What's new

here's my small stealth grow box in construction

ok been a while but here we go
the box is still in construction but im working on it bit by bit kids n all and working 3rd is giving me some trouble getting some quality build time for it but here are a few pics what i have been doing the past few days

im 5'7" just to give a size comparison

Attachments

• SANY0001.jpg
    SANY0001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SANY0003.jpg
    SANY0003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 3
  • SANY0004.jpg
    SANY0004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 4
  • SANY0007.jpg
    SANY0007.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 7
here are a few more pics

more pics to come as work gets done

Attachments

• SANY0009.jpg
    SANY0009.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SANY0011.jpg
    SANY0011.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 4
  • SANY0014.jpg
    SANY0014.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 4
Not very small and not very stealthy :) Unless you disguise it as something else. Looks like fun though. I love building shit, but the anticipation can be a bit of a drag when time is hard to come by. Looks good, nice and square.

Thank you for the nice words McGuyver's, the build has been a bit of a pain to get the box as square as possible, but like you said it's square so to say. i am putting a 600 watt
6" Air Cooled Hood into the Larger Side of the Box Vented with a Blower Fan hat im going to hook the ducting up to. The other side will have a 2ft 4 lamp T5 H.O. Fluro set with 4 6500K bulbs in it for Veg. both chambers will have Passive Air intakes with Negative Pressure building Exhaust Fans for air Exchange. going to try my luck with a SoG style grow. and my GF get's to use the top part of the box as a Laundry Table to boot lol which she absolutely likes, so now were both happy with my build.

I was thinking of using 8 to 10 inch pots and dropping 14 plants in, unless i get some 6 inch square pots and do a true SoG and use about 50 of them in the Box, grown in soil. Either way im cool with it, plenty for my purpose, in hopes to get 4 to 6 oz per harvest around 3-4 times a year

ok had an hour of time to work on the box today and she's ready for paint now. the 2 open ends will have doors installed once the box is completely painted and the equipment gets here. whole box is going Flat White And top will have a clear coat so the GF can fold her laundry on it.
keep the comments coming on your thoughts, likes and dislikes

Attachments

• SANY0018.jpg
    SANY0018.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SANY0017.jpg
    SANY0017.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
  • SANY0016.jpg
    SANY0016.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY0015.jpg
    SANY0015.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5
here's a comment: I think that you may want to consider bringing the whole grow up a little higher; I built mine on the ground too and man its it a pain moving them around to trim and water. That being said, I know your wife is OK with it because she gets a table to fold clothes on, its a nice compromise.

the dimensions of the bloom are 39"H x 43"W x 48"L
Veg cab 43"W x 39"H x 36"L
so i don't quite understand by what you mean with bringing the grow up higher
please elaborate
Thank You
Dragon

here's a small update on the Box. it's been painted and my 600 watt light should be here in the morning sometime will install that on sunday when i get back from seeing my daughter. door's will be painted and installed once i have all the hardware in place.

Attachments

• 5 WONDERWOMAN colas
    5 WONDERWOMAN colas
    91.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY0021.jpg
    SANY0021.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4
  • SANY0022.jpg
    SANY0022.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
looks sweet man whats your plan for ventilation? is your 600 in air cooled hood? i had a 400 in a space not much smaller than that, perform amazing!

aesoprock00

the dimensions of the bloom are 39"H x 43"W x 48"L
Veg cab 43"W x 39"H x 36"L
so i don't quite understand by what you mean with bringing the grow up higher
please elaborate
Thank You
Dragon

I think he means you should lift it off the ground, so the entire thing is standing up higher, like maybe on a table or give it legs or something. . if you have to kneel down on the ground to work with it, it might get uncomfortable and difficult to move things around while almost laying down. at least, that's what I think he means, and if so, I agree. Looks like it's coming along really well though!

LifeLess

Veteran
Is that height going to be enough with a 600? After you minus the hood,pots and space between the light and tops of the plants what are you left with? Maybe do some research on doing a scrog in there. After seeing the work on the grow cab im sure you would build a killer scrog. Good Luck LL

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Man, l would rethink the lighting. You have a height restricted environment and HID willeat up more headroom. Check out the build in my sig. Maybe it could take your thinking in a whole new direction.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
Man, l would rethink the lighting. You have a height restricted environment and HID willeat up more headroom. Check out the build in my sig. Maybe it could take your thinking in a whole new direction.

i second that.

ok did he measurements i will have approx. 25 inches between flowerpots and light wich will be more than enough to do the SoG, wich also leaves me enough space for a ScroG if i wanted to but thats later on i have never grown ScroG before, so that might be a future adventure. but for now im sticking to what i do know straight plants :) here are the measurements

Flower Cab- 48"Lx39"Wx43"H
Air Cooled Hood- 19"Lx15"Wx8"H
Average Flower Pot- 10"H
25" Vert Grow Space

perfect SoG Growth posibilities if clones are placed straight into 12/12 after 1 week of Veg