What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heres a fun little cab I whipped up.

Tony Danza

Connoisseur300 said:
Nice Grow! Look like you might be able to make the screen a little shorter next time and end up with some bigger buds. Just a thought.

What do you mean by shorter? Like lower on the plant/earlier in veg? I didn't apply the screen until switching to 12/12. Would a "shorter" screen be a fuller screen and therefore more budsites? Tips and pointers are appreciated. (whether or not I use them is another story)

thanks

the danz

clowntown

Veteran
Damn great job. :yes: Did you have "stealth cabinet" in mind from ground up, or just coincidental that you found an inexpensive micro-grow enclosure?

I've always wanted to (and still do!) build one of these cabinets for kicks... seeing threads like this keeps re-sparking that fire!

If I wasn't so broke I'd probably get off my ass and get 'er done, but ...

Tony Danza

Thanks Town, it just sorta worked out that way, I was looking to build a pheno hunting box/put my 70w to use. I would call this a "semi stealth" cabinet unless I could muffle the exhaust fan better, putting it in the living room probably wouldn't fly, but kickin it in a bedroom closet is no prob. I had a leo issue a couple years back when I had a grow that couldn't be quickly hidden from the fire dept, now I just pull the plug and walk away, nobody has any reason to look in the little cab in the corner. I think I actually yield more now in 4 cabinets than I did when I used a walk-in closet anyway (thanks to ICmag).

With some better filters, this thing would make a sweet Isolation chamber for small scale breeding.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Tony Danza said:
now I just pull the plug and walk away, nobody has any reason to look in the little cab in the corner. I think I actually yield more now in 4 cabinets than I did when I used a walk-in closet.

I've been saying that for a while now to my buddy about what to do when he moves and I've keep telling him I think he would yield more with a few cabs around the house than taking up a whole room and it would save space....

cocageo

i really like ur cab

is it just the lower buds seeded/ ur end bud looks great

i would like to see more of this

Tony Danza

cocageo said:
i really like ur cab

is it just the lower buds seeded/ ur end bud looks great

i would like to see more of this

You know it's kinda crazy, This girl sprouted LOTS of dicks out of the base of the second nug set, pretty much every branch too. I plucked what I could and hoped for the best, but then I saw a whole bunch of hairs turn red super early (like when the buds were pinkie nail size) and I was positive I was going to be hashing the whole plant and throwing away hundreds of seeds. But I've smoked a few nugs and have see no trace of seeds, premie or otherwise. Must have been sterile pollen.

Wow now that's what it's all about growing some azz kicking weed and watch the girls grow until it's time to smoke them. Great job cuz.

Tony Danza

Details

Details

Well Mess'n'grommin' put me in his links so I guess I'll put some more detailed pics in. I'll put these pics in the OP as well.

First we'll look at the back. (where I keep the ugly parts) I use that 3m carbon furnace filter to cover the intakes on my big cab and on this as well, I'm sure it's not blocking too much smell, but the blackness helps with the light leakage, and the filter comes with a big plastic grid from which I made the scrog screen. I good buy for under $20.

I'm bummed the hps cord was in front of the fan plug because it's kinda nifty. I glued the big fat 12v plug to back of the box and then plug one side of a 3 way extension cord onto it and the plug for the cfls onto the back of the 3 way, this way the 3 way become the primary power cord in a somewhat clean way. I should have said "way" a few more times in that sentence.

and the hood area. If anyone wants to know how I shaped the hood I can post a spot on that either here or in it's own DIY.

and where the magic happens.

heres the little girl who lives there. She looks pretty rough because she's been flushing for a LONG ass time and all her fan leaves are strait up dead, it's hard to get in there to pull the dead ones off.

a little haircut:

and the results:

So there's that.

cloneX

I love all these micro cabs and want to build one but I still can't figure out how to connect a pc fan to a DIY scrubber as I cannot have any smell leaking out. I wanna ditch the dealer fed up ridiculous prices or with poor quality or not even dried fully etc.. but how to fix pc fan to some sort of scruuber I'm still not sure?

Buddage

Pc fans really dont move enough air in the first place to then have it pull through a filter also. Look for a stronger fan, can fans can be purchased for about $25 and move significantly more air.

Bobbles

Yo this was a nice grow. Those buds look quite dense and you definitely could fill out the screen more upping your future yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts