What's new

Herbies FREE seed - AFGHANI - what strain or any info about this?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just have 1 going leaves are getting wider with every new set.
picture.php

Based on the opinions here seems like a poop strain.

I would like to hedge with it because of the expected short flowering time, so if anyone else who's grown has something good to say, please chime in before the final verdict

matt11

I grow this strain out a few runs ago. I got a very obvious indicia dominant phéno. With VERY VERY tight hard buds, like a rock. When growing it ident really have a smell, and buds weren't nearly as frosty as my other plants. Bag appeal was awesome though when dried and cured for a few weeks. The buds were light green with very bright amber pistols encompassing the buds. The potency was okay, but off par for a veteran smoker like myself

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just put mine into flower not a big plant but wanted to just do a small test run before comitting myself to a whole grow with them,(i should of done a few more) i dont know of the sex yet i'll know in about a week. Ive read its a mix bag about 50% say theirs were indica other 50% say they had sativa in their batch.Im still interested in what i may find in mine though.

igrowone

Veteran
seen some landrace descriptions of afghani in native habitats
some regions have large numbers of wild plants with sativa looking traits
plenty of pollen flying though the air, might be tough to avoid those genetics
i see a number of sativa looking grows that were supposed to be afghan genetics
maybe not so unusual

matt11

Every time I put an order in Herbie I get these. In my opinion their just run of the mill genetics, bag seeds or something. My plants I grew out weren't anything special, by far. I have a bunch chilling in the fridge, waiting for an outdoor operation one day. For me, not worth my indoor grow op , I got way better strains on deck before these.