What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
sessile trich egg confusion

sessile trich egg confusion

make sure the eggs youre seeing arent just sessile pre trichomes. should be present all over the plant and look like little bubbles all over the leaves.

ANy more advice? I see eggs and plan on using Azamax tomorrow night.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IF you have the Hemp Russet Mites, PLEASE post pics of your affected plants so people can have more references and will make identifying the problem easier.
thanks.

plus the traditional leaf taco.
Its not inside so dunks and tents cant help.

It often hits 110 at day and now soon will be cold and eventually down to 50,40 then 30's and below freezing in flower.

I dont see anything living and I have a 300X USB medical grade microscope costing over $250 so Im right in there.

HOWEVER before I sprayed avid 2 days ago I did see living russet mites, Im 100% sure. Maggot looking slugs with front legs only the size of a, well mites leg?

Attachments

• IMG_1758-800.jpg
    IMG_1758-800.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I should mention that its only on one branch of that plant in the photo.
It goes from the top of the branch to bottom.

Iv had this past years but never figured it out.

ALso! There no mites on that mangled up photo.

I guess I have to do a full scope tonight.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
This was my nightmare!!!

This was my nightmare!!!

The way I defeated this buggers was with organics, mixed with good ol' fashion poisons ;) HOT SHOT no pest strips, Ka Pow, Nuke Em, Avid over and over and over again. There is a new product out from Bayer called "Movento" I believe, it's supposed to do the trick on these little buggers no problem. The Pest strips are not to be fucked around with. They are carcinogenic and you should wear a respirator and eye protection when in your room.

Also, the crop I sprayed with AVID weeks prior to 12/12 got tested for pesticides. They all came back as "none found".

Ras Mason

Veteran
yup.
This is the plague.
Avid and hexagon on all plants you are planning to keep, restarted from clones and treated treated treated.
Or JUDO will do it all.

more damage

more damage

more damage found but only dead bugs.

in the photo do you see eggs or glands?

Attachments

• StillCap2.jpg
    StillCap2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • StillCap1.jpg
    StillCap1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 26
  • StillCap0.jpg
    StillCap0.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 20
  • AStillCap0.jpg
    AStillCap0.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33
  • StillCap3.jpg
    StillCap3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 27
  • StillCap4.jpg
    StillCap4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 29
  • StillCap5.jpg
    StillCap5.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 28
  • StillCap6.jpg
    StillCap6.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 25
  • StillCap7.jpg
    StillCap7.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 30

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OGBIOWAR foliar pack is supposed to be used in 60% humidity... hard to get that in CO.... still works well but not to its fullest imo.
i ended up putting it in my soil...

im thinking iv doged the biggest bulltet with this forbid and avid.
every plant has dead mites. I had them on every plant!

hitting with an organic tonight, like azamax.
just to make sure.

oneofus

Jay,

Hit them two more times with the forbid a week apart...

Dunk them upside down in a plastic bucket to assure full coverage of all stems and leaves if you can :)

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
with forbid its not necessary to do a dunk like that. its sufficient to lightly spray the upper leaf surfaces. the tops of leaves will be fine because its a translaminar not a true systemic. contact coverage not necessary. you can do this to quite a large plant with a very small ammount of mix. more is not more effective its just more toxic to you the ground and area around and wildlife. there wont be less mites on your plants from making it so saturated it s a dripping toxic mess. the art of using these and the responsibilty is important. finesse and light but effective usage so as to not stray from the info regarding safety that is written from a standpoint of assumed dosage per area. its designed to work as its written on the directions. i would follow the dipping instructions for cuttings only. inthe case of cuts i think dipping in a small cup is the safer more conservative method. id rather use a dixie cup full not dispersed in the air as a fine breathable mist on new genetics and know that im not creating a situation that requires a backpack sprayer full.

Last edited:
xxxstr8edgexxx cool...

Mine are 10 feet tall so no dipping.
I used Forbid at low dose, 3 mil per 5 gallons, 10 gallons total 6 or what looked like perhaps 8mil total.

xxxstr8edgexxx im seing new damage and the poision effect, leaf curling and taco.
However I own a 300X vetrneran microscope and find nothing but dead mites.

Are they hatching and dying over and over?

Today makes 7 days from my spray of avid.
Tonight I sprayed Caps Beneficials to combat the poisons.
Tomorrow I hope to spray Azomax and then a few days later Forbid at the low dose.

Just OMG every plant was infested! I was so lucky to kill them off, I can assume they will be back, but by then Forbid and then harvest.

Advice on my plan xxxstr8edgexxx?

PS: Just preflowered today, but still makes enough time for the forbid to burn off and get lab tested, yadda yadda.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
asprin 350 mg per gallon or 1 tablet per gallon. creates a systemic immune response. google it or search retrogrows posts about. it. helps deal with the toxins.

Ras Mason

Veteran
if youre gonna use avid, use it right.
it s 3 times within 9 days. Especially if you are not using an ovicide (hexagon)
peace.

Abamectin (avid) @ 2ml/gallon
Forbid @ 1ml/gallon
Combined in spray bottle, used on tops/bottoms of all leaves, stem sprayed.

Day 1, again 4 days later, again 4 days later.

Complete and utter control. Now spraying once a month preventative on mothers/veg. No issues in 3+ cycles.

T

RetroGrow

Veteran
Abamectin (avid) @ 2ml/gallon
Forbid @ 1ml/gallon
Combined in spray bottle, used on tops/bottoms of all leaves, stem sprayed.

Day 1, again 4 days later, again 4 days later.

Complete and utter control. Now spraying once a month preventative on mothers/veg. No issues in 3+ cycles.

T

If you have Avid and Forbid, rotate every 3 days. Forbid is translaminar. Will penetrate leaves. Avid not translaminar. Must have full coverage. Keep the aspirin going to mitigate the toxins.

RetroGrow

Veteran
not necessary to do a dunk like that. its sufficient to lightly spray the upper leaf surfaces. the tops of leaves will be fine because its a translaminar not a true systemic. contact coverage not necessary. you can do this to quite a large plant with a very small ammount of mix. more is not more effective its just more toxic to you the ground and area around and wildlife. there wont be less mites on your plants from making it so saturated it s a dripping toxic mess. the art of using these and the responsibilty is important. finesse and light but effective usage so as to not stray from the info regarding safety that is written from a standpoint of assumed dosage per area. its designed to work as its written on the directions. i would follow the dipping instructions for cuttings only. inthe case of cuts i think dipping in a small cup is the safer more conservative method. id rather use a dixie cup full on new genetics and know that im not creating a situation that requires a backpack sprayer full.

The big thing is having a really good sprayer with wand and tiny droplets. Those cheap pump sprayers from HD suck, and waste a lot of spray, and it gets all over you. The toxicity of this shit is off the charts. My buddy has just discovered these, and has been texting me all night. I sent him here, hence my posts.

Latest posts

Latest posts