What's new

Hermie day 55 of flowering! 150W HPS,bagseed

krompir

Hi again.Here is my only plant and she went hermie on me on week 5 of flowering i think. Today is a day 55 of flowering, so i wonder how long does it needs until harvest? 1 week , 2 weeks....more ? I dont have microscop or something like that,so i asking somebody here to tell me how long should i wait?
thnx

Attachments

• DSC03833.jpg
    DSC03833.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03832.jpg
    DSC03832.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03835.jpg
    DSC03835.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03836.jpg
    DSC03836.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03823.jpg
    DSC03823.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6

Jbonez

Veteran
best I can guess from the pics, Id go another week, you may find some premature seeds, but I doubt its anything to fret over.. Looks chunky!

You got any light leaks? And are you sure? Only thing I can think of bro...

jd4083

Veteran
If you don't have anything else in the room at risk for pollination, your best bet is just to let the plant finish. At least that way you'll have fully developed, mature beans to plant in the future, and your herb will be much better overall. Nothing sucks more than putting in all of the effort and time required to grow quality bud and then cutting it early.

I know you're looking for somebody to tell you how long that plant has, but there is no way for anyone to do that based only upon a photo on an internet forum. Go spend $15 at radioshack for a lighted microscope or ~$20 at any number of stores (or online) for a jeweler's loupe and take a look.

To my eye, your plant has quite some time left...at least a week or two. That said, it's very difficult to say for sure with only a couple of photos, and the only person who can really ascertain how far along the plant is...is you.

Just remember that if you don't have anything else running, you have no reason to cut that plant any earlier than necessary. You will KNOW when it's done. That last week or two is where the buds go from pretty nice to stinky, fat, knobby donkey dicks, and if you cut early you will sorely regret it.

bigAl25

Veteran
I'd wait until the leaves turn yellow from the plant using up all the nutirents for bud development. Yes, the radio shack microscope for $15 is the real deal. You can take a look at the plants I cut down this week for a photo to gauge your plants against. Peace and respect.

krompir

thnx for the answers guys.Yea its only plant and yes i will let it finish.I think atleast 2 more weeks to go.So i guess ill buy microscope when my pay day comes ,becouse im a little broke now :), so i need to wait 10 days .
btw there is not a lots of seeds and some of them are pretty big by now.
I had light leak in my previous box, thats why i think she went hermie on me. I have new grow box now with no light leaks.
Btw will those seeds be usefull?

thnx and sorry for my bad english

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would go with a 45x scope with LED light, around $5 shipped from ebay or amazon. just type in 45x scope and a bunch will show up. I have a 30x loupe I got from ebay for $5 shipped and it is ok too. It is hard to hold the stronger scopes steady. You need at least 30x though.

Look at the calyx for trichs and not the sugar leaves as they mature faster. I would let the plant fully mature no matter seeds or not as was said. I had nanners on all my plants last run and had no seeds from them, so if you have same type of thing, you could still be seedless. I want to see at least 10% amber before harvest but others will just want to see some cloudy trichomes. More amber it is the more relaxed the high.

krompir

Ill get one for sure. Here are some digital camera closeup. Not good quality but you can see some trichs there.Mostly clear some of them cloudy i think:) .What do you think guys? Or you cant tell nothing from those pictures. Thnx again

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are close as the pistils are brown and withered but no amber trichomes that I see.

microbrewer9

Dude that looks great for a first time grow! The hermie aspect sucks, it was probably the result of stress ie light nutrient imbalance etc. But the fact that you manipulated that kind of growth and developement out of it is impressive for a first time, well done!

krompir

Thnx. Cant wait to smoke some mature buds from it.My goal is 50grams dryx from this one, and i hope it will be:) . Just that i dont know when to harvest, becouse i dont have magnifier and can afford it a.t.m. 8 days until pay day ,then i will buy one, and i hope it wont be to late,becouse i want just 20- max 30% amber and 70-80 milky:)

krompir

Can anybody rate trichomes from those pictures? its crappy quality but you can see some trichs there. They look cloudy to me. How long should i wait until harvest ? I started to flush today, or its to soon?

Attachments

• g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 9
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 4
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 7
  • g1a.jpg
    g1a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9

krompir

And picture of a plant

edit: im planing to chop it next sunday. What do you think ?

Thnx too all

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03938.jpg
    DSC03938.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6

serious6

im an outdoor breeder and what a lot of people do not know is that the marijuana plant has a built in genetic survival trait.

this means in a field of 20 females; 1 or 2 plants will develope pollen sacs to pollenize the others to reproduce and this is not HERMIE and will not show in the seeds. this also works in reverse. sometimes only 1 plant will self pollenate; sometimes the pollen spreads.

just cut off the male flowers/pollen sacs and continue. lookin good

Wth just one plant I would think you could be picking the male parts off before they emit pollen. I think in a week or 10 days you will have no problem with 50 gms. dry.....

krompir

Thnx for replys guys. Im plucking male parts ( bananas) almost every day, but still i did get some pollenized buds, but not a lot seeds for now.
serious6 so you say thats not a hermie? intresting
Green and Gold i will be very happy with 50grams dry, if its gonna be more then i will scream, hehe :)

edit:Sorry for my crappy english

serious6

dont breed it, toss the seeds and do not take clones. but the bud should be good. any seeded bud, roll over a plastic backed screen and catch the kif, throw the seeds away or gift to an enemy. better to discard, smoke the kif and small trim mixed.

krompir

Can somebody confirm, that trichomes on those pictures look mostly cloudy? Im a first time grower ,so im not so sure about this. Thnx

Latest posts

Latest posts