What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi from Missouri USA -- Input Appreciated

mouldypizza41

Hey, Everyone. I'm a first time grower (DWC in a 4x2 tent w a 2x2 300w light) here to learn as much as I can about this process. I'm posting this intro mainly to ask what you all think I should grow next given my use case. I don't smoke at all or own a vape (although I'll hit a pen occasionally) because I find tend to get way too high, way too fast. I make an alcohol based tincture by decarbing and steeping flower for a month. I then count drops to get the desired effect depending on the concentration of that batch.

I would like to have two bottles of tincture on hand, one to get up and go and another to put me on the couch. I'm growing the get up and go strain right now (Squirt from Humboldt Seed Co Sativa Dominant (20% Indica 80% Sativa), Functional Energetic High, Gorgeous Purple and Green Buds, Avg. THC 20%, Bx5). I'm interested in suggestions on next grow and any input at all, really.

mouldypizza41

My progress to date

Attachments

• PXL_20240325_161822312.jpg
    PXL_20240325_161822312.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240325_161819709.jpg
    PXL_20240325_161819709.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

Old Piney

Welcome ! your plants look like they are off to a good start. I'm a bit of a lightweight with THC as well but I find the opposite. I'm far off better smoking a little than ingesting , for me it's way to easy to over do it and not know till it's to late. I like smoke with a mix of THC and CBD for every day use

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Pizza 🍕 !!!

ooops, tincture

Never made, just reading about it.
I'll be trying it in a near future.

Step 1
Decarboxylate your cannabis. Because no heat is involved in the tincture-making process, you’ll need to activate your buds if you want an intoxicating effect from THC. You’ll need a baking tray, parchment paper, and flower.

To decarboxylate:

Your cannabis should be ground and/or broken down for maximum surface area. Set your oven to between 220-240ºF (going too high will burn away cannabinoids) and lay the cannabis flower on the parchment paper on the tray. Let bake for 30 minutes to no more than an hour—any longer will cook all the good stuff away.

You can leave the plant raw if you prefer to harness the non-intoxicating benefits of THCA and CBDA, the acidic forms of THC and CBD. You may see better results if you grind the bud beforehand.

Step 2
Pour your base and cannabis into a mason jar at your desired ratio; an eighth of cannabis to 3 fl oz solvent yields a fairly mellow and buildable dose. Cut the base amount or increase flower amount by ⅓ for a more potent effect; there needs to be enough of your base for the cannabis to be totally submerged. Stir the contents well.

Step 3
Store your tincture mixture in a cool dry place for at least four weeks, shaking and/or stirring once a day. This agitation helps the base liquid better soak into the flower.

Step 4
Over time, the plant’s cannabinoids and terpenes will dissolve (alcohol) or infuse (glycerin) with the base. A longer steep time will yield a more potent tincture.

Strain the mixture through a coffee filter or cheesecloth to remove all plant matter. What you’ll be left with is a dark liquid full of weedy goodness, ready to dose.

Full article on Leafly, just click here

Katrak

Hey, Everyone. I'm a first time grower (DWC in a 4x2 tent w a 2x2 300w light) here to learn as much as I can about this process. I'm posting this intro mainly to ask what you all think I should grow next given my use case. I don't smoke at all or own a vape (although I'll hit a pen occasionally) because I find tend to get way too high, way too fast. I make an alcohol based tincture by decarbing and steeping flower for a month. I then count drops to get the desired effect depending on the concentration of that batch.

I would like to have two bottles of tincture on hand, one to get up and go and another to put me on the couch. I'm growing the get up and go strain right now (Squirt from Humboldt Seed Co Sativa Dominant (20% Indica 80% Sativa), Functional Energetic High, Gorgeous Purple and Green Buds, Avg. THC 20%, Bx5). I'm interested in suggestions on next grow and any input at all, really.

Katrak

ur plants look healthy buddy...remember KISS method..keep it simple stupid. thats a rule ov thumb i was quoted 18-20years ago..remember its called WEED coz it grows like one happy growing my friend

Katrak

Welcome ! your plants look like they are off to a good start. I'm a bit of a lightweight with THC as well but I find the opposite. I'm far off better smoking a little than ingesting , for me it's way to easy to over do it and not know till it's to late. I like smoke with a mix of THC and CBD for every day use
yeah i agree. eating it gets u super smashed.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Welcome my friend, Deepwaterdude is s person you will want to find threads of. There's a lot of information posted on that style of growing.
Tinctures are fun to experiment with and use different bases. Reach out to any mentor or veteran with questions 🤔 we will be happy to help find answers.
Peace farmerlion

Potads

Welcome ! I'm new around here also, turn back, turn back now before it's to late !!!

Other than that enjoy your stay :cool: