What's new

Hermie Hunting With Karma Genetics (Biker Kush V2.0)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Lots of nice growing tips on these ladies.

picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
Sweet...... looking forward to seeing your results. BK plants smell very interesting...

b-safe..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Sweet...... looking forward to seeing your results. BK plants smell very interesting...

b-safe..

Thanks man, mine aren't putting off any smells yet, only day 15 of flower.

They are looking great! Best BKV2.0 specimen so far(last pic). Mine are ugly as hell but pumping out some kushy goodness!

Thank you Catfish Billy. Well they were looking great. For some reason I thought I could bump their feed up to 600 ppm(EC 1.2), silly me, burned the hell out of them once again.

These are the most food hatin bitches I've ever encountered. At this point I just hope I get some smoke from them.

gmanwho

Veteran
Thanks man, mine aren't putting off any smells yet, only day 15 of flower.

Thank you Catfish Billy. Well they were looking great. For some reason I thought I could bump their feed up to 600 ppm(EC 1.2), silly me, burned the hell out of them once again.

These are the most food hatin bitches I've ever encountered. At this point I just hope I get some smoke from them.

mine stink an there still in veg, most of my " better" cuts smell in veg is what im getting at. an no need to rub stalk or leaf either.
Distinct smell that i smelled in some lucifer f2's that will cary over from veg to dried buds. The BK, the lucifer f2's, Heads casey jones, an karmas Happy brother are all i can recall having this. An all are good. rub the stalk a little, smell the area, smell your hand, almost new electronic smelling??
Curious what nutes u are using that they cant handle 600ppm?
b-safe

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
mine stink an there still in veg, most of my " better" cuts smell in veg is what im getting at. an no need to rub stalk or leaf either.
Distinct smell that i smelled in some lucifer f2's that will cary over from veg to dried buds. The BK, the lucifer f2's, Heads casey jones, an karmas Happy brother are all i can recall having this. An all are good. rub the stalk a little, smell the area, smell your hand, almost new electronic smelling??
Curious what nutes u are using that they cant handle 600ppm?
b-safe

Canna coco nutes.

RO water, calmag to 200 ppm, A&B to 500 ppm seems to be all they will take. Last feed I backed down to 400 ppm.

Also turned my Gavita down to 600 as it was just scorching the leaves 1000 watt 3 feet away. I'll get a new pic or two tonight.

I grew Karma's Brotherhood OG a little while ago and they had a definite stank in veg, from seedlings actually. These, nothing at all.

gmanwho

Veteran
Canna coco nutes.

RO water, calmag to 200 ppm, A&B to 500 ppm seems to be all they will take. Last feed I backed down to 400 ppm.

Also turned my Gavita down to 600 as it was just scorching the leaves 1000 watt 3 feet away. I'll get a new pic or two tonight.

I grew Karma's Brotherhood OG a little while ago and they had a definite stank in veg, from seedlings actually. These, nothing at all.

I stopped using coco awhile ago, but then realized it turned bad cause i kept recycling it. no matter how much zyme or flushing after awhile it just went bad, always having issues, lockout here, something not being absorbed there. Add buffers to get it there!! Tried it again few months back.
reassured my previous thought of promix for moms an hydroton anything going into flower . just an input thought.
to each is own, but man did i have random issues with coco. canna botainicare or gh head formula. one plant was this issue an then the other next to it was happy. even with clones!!. Looking forward to seeing the bk's late flower. Keep up the good work third an B-safe!!!!

gmanwho

Veteran
Third, im sure you do, but do you test your run-off?? Ya i heard the gavitas can be pretty intense!!! Are those the gavita Dual socket bulbs?????

b-safe

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey gmanwho, thanks.

Yeah the double ended Phillips Greenpower. They are very intense for sure. Gavita recommends keeping 3 feet between bulb and plant and I see why. For this run I overvegged so I'm now running them at 600 cause I'm out of head room.

Haven't checked runoff in a bit although I suppose it would be wise.

I've had good luck with coco before this room. This is only my 2nd run in it. My last room was 3x600 so a bit of a step up.

Got in last night and cleaned up the under growth and the smell finally hit me. Yep, reminiscent of good uncut yayo lol.

Well after the one feeding at 1.2 that they didn't like they were fed at 0.9 and the next day back to looking great lol, except the damage that was already done. Funny how sensitive and quick to turn around one way or the other they are.

