What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

here is my EZ bubble cloner.come in an watch.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
here is my (EZ) bubble cloner.

alsoI have done this 5-8 times over the past 2 years with 95% success.

here is the steps I did to make my EZ bubble cloner. and it only took 4 days to get this many roots growing. for real.

step 1. get a gallon container with a lid.cut a hole in lid size of a quarter.
I am useing soft foam to hold the clone in place.
and U can use a # of things to wrap around it to prevent the light from getting to the roots.

step 2. get some airstones and some airpumps and some long tubes.

step 3. connect the airstones to the tubes. then connect the tubes to the airpumps. I am using 2 airpumps and 2 airstones for my B-cloner.

step 4. then pick a healthy plant and take a 1-2 inch clone off it.
and stick down in the small hole that is in the soft foam. that way it will hold ur clone in place.

step 5. set the cloner under a LITTLE bit of light. and not a lot of light for freal. not untill it gets 1 inch roots.

step 6. watch it root/gro.:woohoo:

now for the pix.:abduct:pix from yesterday

OK well this how I have done it when I do it.
this is just my :2cents: on making and using a bubble cloner.

peace.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
also I wanna keep this thread open to show how the clones I take in the future grow.
once the clones have 1 inch roots on them I then plant them in eather soil mix or coco or I have also keept a few if my clones in the bubble cloner all the way to harvest.

thanks for watching.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yes they r but I usuly use MJ clones. that clone is about to go into a pot of soil and put outdoors.
then I am gunna take a clone off 1 of my flowering mj plants agen so i'll have some fem clones to put outdoors with my other plants.

sickworm

I have a few questions.

Do you just use water or any cloning gel?

How much light is too much? I think my problem is that I have too much light.

How far into/above the water do you put the bottom of the clone?
Sorry for the noob questions but I am HORRIBLE at getting my cuttings to root. I usually get all or nothing and for obvious reasons I want to up my survival rate.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have a few questions.

Do you just use water or any cloning gel?

How much light is too much? I think my problem is that I have too much light.

How far into/above the water do you put the bottom of the clone?
Sorry for the noob questions but I am HORRIBLE at getting my cuttings to root. I usually get all or nothing and for obvious reasons I want to up my survival rate.

I don't use any cloning gel.

I keep the clone in about 1/2-1 inches into the water at all times untill it roots then I just let the roots dangel in the water from then on.

Im not sure how much light is too much. but I use a few cfl lights on my clones. and I have them around 2 inches away from the top of the clone.

also this clone rooted under a 12-12 light cycle. which wowed me alot.
usuly I root them under a 24-0 light cycle.

also the strain ppl r using has something to do with ppls cloning success.
but I have cloned with all bagseed clones.

probly tomorrow I'll take a clone from 1 of my flowering plants.

well heres to good luck for u and anyone else who wants to make there own bubble cloner. its fun eze and works great.
]well for me it does.

also I keep the water at 5.8-5.9 ph 90% of the time.

but there was this 1 time where i took a clone and grew it from clone to harvest at 7.8 phed water and got an ounce of dank ass goods and don't know how.

well anyway hopw I was of some help.:joint::abduct:

Last edited by a moderator:

bf74

here is my (EZ) bubble cloner.

alsoI have done this 5-8 times over the past 2 years with 95% success.

here is the steps I did to make my EZ bubble cloner. and it only took 4 days to get this many roots growing. for real.

step 1. get a gallon container with a lid.cut a hole in lid size of a quarter.
I am useing soft foam to hold the clone in place.
and U can use a # of things to wrap around it to prevent the light from getting to the roots.

step 2. get some airstones and some airpumps and some long tubes.

step 3. connect the airstones to the tubes. then connect the tubes to the airpumps. I am using 2 airpumps and 2 airstones for my B-cloner.

step 4. then pick a healthy plant and take a 1-2 inch clone off it.
and stick down in the small hole that is in the soft foam. that way it will hold ur clone in place.

step 5. set the cloner under a LITTLE bit of light. and not a lot of light for freal. not untill it gets 1 inch roots.

step 6. watch it root/gro.:woohoo:

now for the pix.:abduct:pix from yesterday

OK well this how I have done it when I do it.
this is just my :2cents: on making and using a bubble cloner.

peace.
Nice! I've never tried this method-looks like it works like a charm- will give it a go! Thanx man

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
glad u liked it. hope it works well for u and anyone else who trys it.

I changed out the water to day. :) also this one has been in with my other plant in the bloom room under the 12-12 light cycle. not 24 light cycle. so thats why its small.

also this DWC mini can go with u anywhere u live. u can use it indoors or outdoors. would work well for a sog or scrog grow.
like u could build 3-4 of these things and get a good yield for a mini dwc bubbler.

also if one has a cab for a mother plant to get a good amount of clones to take then they could harvest all year around.

also I was thinking of building 1 or 2 more.:woohoo:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ok so I have planted that clone into my backyard veggie garden. now I have some sativa clones in there. taken from my outdoor sativa plant. it showed sex 2 weeks ago and is now reveging good.

here is a pic of the plant I took 2 clones from.

pix of the clones soon.:woohoo: I plan on making them into mother plants for more clones.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
nere is a pic from the other day. day 1 in the bubble cloner.
new pix tomorrow. as the leafs r now doing great.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I did something like this but I used a plastic storage container with a lid and cut multiple holes in the lid. I went to a dollar store and found a foam pool toy to cut up to use as plugs to hold the clones inside the holes in the lids. I then bought a 20 gal air pump for $10 and a $3 foot long air stone which BARELY fits inside if I place it diagonally along the bottom. I can root 20 clones at once in this thing, using basically same method outlined above. Best part is whole thing cost less than 20 bucks. The only clones that died were the ones who were too short to reach down to the water level.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah I wanted to build one of thouse but I am straped for cash atm.
In the future for sure.

here is what that little tomato clone looked like 1 1/2 weeks ago.

buck912

Thanks for posting the pictures and instructions.

Do you plant the clone with the foam on it or did you use foam with a hole in the middle and a cut on one side so you can open it?

Does the water level hit the bottom of the foam or do you keep an air gap? Are roots grown in the area the foam covers and does the foam stay damp all the time?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Thanks for posting the pictures and instructions.

Do you plant the clone with the foam on it or did you use foam with a hole in the middle and a cut on one side so you can open it? I cut on one side so you can open it[/SIZE]

Does the water level hit the bottom of the foam or do you keep an air gap? Are roots grown in the area the foam covers and does the foam stay damp all the time? no the stem of the clones R only 1ml into the water.

So then once they have 1 1/2 inch roots I would maybe plant them into soil or if i have the extra space Id leave them in there and do another DWC grow.

hope this helps some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts