What's new

Hidden agenda for smart meters

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

This effectively hides the lights electrical signature from the smart meter. The smart meter will only see a battery being charged, it can't see what the battery is powering.

The surge is NOT what draws attention, it is the excessive usage of electricity.

And no UPS, Flip Flop or anything else is going to hide that excessive usage.

SOLAR ! I believe that's the future for me.

Once I go solar, I'm converting everything to electricity i.e. Instant water heater, electric car, electric motorcycle, electric stove, ect...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
If you want to be sure to fool a smartmeter you'll need to run your gear off a large online UPS.

A UPS capable of supporting 15kw costs $8,000.

And you're NOT gonna fool a smart meter with it since your usage is not going to go down.

And usage spikes the UPS is avoiding to show are not the main giveaway so you would be wasting your time & $$'s getting one for that purpose.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Smart meter will eventually tell the power company every appliance you are running in your house for selective advertising. They will know you are running a Maytag model xyz-1010 clothes washer, how old it is, and how much it is using... as well as every other appliance you own. They will know how often you use it. It is a way to audit your house for all sorts of illegal things - such as how much money you have in electricity using things. Probably know how many times your old lady uses her dildo and what time...they will then be able to sell the data to companies and likely furnish it to the government also. I think the UPS would work as it would just show batteries being charged...at least for awhile..

Only if the appliance is fitted with electronics to transmit that info to the smart meter.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
to me it would be alot more productive to spend 1 billion dollars on a new power plant so your not worried about being tapped out of power during the day....