What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HID Bhut Jolokia growlog ...

OZZ_

Veteran
Well, they are slower to grow then other peppers for sure, and certainly slower than cannabis.

Im getting mostly flower drop to and my temps are at 76 and Im certain theres not to much N going on.

Im not to worried about it. My outdoor ones seem to do that for awhile too and then start producing when they are ready. Im just going to keep feeding them and let them be for another few months. If they dont start doing something pretty spectacular by then Ill keep one or two plants but then Im going to plant a bunch of totem hybrid tomatoes and volcano peppers (a bananna pepper type) that I know will produce indoors. Ive grown these guys and they performed wonderfully!

As mentioned Ill give them another few months though.

OZZ_

Veteran
Pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2354.JPG
    IMG_2354.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 15

audioaddict

Apologies for jacking this thread.
Anyone know the optimal temps to grow Bhuts?
Temps 16 - 24 celcius

help ?

Ideal temps for fruit setting are said to be above 17 and below 36, 25C being ideal.
I'm just repeating that from a grow guide :tiphat:

Interesting to see Bhuts growing indoor, gonna have a read through :thank you:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm guessing it's like nuking your tongue... :D

Habs are hothothot but these are supposed to be some new universe of hothothot.

I'm also guessing this didn't help...

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill grow these out but i dont think i can eat them, the most i can handle are the red caribbean but these are like 4 or 5 time hotter

shit! props to you and anyone can eat stuff lol

i bet MMM eat em like cup cake all day lol

Space Toker

Veteran
I think Totally Tomatoes offers seeds now, thinking of trying it, but in both my infinite wisdom and ignorance, I will try them in pots, out and in a greenhouse and then inside if I have to, as all peppers are supposed to live many years if properly cared for. News to me, have only grown them as annuals so far, but with this tidbit of info, I will try and try again to get them to reach their potential!

edit: yes RS, I doubt I can eat them too but am up for the challenge! I could eat a whole habanero once, and I'd sweat and my face would tingle and sweat, but then it was a pleasant experience like it cleaned out my pores and made me new again! But later, I tried it and almost vomited from a couple small bites. But it is proven that caspicin is good for you, so I will try and try again to regain former glory or die trying! At least I can dry and grind it into pepper flakes as I did with the habenero and enjoy a slow burn over a long period! It is good for stomach ailment I hear and I have plenty of those among a whole host of other ailments. So we will see!

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey guys, sorry I havent updated in a bit, Ill do a proper update soon Ive gotta rush out the door as of now.

They arent doing a whole lot, Ive gotten four peppers is all.... I not really sure whats going on as of now but Ill get back with the details.

OH ..... and the word habanero shouldnt even be used in the same sentance as the bhut.

Thats like entering a mini cooper into a drag race.

Make sure you get legit bhut seeds, theres LOTS of hybrids being passed off as bhuts. Go to NSMU to order seeds if you want to be assured of proper genetics.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
y3eah or you could always visit Thai Land, its chillies heaven there, i think this ghost came from that sweet land...

looking sweet OZZ

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I think Totally Tomatoes offers seeds now, thinking of trying it, but in both my infinite wisdom and ignorance, I will try them in pots, out and in a greenhouse and then inside if I have to, as all peppers are supposed to live many years if properly cared for. News to me, have only grown them as annuals so far, but with this tidbit of info, I will try and try again to get them to reach their potential!....

Have you bought seeds from Totally Tomatoes before? Are they a reliable and safe website? I'd like to get some hot pepper seeds but I'd like to avoid getting ripped off.

I just checked their website and it looks nice but they don't list how many seeds come in each package...LOL

:tiphat:

BillFarthing

Veteran
I would go to the source and order from the Chili Pepper Institute at NMSU who is trying to breed a better Jolokia. Or I have had good luck with the service at "Pepper Joe's".

Limeygreen

Veteran
It came from India I believe. If you want to try and promote setting try to not let it go below 17-18 and raise the day temp a little bit or for longer especially towards the end of the day. Average around 24 degrees for the day and try and get some air circulation if they show flowers but wont set, I had lots of problems last year that nothing really wanted to show flowers inside in 1 gallon but planted in the ground they took off fast, although I over fertilized them too.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I would go to the source and order from the Chili Pepper Institute at NMSU who is trying to breed a better Jolokia......

Thank you very much! I just ordered 3 packs of the Bhuts from the university, problem solved! :jump:

OZZ_

Veteran
Pepper joes have had a lot of unhappy people because their bhuts arent real bhuts. Ive read several different threads on the matter. When their is an educational facility researching chilli peppers, why would you try to find guarenteed genetics elsewhere?

NMSU is king.

Latest posts

Latest posts