What's new

HH Spray 2.0 + LED Tubes + BrandX Seeds

babelfish

InformationNo results found for "Primer Field" site:physorg.com.

while this is not conclusive, i would have expected legitimate science to be there.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Based on observations from first video, I placed the magnets in opposition, which feels like a stronger force than attraction, but after watching The Primer, where the energies meeting in the middle come to a point, so, I reversed them which required using a spacer to keep them apart.

Just finished watching Part 1. Will look at your links now.

I consider myself more intuitive than scientist, but understand the need for scientific data collection

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growth is so explosive, I have to restrain from posting daily pics

The HH Rings are 6" diameter.

2 of the plants are already wider, 4 are almost at the edge. The small G13 is lagging, but I think/hope it's a male

I swapped its' position with Sophia so she could get max light

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taken this morning

IMG_1794.jpg IMG_1795.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pH

pH

I used to be super conscientious about pH, though I would let it swing between ~ 5.8-6.1

During veg I rarely test, as typically it is stable

My RO water is 7.3. I made up fresh nutes to 450, resulted in 6.5 pH

I decided to check my rez - 6.8, that's high according to all books I have read, but, plants are very happy so if it ain't broke, I ain't a fixin it

Thinking out loud, I know that as ppms increase pH drops, so MAYBE, higher is better for veg, will see about flowering

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While rearranging the LED tent plants I noticed that the base I was using to support the tray was broken. I had to take everything out to replace it, so I took 2 photos + one from upstairs

The pic with 2 plants are the G13 x WWs, the other pic is from seeds I made from original BrandX seeds WH x WW (M + F)

The HOT5 tent upstairs has the 2 smallest WH. They just weren't getting enough light in the led tent. That forced my hand to move them even though I did not have the additional pump and HH Ring to make another Flooming RR Rez. Note 3 air stones in the bucket as a temporary appeasement

I think the one in the back is a male. If so, I will pull it and move a WH x female in there. There's a good chance 4/5 are females, hoping for a variety from which to choose clones

3 WH x Top Shot.jpg G13 x Top Shot.jpg Upstairs System (1).jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I managed 31gms of uber dry and virtually stem free bud from the WH clones. I gave ~ 8gms away as a payment to a friend, so closer to 40gms. Scale Pics will be posted on my previous thread

Just a couple pics today

HOT5

The Reveg is not making it, which is fine, cause I need the space for one of the girls from the rockin LED tent. She didn't have much of a chance due to a couple lower branches getting broken right at the trunk

LED

One of the WH has put on a growth spurt almost equal to Sophia

I rearranged the A19s yesterday (something I should have done in the beginning) from WW/WW + NW/NW to WW/NW + WW/NW) + the closest of the 2 LED tubes is NW/5000K the other WW/3000K

Thinking when to turn on the other 2 tubes (on the far side of the A19s), which are both WW

They have been under 20/4. When should I lower to 18/6? I'm thinking soon, but maybe due to lack of radiant heat,, 20/4 is fine/better/best. Anybody?

IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1804.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spent a couple hours this morning finalizing the upstairs set up with 3rd HH Ring + High Performance Rez. I have noticed that with 3 HH Rings that a larger pump than 250 gph is in order. The 320gph I am using in my led tent is fine for 3 rings

You might notice the net pot lid diameter is much wider than I need, (but the tripod legs require 6" net pot). A lot will depend on how bushy the plants get, but hoping to push to 4-6 plants...

I am testing whether the 4 liter APs are beneficial. I had really good results in one-liter APs in my very first DIY using low mist heads in pvc, even though they were only getting ~ 20% of the spray during each feeding. However, that showed me how little nutes a plant needs when growing in Lava Rock and fed from the top.

I switched to river rocks only because of the granular residue as the LRs slowly break down. No negative issues, it just bothered me to see a gritty tray

I am already thinking to get one-gallon jugs where spout is in the center and cut them down to where they channel 100% of each feeding into the AP. Also need longer tripod legs, all cheap DIY.

Each rez has ~ 10g of nutes. The led rez is been consuming 1g+ per day already, and the plants are pretty small, so I'm expecting to be mixing nutes daily. After the first 2G it takes 4 hours to pull another 2g, without installing a Booster pump, another expense but then 20g per day will be no problem

Pics in a couple hours- camera battery charging

Also had small hiccup with plants not getting enough water to their roots in the HOT5 tent. Hand-feeding every half hour until root system expands wider

LED tent plants seem to have stalled height-wise, but have wonderful full canopy

IMG_1806.jpg IMG_1807.jpg

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DIY How to Solve One liter AP Problem

DIY How to Solve One liter AP Problem

It occurred to me that my 5ft tent will be too short for 3ft+ plants, especially when using 4 liter APs (see pic size comparison), so I have to go with 1 liter APs if I am to grow to harvest in my led tent

Getting the nutes inside each one liter AP has been an issue as the Hydro Halo Rings have a larger diameter.

I found a simple & cheap solution that should be employed from the get go, but I managed to adapt

The Dollar Store sells a pack of 4 @ 7 " Jiffy Foil aluminum pans which are perfect for the 6" HH Rings. The tripod legs (still need to get longer legs) fit inside the bottom flat surface, so the whole pan can slide up and over the rings, thereby keeping 100% of each feeding inside the one liter AP.

I used a small drill bit to punch a bunch of holes to spread the nutes across the ~4" top surface of the AP.

Since my plants are already too big to slip the pan over, I cut it almost in half, then tied the 2 ends together

IMG_1808.jpg 1 ltr AP v 4 ltr AP.jpg IMG_1809.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOT5 Tent Update

HOT5 Tent Update

HOT5 Tent Update

Leafs have been a pale green under 2 Quantum Grow + 2 UVL Aquasun. I looked at their spectral graphs and noted both are heavy blue, so late yesterday, I replaced one Q Grow with a Q Bloom. This morning the plants are much greener, so I replaced the other Q Grow with another Q Bloom

My DIY to capture more nutes into the center has paid off.

Thinking to eliminate the net pot lids and push the 7" Jiffy Pans inside the 4 liter APs. This will free up enough space for at least one more 4 liter AP.

I need to do the same Jiffy Pot in my led tent

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally: Nute Delivery Under Control

Finally: Nute Delivery Under Control

One of the difficulties was due to attempting to use 1 liter APs, whose diameter is too small for HH Ring, the other from trying to use the net pot lids, whose lip diameter is too big for more than 3 plants + whose height is too tall for my 5ft LED tent.

1 liter APs

Due to the flexible 1/2" tubing keeping the rings parallel above the AP has been challenging, but the 7" Jiffy Pans pretty much solved that (see pics)

4 liter APs

Height is not an issue in my HOT5 tent, but surface area is. After removing the net pot lids, I had to remove some of the lava rock in order to get the top of the one liter AP below the lip of the 4 liter AP, then, use 7" Jiffy Pans inside (see pic)

When using the HH Rings, or any ring for that matter, it is difficult to get equal distribution of nutes. The tube closest to the pump gets the least amount of nutes. Those 2 plants were both were wilting

By placing one o/o valve in- line, between # 2 & 3 feeder tubes I am able to close down the nutes flowing to the end (# 3) thus getting more nutes to #1 & 2. Both # 1 plants are now regaining their turgid shade leafs. It took me 3 days to figure out

Plants are ~ 7" tall x 8-12" across, thick with undergrowth. When I moved the 1 liter APs out of the net pot lids roots were projecting out near the bottom. Also seeing roots at the bottom of # 1 in the 1 liter AP

IMG_1812.jpg IMG_1813.jpg IMG_1814.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news, feeding system modifications are working fine

HOT5

Yesterday I added a Wave Point Coral Wave to the back side, partially reflecting off the wall. Once girls hit mid-flower I will move it closer to the middle, and possibly add a second CW. Also added a Zoomed Florosun, so total watts now 324. That will have a major impact on growth, however, the 4 bulbs (216w) already has a much bigger canopy, but only a tad taller than the led tent, which is doing quite well, too

LED After taking this morning's pic, I replaced the 22w NW tube with 18w WW.

One issue I needed to resolve was angle of led tube face. It dawned on me how to quickly angle the fixture, thus aiming all the WW directly at the plants. Plants were not getting anywhere near full benefit of the ~80 tube watts. That adjustment will pay big dividends. Need to aim the second fixture also.

Sigh, partner has not ordered the 2 x 2 @ 60w panels yet.

Trying to keep rez ppms < 500, but plants are consuming 0.5-1.0 gallons of water per day due to evaporation

[/COLOR]
LED Group.jpg

HOT5 Group.jpg HOT5 Close Up WHx.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LED Tubes v Panels

LED Tubes v Panels

Tubes v Panels

First, Asia is calling them panels.

Although they are similar in execution (converting energy to light), they are quite simplistic compared to what mj light companies are making. Many of you know I am forming a partnership to retrofit panels in medical and dental offices.

In searching, wattage ranges from 32w-70w per 2 x 2.

Since angling the 2 fixtures I am getting much better coverage DOH, but certainly no where near uniform over 2 x 4. Hard to imagine I didn't resolve this last grow, let alone up until now
wall.gif
I probably left a good ounce unaccounted for

The 35w (link below) is only 3watts more than my 4 tubes, but the coverage of those watts is almost homogenous over the entire 2 x 4 space, which I intuit pays bigger dividends. So 1 @ 70w could be super sweet. FYI, the panels can be ordered with an optional hanging system, simply wrap the hanging wire over the top of the tent frame and raise as needed. SWEET!
smoking.gif

Imagine 4 @ 0.25w, each engine spread only far enough from one another for the resultant light to remain uniform (~ COB), will take up ~ 4xs the footprint of a one watt engine

I'll be posting new pics in a few...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super...059723954.html

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

I have only bumped nutes until today, but due to HOT5 leafs still being on the pale sides, I I decided to dump, clean and provide fresh nutes ~ 450ppm to both rezes

LED tent seems to have the edge now that the plants are getting all that the tubes can give. See comparison of 2 biggest girls. Paddle is 11.5", both have massive undergrowth

Note hand under leaf. Discoloration of veins/leaf which is why I cleaned the rez. This did improve after replacing the Grow bulbs, but...

HOT5

After taking these pics, I added another ZooMed Florosun and another Coral Wave, so full compliment of 8 bulbs

IMG_1818.jpg IMG_1821.jpg IMG_1822.jpg

LED
IMG_1824.jpg IMG_1825.jpg

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yippers.

The result of starting out with all elements functioning well. That said, adjustments were/are still being made.

Last grow I did not get the led tubes until 15 days into 12/12. This time as soon as the seedlings were big enough to handle more light, in they went. The undergrowth is amazing

Just a few days ago I figured out how to DIY angle the 2 @ 2 tube led fixtures so the plants now get 100% of what they offer

~ 115w of leds is neck and neck with 320 w of exotic HOT5s. Just added 2 more to the HOT5 tent, now 428w

Spray set up no where near ideal, but good enough. Will resolve that for future grows by using 3.5" net pots for seedlings. (I was too cheap to spend $15 for a large hole saw)

Several years ago I had similar results during veg with my HPA system, but without a controlled environment maintaining it was impossible.