What's new

Here is a link to a petition for Marijuana to be legalized in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
From the petition:

<< Exempts marijuana sales profits from income tax. Forbids most testing for marijuana used outside the workplace ... Immunizes marijuana growers and sellers from liability.>>

I think these are real problems and I don't know I would sign the petition as it stands.

If you grow for income, that income should be taxed. Otherwise we're a bunch of sneaky criminals trying to circumvent the law.

Forbidding proper testing is one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in.

If someone grows or sells weed covered in paraquat or glass or other deadly substances, they should be liable. Hell, they should be executed.

I want weed legalized as much as anyone but, I can't imagine this bill would pass and it's likely to paint us in a more horrid light than we're under now.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
well i can see this gettin the lockdown judging by the other post .... what's the violation on TOU? redundant thread?

Last edited:

inflorescence

Veteran
Someoneorother said:
Though it is not perfect, any signatures will help push marijuana toward being re-legalized.

No kidding it's not perfect.

Please come back when it IS, as this will be the only way it would ever have a shot at passing.

These half-baked petitions set us all back.

yeah, straight sales in Vons and Albertsons with NO tax. Yeah, THAT'S gonna happen? lol

Who comes up with these petitions? growers living in the hills smokin all day thinkin shit like this is actually realistic.

Step away from the bong.

Last edited:

NightFire

FreezerBoy said:
From the petition:

<< Exempts marijuana sales profits from income tax. Forbids most testing for marijuana used outside the workplace ... Immunizes marijuana growers and sellers from liability.>>

Income tax is against the constitution, and was a temporary fix for the financial situation of WWII. The income tax would only be relevant to CA income tax, not federal income tax. CA can, and does, make exceptions for groups of people that do or do not pay state income tax.

Drug testing is also unconstitutional. It requires you to submit to a search of your person, in a very in depth way. Would you allow your employer to go through every part of your house and car in order to be employed? If not, then why would you allow them to search the genetic matter of your body?

Immunizing growers and sellers is the only legit concern I can see from what I quoted.

inflorescence

Veteran
Someoneorother said:
Well.....588 signatures.

Pretty dandy I must say. Lets keep it up.

Who-hoo, the town of Arcata and some other off the map NorCal town has laid down a few signatures.

Now all you need is the other 99.99% of the state. lol

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
NightFire said:
Income tax is against the constitution, and was a temporary fix for the financial situation of WWII. The income tax would only be relevant to CA income tax, not federal income tax. CA can, and does, make exceptions for groups of people that do or do not pay state income tax.

Drug testing is also unconstitutional. It requires you to submit to a search of your person, in a very in depth way. Would you allow your employer to go through every part of your house and car in order to be employed? If not, then why would you allow them to search the genetic matter of your body?

Immunizing growers and sellers is the only legit concern I can see from what I quoted.

I believe the leagality of taxes in general is best left to another debate. As it's written, the petition provides growers with special treatment. I believe most voters would rather see growers operate under the same rules they do.

I take your point on drug tests for employment. I've only had the chance to refuse once, which I did. However, the way I read the petition it says, "No testing Cannabis for medicinal purposes and no testing the whacked out driver that just killed 50 people on I-5."

I want weed legalized as much as anyone but, this petition reads like a South American drug cartel's wet dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts