What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi. How much grow space needed for a pound?

icetek

Will these grow tents cover it? What lighting would be ideal? I looked at Amazon and found some selection but am unsure of the best bargain or what is quality.. If I could get a floor space per pound estimate that would be cool.

splinter7

i get 50g/sqft. so, 9 or 10 should be good. i run 10 plants at a time. veg for 7 weeks from sprout. using 2 x S33 at 270w each. 5ft tent, so yield could be more with more height.

GrayZone

Will these grow tents cover it? What lighting would be ideal? I looked at Amazon and found some selection but am unsure of the best bargain or what is quality.. If I could get a floor space per pound estimate that would be cool.

As this is posted under new growers, I suppose you are one. Hence, I'd say, there's much more to that question than just space. Genetics for a starter, then your whole setup, your skills...

splinter7

like GrayZone said, genetics can be influential. However, i run 10 different strains each time varying from wide to narrow leaf types (indica/hybrid/sativa) and I average 50g/plant. some give over 70g and some just 30g. i get the biggest harvests are on hybrids, like 60/40 indica dom, but it could be strain/plant specfiic. even within a strain there is variance.

PCBuds

I grow a single plant in a 21"X21"X48" tall closet.

My last plant weighed over a pound.

20210315-103748.jpg

Another plant the year before,..

20210815_163633.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-055513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That all depends on the size of the container the water you use and the amount of light wattage you have.,