What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Here we go again..

Dr Bombay

I just harvested and trimmed the first plant, the one in first picture at post 152.
It almost for sure the best yelding plant in there and I would say by the looks of it we'll be at 50gr+ dry on this one.
The high is also fantastic, I just had the scissors hash 15 mins ago and I am flying high. Pure heady pleasure high, no noticeable body effects.
The fade went well on this one, plant was the most deficient one since I stopped feeding nutrients, and by now most bigger fan leaves were already dead or very easy to pull apart from the stem, like almost dead.
Forgot to add smell is very floral, with frutty undertones, no sign of the darker chocolate vanilla aromas i was smelling mid flower. I wonder if they will come back after a nice cure. Since this bud is so powerful and long lasting high some of it will get a proper curing and may stay for a while in my stash. Every time I've grown it I felt half a gr of the swazi equals at least a gr of any other hibrid or indica. 0.3-0.4 gr will keep you entertained for hours looking at the ceiling or out the window or thinking about stuff.

Hi Exploziv. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't even know Swazi existed. Great smoke report 👍🔥🎄🧞😸!!!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I just harvested and trimmed the first plant, the one in first picture at post 152.
It almost for sure the best yelding plant in there and I would say by the looks of it we'll be at 50gr+ dry on this one.
The high is also fantastic, I just had the scissors hash 15 mins ago and I am flying high. Pure heady pleasure high, no noticeable body effects.
The fade went well on this one, plant was the most deficient one since I stopped feeding nutrients, and by now most bigger fan leaves were already dead or very easy to pull apart from the stem, like almost dead.
Forgot to add smell is very floral, with frutty undertones, no sign of the darker chocolate vanilla aromas i was smelling mid flower. I wonder if they will come back after a nice cure. Since this bud is so powerful and long lasting high some of it will get a proper curing and may stay for a while in my stash. Every time I've grown it I felt half a gr of the swazi equals at least a gr of any other hibrid or indica. 0.3-0.4 gr will keep you entertained for hours looking at the ceiling or out the window or thinking about stuff.

sounds like 50 grams can keep you high for a month. :smoke:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Ofc, i took some. Soon I will post some random pics I managed to take.

This is the plant I harvested:

This is what was under all that foliage:

This is about half of the buds I got from it: (I expect this plant will yeld about 25 or so dried grams, and also about 5 gr of popcorn buds that will go soon to my vape pile.)

The remaining 7 plants. (2 or 3 of them will probably be ready in the next week, then the rest I think will be harvested in the following week.)

Today was already 13th week of flower and as said some need a week more or so. I suspect in trying to give them enaugh Ca and Mg I also feed way too much N in flower and that delayed flowering a bit. It may even lowered yeld a bit, but there's enaugh anyway so I can't complain. Anyway, this is the thing I need to perfect in the following grows.. finding cheap and organic inputs to give the needed Ca and Mg and P they need without too much N. Any pointers there would be appreciated.
See you soon with more pictures and info! :wave:

JustGrowing420

Anyway, this is the thing I need to perfect in the following grows.. finding cheap and organic inputs to give the needed Ca and Mg and P they need without too much N. Any pointers there would be appreciated.
See you soon with more pictures and info! :wave:

Don't you have dolomite lime in the mix? I didn't use the previous round and run into some issues with Ca mostly.
In the mix I will use this round I have added lime + some gypsum to raise more the Ca as lime has a low ratio I believe.
If all goes well I plan on adding/substituting gypsum with oyster shell.

Previous grows were all with lime and never had any issues. But I am under HPS, I heard LED has different requirements.

edit: for P what about guano?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
As about the smell of this last one plant, it was very floral and frutty, I would say about 95% identical to the smell of tuberose flowers.
And this one was the same I mostly noticed before in my older swazi rooibard grows.

Some descriptions of the smell of tuberose I found online:

"And actually, tuberose smells almost salty in large amounts. It's pretty much the flower version of creme brulee. It's dense, rich, and not sweet exactly, but very powerful. It smells distinctively tropical and summery."

"When in bloom, the flowers of P. tuberosa emit an intense fragrance that consists of floral volatiles, mainly benzenoids such as methyl benzoate, methyl salicylate, methyl isoeugenol, and benzyl benzoate, and some terpenes, which include 1,8-cineol, farnesene, and germacrene D [27–30]."

"The smell of tuberose absolute is like an explosive bouquet of white flowers. ... With its milky notes, from its profile emerge exotic flowers like gardenia, frangipani and tiare, whose petals are mixed with coconut oil for the traditional Monoi, the scent of skin under the sunlight."

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Don't you have dolomite lime in the mix? I didn't use the previous round and run into some issues with Ca mostly.
In the mix I will use this round I have added lime + some gypsum to raise more the Ca as lime has a low ratio I believe.
If all goes well I plan on adding/substituting gypsum with oyster shell.

Previous grows were all with lime and never had any issues. But I am under HPS, I heard LED has different requirements.

edit: for P what about guano?