Didn't have a chance to get pics, will try tonight when I'll be putting their trellis on them, they are pretty viney and flimsy.

gmanwho

Veteran
Ya man, def check your run off.. I know some who dont feed every watering with coco or promix. shit builds up in the medium. An it makes sense. Thats why i always run hydroton which has minimal build up.

An this is in no way against you on the gavita, against the company in a way. one would think that if you have 1000 watt bulb burning, and you know you need to keep the plants 3 ft away with a gavita, doesnt that indicate to us as a consumer that you are basically wasting energy. Cause it is proven that say every ft your away from the bulb u loose say 20% of the light intensity? and then 3ft away it may be 50% less powerfull.

so why burn a 1000 -1100 watts of energy when you could burn almost half that with a 600 an keep the bulb inches away from the plant???
I've always been an advocate for more bulbs at less intensity. an i think this kinda proves it.. atleast to me , again. been running multiple 600's for years now. an while my 1000 produces slightly bigger buds an more weight per hood. i'd still go with my 600's any day. or say 3 600's vs 2 1000's.
just rambling . an i will say for sure you are bringing the best bk's to the table so far with the bk 2.0 testing.

Its crazy how when your light gets more intense, then you add co2, how drastically demanding your plant becomes to the root system. The environment becomes so demanding that eveything needs to be perfect in order for the plant just to keep up an exhibit no deficiencies. i dont think as a whole anything outside of hydro can keep up with a demanding light system. just rambiling again.. an again... lol b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Ohh ya, been meaning to ask. what are those blue dial looking things on the airpots?? Ya the bk's do smell like good white.. lol

b-safe

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Checked the runoff last night and it was fine at an EC of 1.0. That's what I've been feeding so no serious build up going on.

I'm not really sure what it is these plants don't like. One thing I do know is if I keep the feedings at <1.0 they respond great, as soon as I try to go over it I get this.

picture.php

I guess I'll just keep the feedings low and see what I get.

gmanwho- Those blue things are the screws that hold the airpots together. They come flat and you have to roll them up and they're held together with two of them.

Well here are the latest pics of my ladies.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh yeah, I got the trellis finished after those shots so they have netting now. I'm guessing these stems will not support the weight of the buds later in life.

K

Karma Genetics

Do you use Cal Mag roots ?

Most OG's realy need that to do good. They eat it like candy.

When you dont that is proberly the missing link, as i feed mine way above 1.0 ec. I go to 1.9/2.0 in top flower.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Do you use Cal Mag roots ?

Most OG's realy need that to do good. They eat it like candy.

When you dont that is proberly the missing link, as i feed mine way above 1.0 ec. I go to 1.9/2.0 in top flower.

I do use cal/mg with every watering but maybe not enough. I'll slowly up the dosage and see how they respond.

I've always just used around 2-3 ml's, maybe with the increased light and co2 they need more.

Still doing some fine tuning with this new room. It's taking a bit to get used to the amped up environment.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Upped the calmag and that seems to have done the trick. Girls got their shiny coat back and their tails are a wagging.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And most importantly, no balls that I can see! I can't check every node but I've looked and no male parts to be seen.

They seem very stable as far as pheno expression goes, the three are all the same as far as I can tell so far. A bit o lemon in there but mostly fuel.

Could def call these yayo g.

Alpen rock

Lookin real good in here, despite the stress phase :)

Yayo OG lol...looking frward to a proper smoke report on these Biker Kush, cannot find one.

Thks for sharing Third Coast!:thank you:

++

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Lookin real good in here, despite the stress phase :)

Yayo OG lol...looking frward to a proper smoke report on these Biker Kush, cannot find one.

Thks for sharing Third Coast!:thank you:

++

All on purpose of course, what's a test without the stress?;)

TC, Yours are looking better than most of mine but I gave mine a really rough ride.

What week of flower are you on?

Thanks. Mine have not had it easy either brother.

Last pics were day 28.:tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well I only got three females but they are all identical. No genetic drift here. Seems to be a good back cross.

Looking good at day 35

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Man THird your Bikers are doing great! Ur right they are all pretty uniform, only diff i found was one of mine had more frost than others(Your first pic looks like it), def not the frostiest strain tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts