 1:4 cbd to thc may not remain that way all the way through flower. they usually revert to high thc instead. on ratios like those you have to test the flower to really know if it will remain.
i use predicative testing for high thc sifting of males too. high cbd, high thc easy to find. the specific ratio plants are tough.