Yeah I have dolomite lime, about 2 spoonfools per 4.6 liter pot of soil mix.
Mg and P I think are main concerns as to what to feed them from in the flowering phase. Probably will go to mgOs salts for mg and yeah i need to buy something for P. My philosophy about growing is to get all my stuff in regular shops or home improvement stores. So kinda hard to get good guano that way, but if nothing else will work I guess I need to explore that route as well.
Thank you for following my thread and for your reply! :wave:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey exploziv,
I was after CA,Mag and P I would use dolomite lime and high P bat guano. That's what I did last round with a bunch of DoSiDos clones under Mars T1000s and it worked a treat ( you might remember the issues I ran into earlier with ready mixed bought soil and organic nutes)
Your ladies look f"cking amazing !!! Keep it up
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I know bro, but that one is only available at weed growing stuff stores. I would like to avoid. If it stays the only option.. then yeah I'll gotta get that. But if I can find others, I'd prefer to avoid.

btw, i just had my first joint of swazi, from the popcorn buds that got dried first. Not exacly perfect humidity to burn nice, but maybe withing 5-10% rh off. Anyway, the high is proper sativa, very powerful and mostly head high, straight forward, with about 5-10% percent body high. Definely more closer to the 5% than 10%.
joint was under half a gram and it sent me flying high.. and I'll probably be like this for hours. Always fun times testing sativas!!! Can't wait for the proper dried top buds. Those should be fireeee!!!

JustGrowing420

I was using Guanokalong and it's 1-10-1

Good stuff, have used it before, and I'm using it again in my current run. Also has something like 15% calcium. From the old packaging, new one does not seem to mention anything.

You can go just one time and buy let's say 5 kilos, will last you a few grows.
Isn't that semi dry stage of the buds very disturbing? I find it so.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehehehe very nice buddy, I can never wait and put them fresh buds in the vaporiser to try them even sooner hahaha.
You can get Guanokalong directly from the Dutch company that makes it, Femeg (or do they just distribute? not 100% sure). Seemed a "normal" company with nothing weedy about it and came quickly per mail.
Anyways enjoy the fruits of your labour!!!
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Just took out another plant to harvest today, later will post some pics of before and during harvest. This one is a smaller plant, but I did seen that I still have 2 plants in there that are on the big side, so harvest may be bigger that i anticipated. Also, all plants are within 1 week of being ready, except one (the one that was in the middle). That one has buds that are small and very foxtaily on the lower part (sign she is ready), but tops look like they are nowhere near. Sadly I will count that plant as a dud and harvest what I can from it same time with the others, probably next week. I suspect that plant is probably fucked from the high N in flower diet, or maybe a very long flowering pheno (but chances are slim since I grew lots of swazis and never found anything that will go over 14 weeks flower. And since the bottom looks ripe, probably means it was ok til mid or even late flowering and then something happened to her.
Anyway, No point in keeping the lights on and space taken for just a late plant.
Will post pics of this third plant's harvest today then next week I will be back with pics from harvesting the rest, and probably from jarring the first 2 plants that are close to dry on the ropes.
See you soon!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It took me a while to prepare the pics and post, but here it is:

We are at 13.5 weeks of flowering.
7 plants were left from last week. Here are they today:

noexif_14eaae3a.jpg

After I took that picture I took the front-left plant out for harvesting:

noexif_7cb9cf96.jpg

Here are some of the side branches:

noexif_2e290cff.jpg

Here is the foxtaily top:

noexif_3d8ad495.jpg

And this is what was under all that canopy:

noexif_02461c18.jpg

This is all the trim and popcorn bud from it:

noexif_f9f92fcf.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
As I said, this was a bit smaller plant compared to the others, I expect about 25 gr. dried bud from this one, maybe a bit more if I am lucky.
Smell has a bit of a disel type undertone on this one, besides the usual floral-frutty swazi aroma. Thank you for following my thread. See you guys and gals soon!

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Now I must report. Just 2 hours ago I had a nice joint from some small base nuggets that were already dried by hanging since last week. Properly dried and all. Great smoke, not really nice tasting yet because the floras smell is overpowered by the smoke a bit but definely some woody essences in there. This will benefit from at least a short cure.
I also puffed some now in the vape and I must say it sends me flying instantly from the vape. The joint i needed a good 3-4 puffs but on the vape I was flying before I exhaled first lungful of it @ 180C.
what i like most about the high is that it is calming, and gives me lots of ideea or makes me think about jokes and stuff.
seems moderate effect at first but then it comes in waves and it lifts you even more.

Dr Bombay

Great report. Ha ha! A nice kind of high!! 🔥😻 The Patrick Swazi has been added to the list of things I'd like to grow!

Great buds!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I just took the smaller branches from the first plant I harvested last week and made my first jar. About 25 grams fit nicely in a 450-500 ml jar. Not indica type compact buds, but quite compact for a sativa. Also, the tops were much heavier than the buds down low, so I bet the tops will add some weight as well.
And, in case you were wondering why is it called redbeard (sorry for pic quality, just a fast snap with the phone):
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_0f9459c0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	504.2 KB ID:	17875943

Latest posts

Latest posts