What's new

Hempy Bucket questions.

TripTonic

I have 4 Hashberry seedlings in a hempy solo cup, I was just wondering when I should start feeding? They are about a week old. Any ideas?

E

EvilTwin

TT,
I'll often wait until I see just a hint of yellowing indicating the plant has used up it's stored nutrients. That allows the plant to be as large as possible before starting nutes.
ET

TripTonic

Alright well I waited till I saw yellowing of the tips of the leaves, I gave it 1/4 strength of Flora Nova Grow. So far its looking good, but I know how quickly things can go downhill.

SNiPerXP

Hey I'm interested in growing hempy style too, I was wondering what your feeding schedule is like? I'm thinking of going with REZDOG's recipe and want to know whether I should go feed, water, feed, water or feed, water, water, feed. Lol, sorry if this is confusing, stoned and tired :joint:

TripTonic

Usually you will feed everytime you water, at 1/4th strength when they are seedlings. Then moving up as they grow. I know what you were saying lol. Not confusing in the least.

TripTonic

Here is the little girl (hopefully) after giving her some nutes.
28iqmas.jpg

SNiPerXP

You should take a look at my grow, I'm having some problems myself that maybe you could help me with.

tinman

Alright well I waited till I saw yellowing of the tips of the leaves, I gave it 1/4 strength of Flora Nova Grow. So far its looking good, but I know how quickly things can go downhill.

i also use floranova grow and am absolutly happy with it. but......you need to watch yer ph. with floranova you will not have to add calmag if you use ro water. the three part flora series will require calmag or molasses or such. i feed every time i water witch is every two days and keep the ph at 5.8-6.2 i like to let it float a little. but after a while the ph in the bucket changes due to nutes being used. my ph on my super skunk just went to over 8 and am getting lock out. the fix is to balance out the ph by adding lower ph water to the higher ph water in the bucket it will bring it down to a good level so lockout will not continue. keep yer nutes low when ya do it like this so you dont burn them when the ph is right again and starts to take up the nutes better. a week after you can start to feed at their normal strength nutes again. sorry i was so windy here,just wanted ta share a bit.........good luck,tinman

SNiPerXP

i also use floranova grow and am absolutly happy with it. but......you need to watch yer ph. with floranova you will not have to add calmag if you use ro water. the three part flora series will require calmag or molasses or such. i feed every time i water witch is every two days and keep the ph at 5.8-6.2 i like to let it float a little. but after a while the ph in the bucket changes due to nutes being used. my ph on my super skunk just went to over 8 and am getting lock out. the fix is to balance out the ph by adding lower ph water to the higher ph water in the bucket it will bring it down to a good level so lockout will not continue. keep yer nutes low when ya do it like this so you dont burn them when the ph is right again and starts to take up the nutes better. a week after you can start to feed at their normal strength nutes again. sorry i was so windy here,just wanted ta share a bit.........good luck,tinman

The flora series already includes mag/cal in it, is it not enough?

TripTonic

Yes FloraNova includes everything that a plant needs, that is why it is so easy to use. The only thing I would suggest picking up is a bottle of clearex. It flushes all the salt build up.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Yes FloraNova includes everything that a plant needs, that is why it is so easy to use. The only thing I would suggest picking up is a bottle of clearex. It flushes all the salt build up.

Flora Series and FloraNova are two different things.

tinman

in a side by side experiment with clones the same age from the same mom at the same size with one fed flora nova grow and the other fed flora series i ended up having to add molasses to the one fed flora series and absolutly nothing else 'cept the flora nova. also, the plant fed with flora series had stretched so fast and was much weaker of a plant than the one fed flora nova whitch also was much bushier than the one fed flora series. now,remember,i use only ro water so you may not get the same results with other kinds of water. and trip tonic is rite! salts do build up quick with flora nova! im guna have to try the stuff he is recomending. thanx t t !
also,check out the hempy bucket thread,it has a link to an article explainin how to reuse pearlite! its awsome. at least i think it was that thread. ill check and get back if its the wrong thread! and a big thanx to dubwise! evil twins the shit too! thanx all........tinman

tinman

sniper,the link is in the official hempy bucket thread on the bottom of page 49 by hempyfan. tells you how to reuse pearlite.

TripTonic

Well here she (hopefully) is after 2 feedings at 1/4 strength Flora Nova grow. I have a question about when I should start feeding it a full tsp. instead of 1/2 tsp? Anyone know?
262wqpc.jpg

znlsgw.jpg