What's new

High Alpine Guerilla Growing.......

rocky_mtns

awesome grow fast pine! i am planning on growing around 8300 feet, 39latitude, and this thread sure is inspiring. just gotta put as much work as you did into this and hopefully, hopefully, we'll get some results!

luciano28

Yeah this was one hell of a thread, read it from front to back for info on Swiss Miss. Id like to see his 2008 work too.

Oh and Fast_Pine if you're around, I talked to another grower who wasnt pleased with the Swiss Miss, she was from Maine, and just told me in a pm "I'll never grow it again" she didnt really get into why. So I got my fingers crossed for a long season this year. I got some photos of a couple in my gallery, the other 4 plants I visited and forgot my camera the other day, doh! I got one inside flowering, just as an experiment after I heard the bad reviews from you 2. it took 12 days from switching to 12/12 to see pistils and the stretch was huge. I'll never try a outdoor strain, indoor again, lol. Its too vigorous, hard to control it. I dont know we will see how it goes outside. I got some other tricks up my sleeve for this year though.

All the best to you and hope to see some work for 2008 from you soon!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
What an awesome totally flabbergastering work ! Big thumbs up Fast Pine !
:yes: :respect:

When is part 2 starting ??

Irie !

Fast_Pine

I appreciate the comments guys..I really do..I am so happy that you guys enjoyed the ride. alot has happened in the last nine months..

And as suspected, I do have a little garden this year...Got started a little late, the bulk of things were going out mid June,,,been planting all the way up until July, will keep planting for another 20 days..

Doing alot of work with the pumps this year. Been quite a bit more productive than last year, if things go well ,I have the potential to dwarf last years harvest..Doing things different, no water bed bladder,,,some cool new techniques...Im very excited. Time is flyyyyyyin by this summer..

Havent started the new thread because things are still small...Will probably start it soon..

Thanks for the support yall..
Im sending you good vibes from up high..

Last edited:

pineappaloupe

high altitude gardening is rough. judging by the surrounding veg, you are further south than I am. At 6000ft we have none, the cottonwoods dont start until 5000ft.
last frost average is june 10, average first frost is october 1.... real bad growin season. id like to try it here but i would probably need to select my genetics well to get a good crop

Fast_Pine

pineappaloupe said:
high altitude gardening is rough. judging by the surrounding veg, you are further south than I am. At 6000ft we have none, the cottonwoods dont start until 5000ft.
last frost average is june 10, average first frost is october 1.... real bad growin season. id like to try it here but i would probably need to select my genetics well to get a good crop
It sure is...yet it sems to add a mystical element to growing MJ...

Yeah, It buggs me that the cottonwoods arent up higher amongst the pine, juniper and pinon. Ive found a fiew scattered patches of cottonwoods at 6-7000 feet, but not much....They always seem to be in miost ground, ya know, like near the banks of the Rio Grande and along some mountain streams.. The thing that would scare me about planting near the cottonwoods would be that when they start to turn gold the plants beneath em will show..

You should try it next year man...You will be surprized at the results. Maby you could grow some Sweet Purple, or some Mendocino Madness. Those will be ready late September...

hamstring

Veteran
Fast_Pine said:
I appreciate the comments guys..I really do..I am so happy that you guys enjoyed the ride. alot has happened in the last nine months..

And as suspected, I do have a little garden this year...Got started a little late, the bulk of things were going out mid June,,,been planting all the way up until July, will keep planting for another 20 days..

Doing alot of work with the pumps this year. Been quite a bit more productive than last year, if things go well ,I have the potential to dwarf last years harvest..Doing things different, no water bed bladder,,,some cool new techniques...Im very excited. Time is flyyyyyyin by this summer..

Havent started the new thread because things are still small...Will probably start it soon..

Thanks for the support yall..
Im sending you good vibes from up high..

Great to hear FP cant wait to see the new techniques I learned a lot from the last thread.

Fast_Pine

The dungeon....Check the link in my sig for the sequel...Its well under way my man..

Thanks for the kind words..

Marshmello

GREAT GROW!

Close by geographically and I think that it is just AWESOME what you have achieved!

Excellent thread as well, good read & great flix.

I'm on my way to read pt.2!

Peace
:joint:

P

Paco

Aspens are a good bet, My plants bolted at the same time as th cottons woods one year, just held their leaves alittle longer. Dont know how i ve missed this thread. Well done fast pine!
Some friends of mine and i used to repel down the walls og the black canyon and plant. one guy tried this year in the upper rio, didn't work so well.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Damn, this thread is old but too good not to bump for the guerrillas coming up in the 2015 season... this thread is worth a read folks!

Latest posts

Latest posts