What's new

Hermaphrodite seeds good or bad?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a plant is very very special. Then it's worth making S1's from! ... Don't worry about it reversing, just count yourself lucky you found such a special plant. ..

So. Your special plant reverses easily without any spraying. .. that's not a problem! ...the best way to stop reversals in progeny is to look through the S1 seeds and find a plant that displays similar traits but is hardier and wont reverse so easily ..

There is a high level of chance that in your S1 seeds is exactly the plant you will want to keep and mother for years

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I'm running through some seeds that are from a stress hermie onto a fem. So far of 13 seeds all are girls except 1 male that i couldn't clone and a couple runts that got culled before sexing. Gonna have to reverse the best one and self it and it's siblings. This one is a dead ringer for the mom. Maybe pop some more seeds from the male side and do a bx/ic

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm running through some seeds that are from a stress hermie onto a fem. So far of 13 seeds all are girls except 1 male that i couldn't clone and a couple runts that got culled before sexing. Gonna have to reverse the best one and self it and it's siblings. This one is a dead ringer for the mom. Maybe pop some more seeds from the male side and do a bx/ic

You got a male did ya?
That's one of those plants I'd like to see how it tests genetically... you know... see if it's XX or XY.
Results should be interesting.

igrowone

Veteran
You got a male did ya?
That's one of those plants I'd like to see how it tests genetically... you know... see if it's XX or XY.
Results should be interesting.

i had a male pop out of my S1 grows
it never did throw any pollen, kind of a sexless beast

ok for looking for a mom ,,bad for productions runs.....yeehaw

production runs????? wtf?

I thought we were all personal growers....lol,,,just kidding :tiphat:

i have a few vials of some killer ?seeds from a headband and a Chem

1 headband?seed i tested was the single best of 32 plants i just finished....limey og funk and max trichs coverage from a RP Sour Kush aka Headband if it matters

Dblbogey

Harvested, dried and cured my GSM week ago.

This a.m., as I'm jarring the nugs, several seeds fell out. Combing thru the rest of the nugs on the branch and them the rest of them, I couldn't find anymore.

What does that mean when a dozen seeds fall out of a supposedly Fem plant, pretty much confined to one branch?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a good point.

It does seem a lot of plants showing easy reversals also have good Terps and a good high

igrowone

Veteran
Harvested, dried and cured my GSM week ago.

This a.m., as I'm jarring the nugs, several seeds fell out. Combing thru the rest of the nugs on the branch and them the rest of them, I couldn't find anymore.

What does that mean when a dozen seeds fall out of a supposedly Fem plant, pretty much confined to one branch?

one male rooster can do that
drops its pollen and nails whatever is underneath
so a 'light' hermie, better than a heavy hermie

I know this thread is a bit old but im doing another round of these this year because they came out straight purple fire really nice fruity sour smell and light hybrid high :biggrin:

ps reminds me almost of goji if it were crossed with a sour d.

igrowone

Veteran
I know this thread is a bit old but im doing another round of these this year because they came out straight purple fire really nice fruity sour smell and light hybrid high :biggrin:

a hermie success story, good to hear
i imagine a lot of good genetics get tossed from the scare stories

PDX Dopesmoker

Thanks for the update, way too many threads on the site never get to the end of the story. Your update makes it sound like you might have grown them outdoors last year, if so did they stay one gender when they were grown outside?

Yeah actually the year before last, all the females stayed female and had zero nanners! I'm pheno hunting them now for a specific one that I got that year that was just insanely frostier than the rest of her sisters and a super sweet and sour berry smell and i think I've found her already. She was also the only one that turned completely purple that year and not just a purple fade on the leaves that disappears when you trim it up.
Oh and I'm doing them in a tent this year under 3500k leds instead of OD

Latest posts

Latest posts